Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

b e a r - c h o o

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:07 pm

I would be willing to teach a calss, but which classes are currently lacking teachers?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:11 pm
I would like to teach Astronomy this term. I will fill out a teaching application as soon as I receive responses from the people I PMed about being references.  

Lyra Elizabeth

GeorgesPrincess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:39 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? for almost a year!

2. How many posts have you made? 491

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes, I have been enrolled in D.A.D.A I & II, Herbology, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures Year I & II, Charms, Astrology, and Potions. I did turn in my homework in on time-for every assignment given to me by each of the Professors.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
a)Potions b) Care of Magical Creatures

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Professor Weasley (Is that acceptable?)

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I want to teach at Hogwarts because, I enjoy helping others learn something new. It gives me great satisfaction to know that I have added to someone’s knowledge with a piece of intelligent information.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Well depending on how many students, and how many levels--I would definitely attempt to group the same leveled students together and make sure that their work is level appropriate. I would give quizzes, and tests for each level once the lesson has been posted and taught to the students. There of course would be classwork and interaction. For example a level 1 (first year) potions lesson would involve learning simple potions first--while gradually moving to more difficult potions for 1st years, for the term.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Miss Love Tantei, Giselle LeFlour, Alutian, Lyra Elizabeth.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: Well once I have had my two cups of coffee, I genuinely have a cheery disposition at all times. smile

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? I most certainly would be interested.

11.Anything else you would like to add: I appreciate the time and consideration in looking over my application. Should I get one of the classes I applied for—I will be more than excited to make sure a dessert of your choice will be delivered to your office. smile Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:32 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
Since October 20th, 2007.

2. How many posts have you made?

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes, I was enrolled in DADA: the Basics. I took a rather long hiatus partway through the term, but before I left I was very diligent with my work and turned in all of my homework in on time.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
Astronomy.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Calloway

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I want to teach because I love helping others learn.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
There will only be one level, because since nobody will have taken my class before, there is really no point in having 2 levels right now. I plan to post a new lesson and assignment each week, and an exam at the end of term. I will start with planets and moons, with each lesson containing information on 2 or 3 planets. After that, if there is time, I will move on to the sun, stars, and constellations.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Alutian, GeorgesPrincess, Giselle LeFlour, and mirmirfied5.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
I am very responsible and organized, and I'm able to get on Gaia every day.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
Yes, definitely.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I really hope I can teach.

Lyra Elizabeth

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Lyra is ok for Astronomy
Princess: ok for Potions
bubulca: I'll check a bit with your reference (but most likely you'll be cleared)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:45 pm
p i n k i s h r a y n e

I would be willing to teach a calss, but which classes are currently lacking teachers?

Available Classes

Arithmancy
Care of Magical Creatures
Charms
Flying Class
Herbology
Divination
Ancient Runes

Note if there is a class you'd be interested in teaching, but it isn't listed, then feel free to PM a mod with your idea.

IceeWitch

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 pm
IceeWitch

Lyra is ok for Astronomy
bubulca: I'll check a bit with your reference (but most likely you'll be cleared)

Yay! Thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:59 am
She is fine with it... I asked her... I could send you the pm if she is not online....  

Lorrieta

GeorgesPrincess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:16 pm
Lyra Elizabeth
IceeWitch

Lyra is ok for Astronomy

Yay! Thank you!

I will second that!! Thank you, Thank you! smile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 pm
I have a question: I know classes start on September 15th, but when do they end? I'm asking because if I know how many weeks I'll be teaching for, it will help me get an idea of how many lessons I can have.  

Lyra Elizabeth

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:26 pm

Classes end November 7.
A calendar will be released soon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Thank you. That is very helpful. Will the calendar be posted in the Entrance Hall or somewhere else?  

Lyra Elizabeth

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:26 pm

bucbucLA: Good luck with Flying Class. That class was only ever taught by one person and it hasn't been taught in a very long time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:15 pm
Would it be possible to teach more than one class?  

the_cereal_queen

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:27 pm
Neavah, if you cannot teach another class (or even if you can) here's a suggestion: since you taught Muggle Studies last term, you might consider adding another level to your class. That way, people who have already taken your class can can learn even more about muggles.  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games