Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:56 am
I'm not calling that satisfying enough to get a funny feeling down below. I dismembered someone with a chainsword and it wasn't messy or gory as it should be. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:04 pm
Quote:
I'm not calling that satisfying enough to get a funny feeling down below. I dismembered someone with a chainsword and it wasn't messy or gory as it should be. gonk

And that is disappointing. If you kill someone with a chainsaw, it should be wonderfully violent. I mean, you almost expect Kill Bill amounts of gore when you get someone with a Chainsaw.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:47 pm
Caleidah
Quote:

And that is disappointing. If you kill someone with a chainsaw, it should be wonderfully violent. I mean, you almost expect Kill Bill amounts of gore when you get someone with a Chainsaw.

If you do it in VATS there is normally more gore failing that the Bloody mess perk

one only wishes they was more Schematics like a better Chainsaw  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:43 am
Necro Fusion
YAR, LEFT 4 DEAD DEMO. It promises me a good game to come on the 18th, though I'm wondering whether I should get it on Xbox (Where I have more friends playing) or the PC (Where I can get mods and make new friends) O.o

Does anyone else have the demo? biggrin
I played through it last night and again just now...
It's pretty good.
My only question is.. what's with the witch at the end of the subway bit?  

General Awesome

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:35 pm
Quote:
The game is the same, even if it was named GTA Apocalypse or Tomb Raider 14: Fallout DC
Well, if you logic that a Rose by any other name... I disagree though. By giving something a certain name, it has certain expectations to live up to. For instance, what if Porsche made a good, solid, ergonomic car. It would be considered the shittiest Porsche ever made. However, if Volga made that same car, it would be heralded as their greatest achievement. The same thing carries over into all walks of life, methinks.

Quote:
Why not a search for a mythic computer system that controled legions of robots...
*cough*Tactics*cough*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:46 pm
General Awesome
It's pretty good.
Come and die with the zombies in the moonlight
They become alive when you die, you cannot fool them
You got to slam with the dead and let it go now
See a thousand hallowed eyes stare into the night

The game is different each time you play it, so you might not find the witch at the end. Hell, you might find her in the beginning or not at all. The AI Director sets up everything according to how well you are doing and what you are doing and how. It's weird, but cool biggrin

It's getting dark so prepare to die
They're coming after you
It's getting dark and you can't get away
They're coming after you

}{Pain - Zombie Slam}{

Necro Fusion

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:57 am
Xenos Mortium
Quote:
The game is the same, even if it was named GTA Apocalypse or Tomb Raider 14: Fallout DC
Well, if you logic that a Rose by any other name... I disagree though. By giving something a certain name, it has certain expectations to live up to. For instance, what if Porsche made a good, solid, ergonomic car. It would be considered the shittiest Porsche ever made. However, if Volga made that same car, it would be heralded as their greatest achievement. The same thing carries over into all walks of life, methinks.

Quote:
Why not a search for a mythic computer system that controled legions of robots...
*cough*Tactics*cough*

Just coudn't sneak that one past you.

I for one loved tactics. I mean, you could have the whole squad go prone and sneak up behind a group of raiders before saying hello with the cacophany of automatic gunfire. How's THAT for sneak skill? Man, I'm glad I got the chance to play that one.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:06 am
Dead Space! heart  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

General Awesome

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 am
Necro Fusion
General Awesome
It's pretty good.
Come and die with the zombies in the moonlight
They become alive when you die, you cannot fool them
You got to slam with the dead and let it go now
See a thousand hallowed eyes stare into the night

The game is different each time you play it, so you might not find the witch at the end. Hell, you might find her in the beginning or not at all. The AI Director sets up everything according to how well you are doing and what you are doing and how. It's weird, but cool biggrin

It's getting dark so prepare to die
They're coming after you
It's getting dark and you can't get away
They're coming after you

}{Pain - Zombie Slam}{
Yeah, I worked out stuff was changing the third time. Just thought it was the change in difficulty between the first and second.
Still, how do you kill the ******** without it getting startled?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:54 am
Commissar Hark
Xenos Mortium
Quote:
*cough*Tactics*cough*
Just coudn't sneak that one past you.

I for one loved tactics. I mean, you could have the whole squad go prone and sneak up behind a group of raiders before saying hello with the cacophany of automatic gunfire. How's THAT for sneak skill? Man, I'm glad I got the chance to play that one.
Look at mah signature. For the past six months I've been the General of the Brotherhood of Steel, which is now at its fifth year anniversary. I honestly think that Tactics was my favourite of the Fallout games.

Kaori Kapoigne
Dead Space! heart
How is that, by the way? I've heard good and bad.  

Xenos Mortium

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:00 pm
Xenos Mortium
Kaori Kapoigne
Dead Space! heart
How is that, by the way? I've heard good and bad.
There are these monsters that turn people into bloody messes and more monsters and you the silent engineer need to dismember them with a nailgun to properly kill them off. Shooting them was boring until I discovered that shooting the legs off and stomping down on the body and head with a reinforced boot was much more crunchy and sickeningly bloody. *stomp!* Fun! *stomp!* Fun! *stomp!* Fun! whee

All we need to do now is to stop screaming at each cheap surprise attack redface ((playing in a dark room with the surround on!!))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:50 am
Last night in dead space we were attacked by a tentacle baby that tried to rape the face of Isaac. But he would have nothing of it and pulled the baby off, punting it across the room with a roar. surprised  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:31 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Last night in dead space we were attacked by a tentacle baby that tried to rape the face of Isaac. But he would have nothing of it and pulled the baby off, punting it across the room with a roar. surprised
eek You have made me fall in love with this game, you have...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:21 pm

My computer can't process it. That saddens me deeply.

However, I'll be getting a 360 before next summer. Gears/Gears 2, Halo 3, Dead Space, CoD 4, etc.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:35 pm
you sadden me with talks of a 360
Dead space if a masterpiece I only have a few minor issues with

Left 4 dead if chock full of blood letting and horde squishy fun ^_^ this is by far my favorite year for video games
all they need is a new conkers game and I'd cry
Fallout 3 is oblivion with guns.. IN ALMOST EVERY WAY I played Fallout then switched to oblivion and I was still trying to activate VATS  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games