Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:27 am

Daniel gave a sigh of relief.

"Ah, good. I was hoping that it was acceptable. From here on though, things tended to vary. There was a strong tendency to watch sports, though that was closely followed by the desire to watch bad movies. Though why anyone would want to watch a movie that was bad escapes me."
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:29 am

Jessi's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh! I know of a movie that's so bad it's hilarious! I think if you watch it, you'll understand. It's called, 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail.' Want to watch it?"

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:36 am

Daniel shrugged his shoulders as he set the small pizza and drinks on the table.

"I suppose so. My experience with any type of movie is obviously limited. So whether good or bad, I wouldn't be able to really tell."

Setting his bag down, and pulling his jacket off, Daniel went to look at the shelf where Jessi kept her movies.

"This holy grail thing sounds familiar though. What's the story about?"
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:42 am

{{I haven't seen it in a couple of years, so if I get some details wrong, I'm sorry!}}

Jessi giggled as she went to her kitchen cupboards to get plates for the pizza.

"It's about these bumbling knights that go in search of the Holy Grail. You know about the Holy Grail from the Bible, right? Oh my gosh, the stuff they encounter and the stupid stuff they do along the way is so awesome. Maybe if you like that, we can watch Space Balls!! That one's my favorite, but since most guys like the Monty Python movies the best, I suggested that one."

She put the plates on top of the pizza box, picked the box up, gathered the beer, and then went into the living room where she proceeded to put everything down on the coffee table in front of her daybed.

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:48 am

{{ Okay. But to let your knowledge of Monty Python lapse is a tragedy. }}

"Bible? No. And bumbling knights? How could one be a knight for very long if they're considered bumbling? And I'm clueless as to what space balls is supposed to imply."
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:55 am

{{I know, right?? lol! My guy friends at college were the first to introduce it to me. Guys love that movie! XD}}

Jessi paused for a moment, looking at Daniel. She was considering what he said and how long it might take to explain what the Holy Grail was.

"... Maybe we should start with Space Balls instead..."

{{And a person can SO enjoy Space Balls without ever having seen Star Wars first. I watched Space Balls when I was little, and that was waaaay before I had ever seen Star Wars. smile }}

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Daniel walked over to Jessi's couch with a lost look on his face.

"If you say so. You're the expert in this situation."

Carefully, Daniel took a seat.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 pm

{{She doesn't have a 'couch' persay. She has a daybed. But she and Daniel could sit on it together! smile It feels like a normal couch when you do that, as long as you have a body pillow against the 'headboard'.}}

Jessi smiled and shook her head. "Don't look so trepidatious, Daniel! It's a great movie. Well, great in its badness, which ultimately makes it brilliant! Help yourself to some pizza and beer while I get it ready! I know you don't have to eat, but you should definitely try some pizza."

She went over to her rack of DVDs and started looking for Space Balls.

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:25 pm

{{ Couch seemed the best word to describe it with the unintiated eye of someone like Daniel. Or me. }}

Daniel didn't have any real interest in the pizza, though he noted that he should make sure to have some later. The lager however had piqued his interest. He had yet to manage to have more than a drink or two of any alcoholic beverage, and the practice was still curious to him. Picking one of the bottles up he started reading its label.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 pm

{{lol. Ok. wink }}

Jessi popped in the movie and then turned to go back to the daybed. However, when she saw Daniel reading the beer's label, she laughed softly.

"Now, don't drink it expecting it to taste like the beer in Vienna. It's American beer, so it won't taste nearly as good. Just forewarning you."

She smiled brightly at him and then went and hopped onto the daybed. She literally hopped onto it. When she got close enough to the edge, she hopped up onto it, causing it to jiggle a little bit. Then, she reached toward the coffee table and started getting two slices of pizza to put on her plate.

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Daniel looked over with a slightly surprised look as Jessi hopped up on the daybed. At the mention of drinking in Vienna, Daniel looked slightly abashed.

"Actually, I didn't do that much drinking, or eating while in Vienna. I was fairly centered on getting things set up."

With a glance, Daniel looked over towards the television, the first images of the movie starting.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Jessi was seated back on the daybed by the time Daniel mentioned that he hadn't drank or eaten much while in Vienna. She stared at him for a few moments and then slowly shook her head.

"Oh hun... If we ever go back there, we'll need to rectify that. Vienna and German beer is incredible. Actually, beer in both places is pretty much the same, but it tastes so much better than the beer here. And you liked those fruit-filled pastries, right? Well just wait til you have more of that type of food. It's great!"

She moved her head toward the TV and started to watch and eat.

By the end of the movie, Jessi's face was pink from laughing so hard and from the effects of the beer. She had only had two, but they had made her face flush.

She turned toward Daniel, chuckling. "Did you like that movie? I think it's hilarious!!"

{{Hate beer... both Vienna/German beer and American beer.}}

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 pm

By the time the movie ended, Daniel had certainly laughed a few times, though many of the jokes throughout the movie had confounded him.

"It was good, to me. Silly, for certain, but good."

The pizza had been interesting, he had especially liked the cheese. The lager had been somewhat disappointing, as once again the flavor confused Daniel as to why anyone would drink the stuff.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 pm

{{*cough cough GuinnessisIrish cough*}}

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:16 pm

ThisEmptySoul
{{*cough cough GuinnessisIrish cough*}}

{{ Indeed. However, the mentions of German and Vienna beer is reference to prior events. Not the Guinness itself. }
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games