Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Blows on the parchment a moment and then hands it to him, without taking the knife, "Here, why don't you cut it? He or She was your baby too." She gives him a small smile.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:06 pm

All right. I just thought you wanted to. *turns the knife around, then takes the parchment from her and carefully cuts the name out. He looks at the name on the parchment for a moment before handing it to her. Somehow, naming the baby had made it more real, more a part of his life, than it had been before. He had been more concerned with how dame reacted to it than anything*

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:18 pm

dame stares off into the woods that border the cemetery on one side. She thinks about just asking Karrie to leave her here or drop her back off at the house and she'd spend a few days in the treehouse. She sags her shoulders briefly and she lets out an inaudible sigh. She knows she has responsibilities to tend to and she cannot do that. dame opens the jar and drops the name on top of the ashes from her house....their house, all four of them, her mother, herself, and her two sisters...She has another fleeting thought before stifling it to think upon on a different day. dame nestles the jar between the two graves, twisting it enough where it buries into the ground slightly. She then says the baby's name out loud, "Riley Karrie Jones." She furrows her brow, says it again, and the nods, saying it once more, "Riley Karrie Jones. Yes." 3nodding

dame leans forward and rests her forehead on the jar for a moment before planting a light kiss on the topper and standing to her feet. She walks around behind the headstones and lightly kisses each one, whispering, "I love you guys." She then picks up the rest of the parchment and the pen and places them back in her pocket. Once situated, she looks over at Karrie, "You ready?"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:27 pm

*looks at the jar for a moment longer before standing up* I'm ready.

*touches his nose to the jar, then walks around the graves, going back to the car*

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:33 pm

dame gets into the car and buckles up, staying quiet for a good portion of the ride, staring out the window. Abruptly, without warning, she speaks, "I never want to have children." It shatters the quiet so jarringly it surprises even her. eek neutral
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:41 pm

*jumps a little bit, making the car swerve slightly* What? You don't?

Why?

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:52 pm

"No, I don't," she looks briefly over her shoulder at Velcore before returning her vision forward. "Because there are no guarentees in life, Velcore. And I have seen enough to know I don't want to. There are no guarentees one will stay pregnant; there are no guarentees that it won't die in infancy, childhood; there are no guarentees the parents will stick around or be healthy, there are no guarntees the parents will love one another or their children. There are just no guarentees in this world. There are already enough; I don't need another."
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:56 pm

You're right, there aren't. You just have to do the best you can with what you have. We have to keep moving forward, one step at a time.

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:00 pm

"That's right. No need to bring in another unguaranteed to get in my way. 3nodding "
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Well, it is your choice. You never know, you might change your mind some day.

I thought you liked kids.

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:07 pm

"Doubtful. I would never want to have any without being married anyway," she looks back out the window, "And I do."
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Well, you never know when things might change.

You could adopt, or be a foster parent for a child who does not have a family. 3nodding

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 pm

dame nods, 3nodding chin resting on her palm and elbow on the door, "I would definitely consider that. 3nodding But I don't want to bring life into this world. A child deserves a lot more than I can give." She continues to stare out the window.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:48 am

FireSpark
{{ Alrighty. And I can't wait for the day when we do away with this whole magic nonsense. blaugh Oh, and doors tend to universally open inwards.}}

Daniel smiled as the door opened and Jessi finally poked her head out. Walking in quickly at her invitation so that she could close the door again. Once the door was shut again, Daniel smiled and hefted the small box he had been carrying.

"Now, I'm not exactly an expert, but according to many of the programs I've been seeing on television, people who need to eat at home with an impromptu guest, tend to do so with pizza. It's not very big, but it's all I could find in the Aqua Springs kitchen."

Reaching with his other hand into the open bag he produced to dark bottles, whose labels he kept eyeing, as if not certain what they were.

"And apparently, one does not eat pizza without beer. And thus I have acquired two bottles of this, uh, Gwuh-e-ness. Technically, I'm not even certain that it's a beer, but again, it was the first thing I saw."

{{Yeah... I realized that a little while after I made my post about the door. But I was like, oh well. Too late to do anything about it now. *facepalm* lol. Don't know how to change that now or what to do with it.}}

{{And I'm starting to think Amy should have left the 'I'm in love with you' statement to Karrie to herself... stare }}

Jessi looked from Daniel's offerings to him, back, and then back to him again, several times. Finally, she just grinned brightly, took the offered items, put them on her kitchen table, and then went and hugged Daniel tightly.

"Oh Daniel... THANK YOU! You have saved me from boredom, dug me out of my apartment, and brought food and beverages to boot! You are truly awesome."

Jessi_Deramis

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:24 am

{{Aww!! Kits is so sweet! I'm glad she stopped over and visited. smile And was that a sketch of Amy?}}

Thistle was pacing back and forth along the floor in front of the vents. She was quite tired off all this bad weather, thank you very much. She couldn't go out to visit AS, she couldn't go and see Smok or Mwee or Kits. She was so happy when Kits and Smok stopped by the other day. She had turned pink after awhile of them being there. She didn't know if Kits would stop by again, but she was ready if she did!

Amy was sitting on the couch flipping through different channels on the TV. She thought about getting up and putting a DVD in, but she was feeling too lazy to do that right now.

She had hated that she had missed Kits the other day. She had called Kits shortly after she had woken up and Thistle had pointed out the note Kits had left for her. She joked with Kits a little bit, saying that the next time she came over, she better wake Amy's butt up no matter what.

Then, they started talking about different things for AS, and Amy said she'd definitely go to look at Kits' artwork on display at MW. She hoped Kits would go with her so that she could explain different aspects of the painting, her inspiration for the subject matter. She was really excited to see it.

Now, today, Amy was just sitting at home, flipping through channels. She had called Kits and asked her to come over if she got bored during the day. She even said that she'd love to have her spend the night if she wanted to. They could have another sleepover, complete with mixed drinks, snacks, and movies. She hoped Kits would be free that night for that.

Amy looked over at Thistle and smiled. "I know, I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing her, too."

Thistle squeaked up at her and then turned her head to look out the window.
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games