Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toxic Squirrelz

7,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:34 pm

User Image

Hello.

My name's Katie.
I hail from a map dot in-between NY, NJ and PA.
I'm a senior in High school and my 18th's March 3rd '09.
I love art, and am currently waiting for letters accepting
or denying my request to be in art college.

I thought I was Wiccan for 5 years, reading books and
websites and talking with other supposed wiccans,
Praying and believing but never daring to touch magic...
Until I found a thread by a person called Triste, today.
So I'm going to call myself as a Neopagan, until I can
learn exactly what it means to be Wiccan and
to call one's self Wiccan.

Thanks for accepting me into the guild!

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:27 pm

Welcome to the guild, Katie. I believe one of our resident Wiccan's has a thread touching on some of it in pathways.

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Toxic Squirrelz

7,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:35 pm

User Image

Thank you ! I'll look into it, for sure, in the near future.

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Evening all!

I'm a 35yo girl (grow-up, me? whaaaat?). Former hard-core Christian, I realized that to walk that path, I had to allow others to tell me what to be. (It works for some, not me.) So now, here I am, over 2 years removed from the church, trying to follow the leanings I've felt since childhood.

Very new to Gaia, I applied for admittance to this guild because I needed a place where I could ask questions, learn by lurking, and engage in conversation.

Of limited spiritual history (family runs the whole range of Christianity), no cultural/racial legacy to draw from (military brat, mixed ethnicity lineage, no family traditions), so I'm liable to stick my foot in my mouth until I learn my betters. sweatdrop

Which really boggles me then, considering my (lack of) past, how is it then that I feel called onto the path of the shaman.

I believe to be headed in the right direction, as 2 nights ago, a snake spirit came to me in trance, and pledged to be a helper to me. In turn, I pledged to be a helper to it. Felt right.

*bows*

Chaotic Paths

Bohemian_Scara

Melodious Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:59 am

I'm Jenni,

I'm an eclectic pagan from the UK currently studying Drama at university.
I'm 19 and have been practicing for just over a year and studying pagan theory for a little over 2 years.
I learn towards wildwood mystism and elements of wicca but also towards elemental magic. I also read tarot cards occassionally and occassionally do dream interpretations.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Hey, Bri here. I was brought up Christian, but there were a lot of things that didn't make sense to me - and I've always felt that there was something wrong with a lack of feminine divine.

To make a long, dull story short, I'm looking for a path that really resonates with me. I'm at a point in my life where I need that spiritual fulfillment. So I'm here to learn until I find the right path for me.

Lady Shortness

Timid Muse

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Lady Shortness
Hey, Bri here. I was brought up Christian, but there were a lot of things that didn't make sense to me - and I've always felt that there was something wrong with a lack of feminine divine.

To make a long, dull story short, I'm looking for a path that really resonates with me. I'm at a point in my life where I need that spiritual fulfillment. So I'm here to learn until I find the right path for me.

Hello ^_^
You should go check out the Pathways subforum.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 am

Ultraviolett1127
Lady Shortness

Hello ^_^
You should go check out the Pathways subforum.

Thanks; I'll do that. <3

Lady Shortness

Timid Muse

`Blaise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:59 pm

i'm `blaise.

i'm tired of living neck-deep in a sea of BS.

i'm here.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:06 pm

`Blaise
i'm `blaise.

i'm here.
Wibble Fish.

And nice ears. ninja

TeaDidikai

`Blaise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:14 pm

TeaDidikai
`Blaise
i'm `blaise.

i'm here.
Wibble Fish.

And nice ears. ninja

(:

i'll be a freshman in college next year, so i'll be a fish again soon >>;

my main is Toasty Marshmallow, if that's important; this is my pagan mule XD
and i'm a girl. sometimes it's nice to know those things.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:02 pm

My name is Gho

I'm DB and we're twins!

*glares* *hides*
Regardless, greetings all, we already know a few of you and we're honored to make the acquaintance of those we don't. It's good to be around those who have similar ideas of faith and a constructive place for people to grow and share together.

We've made a post in the "Paths" section, any comments about the post itself or it's contents would be appreciated.

Fare thee all well.

Gho the Girl

Seraphic Tissue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello~ I am Seraphic Tissue, but feel free to call me whatever you like.

I spent much of my life at this point searching for my religion--I was never able to accept Christianity, but I had a strong sense of needing to belong to some religion--I wanted to find my path, but for me, it wasn't as simple as going to church. I never felt what others seemed to, church to me always felt so empty.

In my early teens, I discovered so-called "Wicca". That is to say, the stuff that fluffies are made of. I felt I'd gotten closer, but I was quite put off by the lack of real, consistent information. [Now I know that this "Wicca" is not at all what "Wicca" really is. It depresses me that it's so prevalent.]

I slowly found myself drawn to Norse paganism, but unaware of Asatru (what I am now) at the time, I tried to work it into what I did know. So, I was fairly fluffy for a while, I'll admit. I'll even admit I might still be, which is part of why I'm here. I was one of many young people who thought they were "Wiccan". But even then, something felt very wrong. However, unaware of any other path, I tried to do what was "right".

Then, I learned of Asatru. Of course, I had known I couldn't be the only one like me, but where I live (north Texas), there aren't many of us. Starting to learn about it, I realized I'd finally found my path, and I couldn't have been happier. It took sixteen years, but finally I knew where I belonged.

That said, it's only been two years since then, and I know I've still got a lot to learn. When I started, I wasn't alone, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I am now.

I hope I can learn a lot from everyone here, and maybe someday teach someone as well.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Seraphic Tissue
Hello~ I am Seraphic Tissue, but feel free to call me whatever you like.
Welcome!

We have a couple awesome Asatru folks here- Deo amongst them.

Make sure you hit Pathways.

TeaDidikai

Weasel War Dance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:39 am

Hello, my name is Weasel (obviously not really, but call me that smile ) and I've been exposed to far too much fluff. I want to know the real stuff and get to the truth of all these religions.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games