Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:55 am

Ultraviolett1127
PhantomPhoenix0

Ah, Viking Metal syndrome rears its head once again smile

It also brings back my argument with the guy who said he offered a Coke to Odin's Ravens confused

I don't think I've heard of "Viking Metal syndrome" before...what is it?

Coke? To Hugin and Mugin? eek .

My own little term. One way I've seen it is, say someone listens to... eh lets try Einherjer. They think they're the best band ever, and love the lyrics. Viking Metal syndrome comes in when they decide to go "Oooh, people actually worship the Norse Gods still? Cool, I'm getting in on this", and promptly start worshipping because they think its cool. Anotther variation I've seen is just the number of heathens in the scene. I went to one concert with a few Viking bands, and I cant count the number of Thor's Hammers I saw. Basically, they're either indirectly insulting you, or generalizing.

That guy who offered Coke? Aparently listened to a little too much Amon Amarth (even though they're not Viking Metal, you get the idea).
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:39 pm

WHAT. THE. ******** best professor I have ever had. The professor who got me passionate about writing. The professor who gave me the skills I need to actually make something I could publish and have the courage to seek out publishers.

They're trying to fire this professor based on ~5 poor reviews. 5 out of... what? Hundreds of good reviews? Glowing ones even? And they're even trying to slander her reputation among the ******** academic community so she can't get work ******** them. I know exactly why they're doing this. She didn't play their political bullshit games and just taught us and taught us well.

I'm not letting this go. Angry letters time. I'm gonna contact everyone I can that have had her as a professor and get them off their asses too.

Recursive Paradox

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:17 pm

PhantomPhoenix0
Ultraviolett1127
And, so ******** help me, if one more person says to me "Oh cool! You worship Thorr and s**t? Here, you'd LOVE this viking metal band" or "Hey you do s**t with the gods of the vikings; can you recommend some viking metal bands for me?" I am going to ******** eat someone's face scream .

Ah, Viking Metal syndrome rears its head once again smile

It also brings back my argument with the guy who said he offered a Coke to Odin's Ravens confused

. . .

. . .

*blink*

*desk*
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Ultraviolett1127

Coke? To Hugin and Mugin? eek .

You should see what was fed to them in Eric Flint's novel "Pyramid Power". Jellybeans, among other things.

Operation Shoestring

RubyLight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:26 pm

Goddammit. What the ********? I WANT TO SEVERELY MAIME BILL GATES!!!!! scream
All I want to do is take my lab quiz, its a big chunk of my grade and its online only. I try to open the file, stupid microsoft says its "corrupted" and then after going through the help menu, it won't let me fix it. Then, I email my professor and the stupid mail daemon informs me that my email permanently failed. If that aint bad enough tomarrow half of my exam is going to be posted. I'm trying not to panic. stressed
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:38 pm

That is why Apple simply wins.

Office even works better on the Mac, that's what I've found. xP

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 am

It makes no sense. There are just no words for how much not-sense it makes.

Also, I really really hate being in hospitals. It's like every piece of palpable pain and anxiety that can be hurled around is there in my head and I know it's an overreaction, but I really hate being there.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:17 pm

Did Lewellyn recently release a bunch of new books?

I've noticed an increase in the "Accept everything question nothing love love love bunnies rainbows and sparkles are all I need in life and if you question that then you're a big mean poopoo head" s**t in a few other Pagan-related places I know of.

It is very frustrating to bring up some factual, historical points in a conversation, and then be shunned and told that you're being "mean" and "close-minded." I mean...how terrible for anyone to educate someone else who calls themselves a druid. How dare I question their sense of entitlement?

And, I love the "Why does it matter what someone calls their religion? It makes them happy and that's all that matters!" rolleyes . Right. Because the happiness of one individual totally trumps the right of a culture to not be misappropriated.

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:16 pm

SpaceTerminal Destiny

Not only does it work better on the Mac, it looks like a real application.
On Windows, it looks s**t. It's shiny as well as better on the Mac
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:52 pm

RubyLight
All I want to do is take my lab quiz, its a big chunk of my grade and its online only. I try to open the file, stupid microsoft says its "corrupted" and then after going through the help menu, it won't let me fix it. Then, I email my professor and the stupid mail daemon informs me that my email permanently failed. If that aint bad enough tomarrow half of my exam is going to be posted. I'm trying not to panic. stressed
Have you tried OpenOffice?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org

Tsuzuki

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:54 pm

CuAnnan
SpaceTerminal Destiny

Not only does it work better on the Mac, it looks like a real application.
On Windows, it looks s**t. It's shiny as well as better on the Mac
Until Apple starts selling the OS by itself it will stay on my suck list. I'm not paying for something I can build for a quarter of the cost.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Tsuzuki
RubyLight
Have you tried OpenOffice?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org

I use NeoOffice, the Mac version of Open Office. Such a beautiful application.

Ironically enough, people in my faculty have difficulty using their Windows OS computers in sending assignments and profs having difficulty because every computer in my faculty's building is a Mac. xD

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:59 pm

My parents are conspiracy nuts. I'm all for not totally trusting the government, and I firmly believe in the corruptability of power, but GODDAMN!! XP
It's really hexing to listen to him go on and on and on about it. He's my father, and part of me will believe him no matter what he says, because that's my dad and I'm supposed to ******** trust him. But it stresses me out and I have to freaking leave each time.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:36 am

M&R: scream gonk crying scream evil twisted gonk

TeaDidikai

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:04 am

TeaDidikai
M&R: scream gonk crying scream evil twisted gonk

We all feel that way sometimes Tea gonk , I personally feel it all of the time ninja
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games