Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Miss Love Tantei

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:38 pm

I think these are the classes that lack teachers:

Ancient Runes
Arithmancy
Flying Class
Herbology
History of Magic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:29 pm

I'm very sorry to say this , but I have to stop teaching Care of Magical Creature. For Mostly the whole summer i will not have a computer starting tomorrow. so ill finish the charms.

Jules4life_5

GeorgesPrincess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:13 pm

"Is it a little too early to put in a application for next term? I am interesting in teaching a class next term, and I do believe Mikki from my house is also interested in teaching next term as well. I will go back and re-read the first page to see if there are any set rules about when to apply."

Princess, recent 2nd year graduate of Ravenclaw.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:39 am

Jules4life_5
I'm very sorry to say this , but I have to stop teaching Care of Magical Creature. For Mostly the whole summer i will not have a computer starting tomorrow. so ill finish the charms.

Nevermind.

Jules4life_5

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:51 pm

GeorgesPrincess
"Is it a little too early to put in a application for next term? I am interesting in teaching a class next term, and I do believe Mikki from my house is also interested in teaching next term as well. I will go back and re-read the first page to see if there are any set rules about when to apply."

Princess, recent 2nd year graduate of Ravenclaw.

It's not too early to post one, but you won't get accepted until later when time gets closer.

Classes are done right now (due to the Blackout)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:00 pm

I will not being teaching CoCM or Charms

Jules4life_5

Giselle LeFlour

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:57 pm

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
I’ve been a part of the guild for a little over 2 terms. So, not quite a year, I’m pretty sure.

2. How many posts have you made?
I’ve made 338 altogether.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
I was in Defense Against the Dark Arts for 2 terms and turned everything in, except in the first term whent I went on a 6 week hiatus. I was also in Care of Magical Creatures this past term, as well as Muggle Studies. I turned all of that homework in as well.

4. Class you are applying for:
I want to teach History of Magic and/or Astronomy.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
RP: Prof. LeFlour or Prof. L
Username: Giselle LeFlour

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I’ve always really wanted to teach something. It looks fun. And I like the whole organization of it.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Well, every week I’d have a new lesson and homework for every lesson. I’d have a little extra credit and such too. Maybe a little trivia. And discussions, before I gave out the homework sometimes.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Alutian, the_cereal_queen, Pokemon416, mirmirfied5, Miss Love Tantei

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
Um… I’m always checking to see what’s going on in the guild, and I can get online everyday, unless something weird is going on.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
Of course! Anything to be a part of the action.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
I’m just really excited to teach a class, and for the term to start!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:17 pm

Hogwarts Teaching Application

-Approx. a year and a half

-3150 posts

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
-Yes and I have been very diligent

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
-Defense Against the Dark Arts and Care of Magical Creatures

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
-Professor Ann Clairion

-I have nothing but time and many things I'd like to share with others. Its a good feeling when someone learns a few things and it sticks with them.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
-Lessons will be updated weekly and most likely have homework to go with it. There will be at least 3 levels to the class, which will lengthen the gap between those who've gone through the lessons and those who are new.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
-IceeWitch, Animekitty47, Hayden Cain

-Knowing what is to be expected through past experiences and a knack for constantly updating the lessons.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
-Absolutely.

-I'll give you a box of heavenly-sent cookies? ^__^

Miss Love Tantei

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am

Looks like we have a new Defense Against the Dark Arts and a new History of Magic teacher!
Congrats guys! [Set up your classes as soon as possible. Classes begin September 15]
-As of now you are in the running for your second choices, but I'm holding off in case someone else decides to apply for Care of Magical Creatures and Astronomy-

[Love: I want my cookies!]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:38 pm

hmmm...2-3 years I believe

Yes I was.

Muggles Studies or Care of Magical Creatures.

Professor Heartwood.

I taught last term and it was lots of fun!

There will be four lessons all together. They will be very in depth conversations and homework on all the lessons. There will also be chances to get extra credit.

Nick_Jonas_Luvr and Junimaia

I have taught this class before.

I would love doing that!

I love muffins

the_cereal_queen

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:12 am

I think you're good for Muggle Studies. Good luck!
User Image
[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l320/Red_deer/HPGoG_ness/cup2_F.png[/img]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:27 am

I think it should be about a year ago...

451 posts

Yes. I enrolled in Miss Love Tantei's DADA class. I think I'm quite diligent. ^^ I enrolled quite late but managed to complete all homework.

Transfiguration or Charms

Professor Fearless

I like to impart knowledge that I have to my students!

There will be three to four lessons or maybe more... it depends on my time. Students will have class projects "class work" and also homework which they have to pm me. There will also be chances to earn extra credits through some games, trivia and maybe also class discussions!

Miss Love Tantei and AnimeKitty.

I believe I have the passion for teaching and that I could teach very well. And I'm FUNNY and hyper!

SURE!

I'll be really glad to be able to teach!!

MikeDrawl

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:24 pm

A Gryffindor Transfiguration teacher??? Who would've thought?
Good luck Fearless.

Also: Everyone must create a brand new thread (for their classroom) I'll go through and lock the old ones now
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:20 pm

im not sure, maybe 3 - 5 months.
Yes i tried to be in elf school but nobody was there teaching.
Flying school
Madame Lorrieta. bucbucLA
I would like to be more a part of the guild.
I will set up the class so that you need to have a broomstick with you.your first post will be one of you wanting to join the class. Since it is flying school i will have assingments on what you do when flying a paper o proper liftoffs and landings. also i will give the sudents a chance to roleplay themselves flying after i give an instrution.
yes Nick_jonas_Luvr thinks i would be a great teacher.
I have plans all set out for lessons and i have ideas of what the classroom will look like.
yes i would be fine for substituting.
I think i have said everything that anybody needs to know.

Lorrieta

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games