Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:14 am
Woo Fable 2 this week (if the shop with the guy who does not give a dam about release dates has it )  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:41 am

http://kotaku.com/5061418/new-resident-evil-5-tgs-trailer

Resident Evil 5 trailer from the Tokyo Games Show.

I personally am saddened. Less "survival horror," more blase action.

-=Edit=-
Wesker is there. That means crazy s**t is bound to go down.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:08 am
Caleidah

http://kotaku.com/5061418/new-resident-evil-5-tgs-trailer

Resident Evil 5 trailer from the Tokyo Games Show.

I personally am saddened. Less "survival horror," more blase action.

-=Edit=-
Wesker is there. That means crazy s**t is bound to go down.
I think survival horror is horribly overdone. Not only are the graphics on this epic, but it looks more appealing from a non-horror point of view.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:49 pm

I'll agree with you on a few things. Yes, survival horror is overly done. And yes, the graphics here are flipping amazing. Resident Evil used to stand as the pinnacle of survival horror. There are things in the older games that -still- make me jump.

Something that I'm a bit upset with is that there appears to be a strafe command now. Oh well, though. Perhaps I'm just frustrated that they're changing up a series that I love.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:57 pm

For the sake of giving this thread "Ye Olde Kick in the a**..."

Dead Space. I plan on buying this ASAP, but there's plenty for it to chew on currently. If you haven't watched them, I fully suggest that you start out by watching these.

Dead Space Animated Comic (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

These make for a very gritty intro to what's going on, and there's soon to be an animated tie in to the game.

Dead Space: Downfall

Don't know how much you guys have been following this game, but I've had my eyes open for it since the article first popped up in Game Informer last year at some point (I have the issue, I just don't know where it is).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:10 am
Sorry about the absence the past week, but FALLOUT 3 came out. That came is straight up electric crack. Did I say came? That's cuz I did.

HOT DAMN that game is fun. I've fallen behind on exercise, showers, shaving and toothbrushing. My shopping list has changed from three healthy squares to mountain dew, frozen 'za and cheetos. I even forgot to call in to my Recruiting Officer. He did the favor of calling me to tell me the DEP meet changed days again, which is good, because I'm going to be engrossed in post-apolalyptia that day. I almost forgot to vote, but I was at the part where everyone in the Republic of Dave votes for their new president, and I realized that it was election day in real life too. Just finished the main quest a few days ago with my good guy, so I started a second file, for my evil guy. Evil is much funner, BTW.  

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 pm
Is it true that there's a giant nuke throwing super patriotic robot in the game that claims to rather be dead than red? confused  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:46 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Is it true that there's a giant nuke throwing super patriotic robot in the game that claims to rather be dead than red? confused

SPOILER ALERT!

You are of course reffering to Liberty Prime, the salvaged war machine and secret weapon of the brotherhood of steel. Yes, he is my hero. I just love watching five enclave soldiers try to bring him down with sustained plasma bolts, only to me instantly vaporized by his giant blue eye-laser. "I WILL DESTROY ALL COMMUNISTS" he bellows, war cries that could be heard from miles away. Yes, the last mission on the main quest is quite fun, even if you do only kinda follow the robot all the way across downtown DC.  

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Necro Fusion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:13 pm
Come and die with the zombies in the moonlight
They become alive when you die, you cannot fool them
You got to slam with the dead and let it go now
See a thousand hallowed eyes stare into the night

YAR, LEFT 4 DEAD DEMO. It promises me a good game to come on the 18th, though I'm wondering whether I should get it on Xbox (Where I have more friends playing) or the PC (Where I can get mods and make new friends) O.o

Does anyone else have the demo? biggrin

It's getting dark so prepare to die
They're coming after you
It's getting dark and you can't get away
They're coming after you

}{Pain - Zombie Slam}{

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:41 am
I noticed the demo, but I decided to download the Mirror's Edge one instead just to see if it's as boring as I figured it would be.  

General Awesome

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:43 pm
I have the Left 4 Dead demo. ninja I've not gotten a chance to play it yet though.

And Fallout 3. Holy s**t, awesome game. It does suffer a bit though ofbeing part of a series. Should it not have been named Fallout, the game would have been a lot better. I've no real right to criticize it on that note however, as Fallout Tactics will always hold a warm spot in my heart.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:58 pm
Xenos Mortium
It does suffer a bit though ofbeing part of a series. Should it not have been named Fallout, the game would have been a lot better.

The game is the same, even if it was named GTA Apocalypse or Tomb Raider 14: Fallout DC  

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:30 pm
I find it odd that they couldn't think of any better storylines than a rehash of the first two games. Sure, there's the "gotta find my father" part, but it pretty much dwindles down to: "we need pure water, and kill super mutants" (fallout 1's search for the water chip, and the fight against the master's army) as well as "We need to find a G.E.C.K. and defeat the enclave" (fallout 2's quest for the G.E.C.K. and the fight against the enclave)

Really. Couldn't think of anything else. Why not a search for a mythic computer system that controled legions of robots, or the race to find a medical facility in order to save the wastes from a great plague, or stop a madman who feels that we must finish the job and exterminate the rest of all life, or anything else.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:38 am
I decided to give it a whirl and well, meh. I slept with the town whore and got nothing! The game is also very lacking in its gore. This is one of those games I'll watch someone else play.

I did find a ripper, which feels a lot like a my first chainsword.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:55 am
Did you say it was lacking in gore? Stand over a corpse with your sledgehammer and give it a couple good whacks and tell me that isn't satisfying.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games