Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:48 am

Jessi groaned softly and moved her hands from her pillow to rub her eyes for a few moments. She wasn't that nervous around Daniel right now. Her head was hurting too much to be nervous at the moment! She had kept up fairly well so far, but this latest thing dealing with two thousand years was blowing her mind. It was too much to try and understand.

"I don't... understand. Not at all. You went backward in..."

She gasped and looked up at Daniel, suddenly having a revelation that she hoped was right.

"Wait! The passage of time that was almost two thousand years wasn't entirely traveling backward, right? You weren't talking about two thousand years in the past. You meant that you were asleep for two thousand years, right?! Well, sleeping, doing whatever. Fact is you spent two thousand years in that space, right, where we were? Not two thousand years in the past?"
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:25 am

Daniel shook his head, but then stopped to nod, but ended with a slight shake again. There was still so much he didn’t remember, so much that he couldn’t explain no matter how desperately he wished too.

“You are correct that I did not spend that time in this planet’s past. But I do not know where I spent the time. Though it must have been somewhere, otherwise I couldn’t have, or wouldn’t have met…”

Daniel looked slightly concerned for some reason, though he only shook his head slowly.

“There is still a lot that I haven’t quite figured out yet. But there is one thing I know. And I mean really know. Coming here, with no memory, meeting someone like you, was probably the one thing I needed most. I have all those memories again, from Paris, but already the pain lessens. I think, being what I am, I may have thought that there couldn’t be anyone to understand. To confide in. But with nowhere to go, and nowhere to hide from it, I had to face the loss. And it was easier, I think, knowing I had somewhere to come back to.”

Daniel dropped his gaze to his lap again, rubbing his fingers nervously.

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 am

Jessi sighed in relief that she had understood what Daniel had said. The two-thousand-year thing made sense now, for the most part. No, he didn't know where he had spent that time, but that was a problem for another day.

Jessi looked up at Daniel when he started talking about meeting her and knowing he had someplace to come back to. Her face was starting to turn a little red and she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked down at her pillow. She started playing with the edges of it.

Finally, though, she looked up at Daniel with a small smile on her face. This was the Daniel she remembered, the one she liked spending time with.

"Thank you, Daniel, for saying that. I'm really glad I met you."

She smiled shyly and shrugged. "And I'm glad Aqua Springs has given you a place to come back to. I'm glad that both of us came along when you were in need, I really am."
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:56 am

Daniel looked up slightly, a small smile of relief on his face, though the look of concern was still there. He leaned over and started to gather all of the documents that he had spilled out onto Jessi’s coffee table, and had it all quickly replaced in the large manila envelope. He tucked the envelope back into his bag, but then sat back up slowly. After a moment, his brow furrowed slightly. His face a look of concern and uncertainty.

“What now? I mean, what do I do? I’ve followed every lead I had. I’ve regained some knowledge of myself and even some memories. But now what?”

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:06 am

Jessi watched Daniel gather his things, a little disappointed that he was leaving so soon.

When he sat back up and asked her what he should do now, she frowned slightly.

"Well, what any of us do, Daniel. We work, hang out with friends, make goals and dreams for ourselves... I mean, yes you're unique in what you are and what you can do, but ideally, I would think that you would continue doing what you were doing before when you first came to AS. Work and try to find some happiness of your own. None of us really know what to do in the distant future. We just try to live one day at a time."

She gave him a small encouraging smile, hoping that her words helped him.

{{Lunch time!! Be back in half an hour!}}
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 am

Daniel nodded, accepting what Jessi said. Even just a week ago he felt that he would’ve resisted just letting things go and try and make a life. But one thing he had learned, or re-learned as it may be, change could take affect faster than anything imaginable. With a slight grin, Daniel stood, looping the strap to his bag over and around his neck to hang on his shoulder. He gave Jessi a slight nod.

“Thank you, for listening, and for believing me. And again, I can’t apologize enough for what I put you through, but I intend to make it up to you. Somehow.”

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:01 am

Jessi smiled in response to Daniel's grin and then stood up with him. "Well, thank you for explaining this all to me, Daniel, and for having patience while I try to understand all of this. And, as far as making it up to me... just try to live more in the moment, okay? I know the current moment is relative to you since you can go anywhere in time, but maybe if you tried to just stay in the present, mentally that is, then you wouldn't get so angry or frustrated? It's just a thought. Obviously I don't have experience with all of this."

She smiled slightly and laughed softly.

A few moments after her laughter faded, Jessi looked at Daniel for a little bit and then said, "Are you sure you're going to be okay? I mean, you can hang out here, if you want, if you're feeling a little unsure or something. I wouldn't mind the company."
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:40 am

Daniel arched an eyebrow at that last comment. He honestly hadn’t been expecting Jessi to want him to hang around even longer. At least, not yet. Much less alone. That sent his mind spinning in multiple different directions before he managed to just shove the concerns for himself away, and to stop worrying so much about every possible consequence.

“Oh, I wouldn’t want to impose on you any more than I have. Not that I don’t enjoy your company as well, but I don’t see how much use I could be for you. I mean, useful to you.”

Daniel began fidgeting with the strap of his bag again. Some things it seemed, hadn’t changed at all.

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Jessi arched an eyebrow in confusion at Daniel for a moment before she realized that he was just nervous again. She smiled softly and shook her head.

"Daniel, you don't need to be of 'use' to me for me to want to hang out with you. That's not what friends are about, and I'd like to think we are good friends. Keep that in mind when you're making friends, okay? I'm sure you'll have a lot more in the future. Don't become friends with someone who just wants to use you or your abilities. A true friend will just like hanging out with you."

Her smile grew and she went over to her stand of movies next to her TV.

"So, have you ever watched a movie before? I'm sorry if that's a completely stupid question, but I'd rather be safe and not assume."
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Daniel thought for a moment, his hands finally still, though still clinging to the bag’s strap. He hadn’t spent much time taking in the sights around him, but he had done a considerable amount of reading. Much of it highly eclectic in nature. He did manage to recognize the word though.

“Ah, well that makes sense. Moving pictures, becomes movies. Heh. Oh, to answer your question, yes, I suppose I have. The last one I seem to recall is something called Captain Blood. The lead role was a young man named Errol Flynn. Wasn’t bad actually. Don’t think many today would know of it.”

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:54 pm

{{Got my new laptop stand in! XD I ordered it through work, and the secretary ordered it yesterday. It came in today and free shipping since it's a business!! eek biggrin }}

Jessi, still bent over looking at the movies, turned her head to look at Daniel for a moment. "Captain Blood? No... can't say I've ever heard of that movie, but of course I've heard of Errol Flynn! Amazing actor..."

Jessi went back to looking at her movies and then smirked when she saw one Daniel might like.

"Daniel, do you know of the historic event Battle of Thermopylae? The main players were Spartans and Persians."
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Daniel had a thoughtful look on his face for a moment, and then gave his head a quick shake.

”Can’t say that I am familiar with that event at the moment. As ironic as it is, I haven’t exactly read much on just solid history.”

Daniel almost looked as if this fact embarrassed him, though only slightly.

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Jessi's eyebrows raised slightly. "You haven't? Huh... Well you know, maybe the two of us need to brush up on it so that we know where to go next."

She chuckled so that Daniel knew she was joking about going time traveling again. She loved it, but she was leery about having Daniel do it again. He nearly died the last time...

"Well, do you like watching a lot of action or hearing about war stories?"
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Daniel looked askance at the stranger than usual laugh from Jessi. In response to her question he gave a shrug of his shoulders.

“Don’t know really. It’s a bit strange. I know a lot of random things, I can remember a twenty year chunk of my life, and yet I don’t really know much about me. Assuming there is much. I mean, I know I like pudding. That was pretty good. I tend to juggle to distract myself or when I don’t want to think for a bit. Other than that, what you know is what I know.”

Daniel forced a smile onto his face, hoping that Jessi couldn’t see through the last small fib.

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Jessi smiled a little bit about the pudding comment. It was a good thing she had pudding cups in her fridge. She liked the chocolate and vanilla swirl the best.

After Daniel finished talking, Jessi slightly shook her head and grabbed the movie '300'. "Well, I guess we might as well start experimenting by watching different movies to see what you like. I LOVE this movie!!"

She popped the DVD open, turned the TV and DVD player on, put the movie in her DVD player, and then put the case on top of the TV. Then, she turned to look at Daniel with a small smile.

"Well, it's kind of a tradition to have popcorn while watching movies. I know you don't eat, but do you want to try some, anyway? I also have pudding cups!"
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games