Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Kento

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:48 am
Entropic_Angel
King Kento
Entropic_Angel
hmm the BL look honestly i have to say for the most part i hate it, the writers i find to be quite substandard for the most part and yes while the stories do add to the background of 40K they are just dull and badly written for the most part

Well, what ones have you read, and why do they make you feel that way?

ok william King's slayer series which left me cold, Some of Gaunts ghosts and various others (can't remember who off the top of my head) and i just didn't like any of the styles-sorry and all i don't mind people liking BL products- they make me feel that way because the characters are usually shallow, the writing style clunky and just not that...good more like fan fiction then proper writing

Perhaps you should look into the horus heresy books, or the soul drinker books. I found both of those had good character developement and depth. One of the reasons why I hate Jonathan Green.

I dont think Green even reads the codexes or fluff before he starts writing.

But anyways, I definately recomend the Horus heresy books, I enjoyed the dialogue, and the story over all was more than just the telling of so and so battle over so and so planet.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:51 pm
I hope the next oen comes out soon, but im waiting mainly for the new Gaunt book, which comes out here in the US in October i believe...hehe ill just get it shipped from the uk by my cousin!  

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

x.Shino.x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:45 pm
Can anyone recommend any good books involving conflicts with tyranids or something please?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:11 pm
Warriors of Ultramar.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:03 pm
Im mad at them since Insugnum Astarties id out of print  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:26 pm
Lt. Brookman
Warriors of Ultramar.

Thanks ill check it out, any others or is that it?
Update: Nevermind, found the Tyranid section on black library..  

x.Shino.x

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:48 pm
The Last Chancers has a few fights with the 'Nids in it...

As for the Insignium Astartes...i have a mint copy of it for sale...care to buy it?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:44 pm
Black Library has some good books i am now reading Ravenor by Dan Abneet im waiting for another book "What Price Victory" Both are out of print but i found Ravenor at a book store and WPV online.  

High Chaplain Joshua

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:45 pm
I have What Price Victory, also for sale.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:01 pm
C.S Groto the guy who wrote dawn of wra writes relly go stoires  

Dawn of Wars

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:46 am
dawnofwars
C.S Groto the guy who wrote dawn of wra writes relly go stoires

Please use more care with the structure and spelling of your posts, it gives me a headache. Personally I've read better crap then that of Goto, he hasn't got the slightest idea of how 40k really is. To him Eldar are elves in space...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:16 pm
Does anyone know when the new Grey Knights novel by Ben Counter is coming out? Ive already read the first one and im starting to read Dark Adeptus and I was hoping to get the new one after im done reading the one I have now.  

x.Shino.x

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:27 am
No new GK novels have been announced as far as I know, it might be best to check on the BL site for updates on that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:47 am
Ha! Today I buy the liber necris and new horus heresy book! Ha! haha! hahahahahhaha!!!! twisted blaugh rofl dramallama mrgreen  

lord krok

x.Shino.x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:49 pm
Lt. Brookman
No new GK novels have been announced as far as I know, it might be best to check on the BL site for updates on that.

That sucks, I guess ill have to hope they have warriors of ultramar at barnes and noble by the time I finish Dark Adeptus.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games