Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T.O.A.O.N.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:40 pm
My orchestra director freaks out when she tries to tell us to fix something in our music and all of us start playing that particular part at once. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:22 pm
When we got our new teacher, there was a wall of baby magazine pictures, so evertime you looked over there, there were hundreds of babies looking at you. OUr New band teacher hated it, so one day he took them all down...but the next day they were all back up! We had come in after school and put them all back up, it was hilarious! blaugh

If you didnt have a giant wall of baby pictures up in your band wall, then make one. Just put a few up there everyday, and eventually they will look at it and go "WTF?!"...it really is quite funny. Thats what we did to our old band teacher, hence the wall of babies....  

Terubozuz

5,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

phenix51

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:10 am
wel use to play who's line iunstead of playing but that was in junior high...
0_o

one thing is we are about to play a classical peice or something and then we just break out into a song we play for the football games... its funn...
gets him a little mad though...^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:48 pm
we like to steal his baton and the tuner so only he looks for it tell he calls cuton(a drummer) up and makes him give it up  

scizor800

.Savage_Kitten.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:29 pm
Randomly state to a male BD who gels his hair that "You should wear your hair down." The reaction was hilarious!

Stuff two balloons up your shirt during band. wink

AND, in your pants.

EDIT: Make sure balloons aren't written on with marker.

3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:08 pm
Oh! I got one!

When you have a solo in a song, you play another solo, or another song during that time. Happened when we played Easy Cooking, and some kid just played the Teen Titans theme song on his sax. xD  

Lelve

.Savage_Kitten.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:50 pm
Switch instruments with a friend during sight-reading. Also, switch seats so the director doesn't notice right away. Make sure you don't know how to play the other instrument. Play obnoxiously loud and, of course, wrongly. He'll notice after a while.
Then, when you have to switch your instrument back (if he doesn't totally kick you out) play something jazzy at the end of a really 'serious'ish song.
^.^
I did the jazzy part, but not the switching-instruments part. xD
I played "In the Mood." My band director yelled at me, but then said I did good after rehearsal. Teehee. xD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:36 pm
start the song normally... then start singing your part. The whole band has to do it though. This will be your director's face: gonk

We did this for marching band during our fight song. Not only did our lovely director flip out, the cheerleaders who danced to the song didn't know what to do with themselves. rofl  

Pure_Only Rose

angel__tear

Melodious Giver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:59 pm

being bored apparently gets mine furious. it isn't our fault though, is it? =P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:05 pm
froggyfluf
call him up at 3 in the morning to say hi.
One of my DMs does that.  

Eineku

Blessed Paladin

3,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

The Godmother

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:46 pm
I don't know if someone's already said these, and if they have, oh well.

-Start humming obnoxiously loud while s/he is explaining one difficult part.
-Turn around and chat with the people sitting at the stand behind you while you are in a long rest.
-Lean on your stand and stare at her/him.
-Knock your music off the stand. While you're playing a solo.
-Watch the trash can across the room, then jump up and throw a paper wad into it. Then sit down like nothing happened.
-Talk across the band to one of your friends while he's explaining something. In Spanish.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:44 pm
If your bd has a unibrow like mine..... put a sign on his back that says "WAX ME" instead of wash me.....  

Xirucem

The Godmother

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:58 pm
I came up with another one. Again, if someone's already said this, oh well. Play with your case in your lap, and every time s/he stops you, start to put up. When s/he wants you to play again, groan and slowly put your instrument back together. Do this repeatedly. It works well if multiple people do it. Then you don't get all the heat.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:18 pm

Lean into your band director and act passionately. Talk about "Last Night". Say he did wonderful. Make sure people hear.

.Savage_Kitten.

I Got A Brace Face

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:16 pm
Melt
FrenchHorn_Gal
act really confused about the key signature, even if it's 4 4.
and my personal favorite drop your mute at a crucual point in the music.

That happned in a concert one time. The first clarinet began to play this little solo it had for like 2 measures (he was the only one playing) and osmeone dropped their mute as he started. You can hear it on the recording and everything.
During festival last year, my sister accidentaly knocked over her open water bottle off the stage.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games