Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insertmulesnamehereplease

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:56 am
biggrin I enjoy most varieties of green tea, though I tend to buy simple green tea leaves and dry and add any other flavours i'd like with it, lavender, etc.

Chai tea is another favourite, and I'm particularly fond of darjeeling as well smile I drink too much tea XD

EDIT: I forgot jasmine tea XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:09 pm
SIZIZIS makes the best extra spicy Chai I have ever had.  

TeaDidikai

insertmulesnamehereplease

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:18 am
TeaDidikai

eek extra spicy? -drools all over forum-  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:37 pm
~is currently enjoying a Blood Orange Black tea~  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:29 pm
TeaDidikai

lol I yelp the place, only to find out it's a pirate lair. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:51 am
Bastemhet
TeaDidikai

lol I yelp the place, only to find out it's a pirate lair. xd

pirate

The Ghost Of Waya
TeaDidikai

eek extra spicy? -drools all over forum-

It has a great kick to it.  

TeaDidikai

bones89

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:48 am
TeaDidikai

I don't think i have ever heard of that. Of course I don't really drink tea ^_^;  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:55 am
bones89
TeaDidikai

I don't think i have ever heard of that. Of course I don't really drink tea ^_^;
It's a scented black tea.

Basically, they take a middle of the road assam and then they have blood orange pieces and dried pulp mixed in to bring out a subtle citrus flavor.

If you like blood orange, you'd likely enjoy this.  

TeaDidikai

bones89

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 am
TeaDidikai
bones89
TeaDidikai

It's a scented black tea.

Basically, they take a middle of the road assam and then they have blood orange pieces and dried pulp mixed in to bring out a subtle citrus flavor.

If you like blood orange, you'd likely enjoy this.

It sounds tasty. I'll have to try it sometime ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:08 am
bones89

It sounds tasty. I'll have to try it sometime ^_^
Since I am going to be doing Tasseomancy at the local tea house, I thought I would try some ones outside of my favorites so I can make recommendations.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:30 am
Nom, blood orange tea is very nice. My nan drinks it alot!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:38 am
patch99329
Nom, blood orange tea is very nice. My nan drinks it alot!
So far I have found three teas they serve here that I would be comfortable reading.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:07 pm
The flyer I put together for the shop I am working at:

Quote:
Tasseomancy,
The Art Of Reading Tea Leaves
Presented by SIZIZIS

Also called tasseography or sometimes tassology, is the art and science of interpreting meanings from sediment of one’s drink. Though most commonly associated with the reading leaves, the practice has been applied to coffee grounds or even alcohol lees over the ages, and there is no clear point of origin for the tradition. Greece, parts of Asia and the Middle East all had ancient schools that interpreted the meanings of symbols or placement of leaves within cups.

Different Kinds of Tasseomancy

There are essentially two forms of divination by tea:
Fortune Telling Cups are usually found in one of thee different styles, Astrological, Playing Card and Symbol Cups. Leaves fall within lines or over symbols printed in the cup itself. These symbols have set meanings that are then interpreted.

The interpretation of images made by the leaves themselves is not universal. Numerous traditions have very specific meanings ascribed to symbols and differ greatly based on the school itself, though modern Tasseomancy has seen more intuitive readers who provide personal interpretations. The relation of the symbols to each other and their placement within the cup determine their significance.

~ What to Expect From A Reading~

While reading styles differ, there are two basic kinds of reading:

The Entertainment Reading- has always been popular, but it flourished in the Victorian Era due to Romanticism, New Thought and Spiritualist Movements.
In these readings, the reader seeks to entertain and to mystify. “Cold Reading” picks up on clues that the reader uses to direct the reading in order to further impress you.

The Insightful Reading- is there to provide advice, more than to impress you with fortune telling. However it works, the goal is to examine through intuition different symbols, and then apply them in context to help the person who is looking for answers.
You can expect a dialogue, as the results of the reading are given context.

Tea Leaves, Mysticism and Karma

There are those who suggest that the images are symbols that bridge the conscious and unconscious mind, that the practice is purely psychological. There are those who suggest that the Divine, The Universe or Synchronicity imparts knowledge through divination.

Ultimately, the source is held to be irrelevant compared to how useful the message is. Thus, it is this Readers intention to be less about mysticism for the sake of Entertainment, and more about providing a thoughtful and useful experience.

A donation is requested of $10 per reading and additional tips are welcome. Additional Services, including other forms of divination and Candle Setting, are available upon request. Such donations allow for an exchange of energy, a give and take, an ebb and flow and are healthier than exchanges being one sided.

It is asked that participants be respectful of this wonderful space.

[TeaDidikai] is available at SIZIZIS on Tuesdays for Tea Leaf Readings
or by Appointment by contacting her at 555.555.5555

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:38 pm
I tried the Blood Orange tea today, and it was delicious. crying Personally I liked the smell of the leaves before I even brewed it. SO yummy! heart

I'm sure you tired of this but I blame TeaDidikai for this!! And I say this with affection <3  

bones89

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:05 pm
Black orange spice, chamomile honey, and rose tea are great choices.

Ooh, I've always wanted to learn how to read tea leaves.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff