Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

craven_raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:16 am
Lt. Brookman
craven_raven
Lt. Brookman
craven_raven
Anybody hear about Graham Mcneill being sacked from GW ?

Source?

I find this very unlikely as he is next to a BL writer a key member of the GW design team, so a source to back this up would be very nice.

A GW store employee.

Haha, some source, sorry but that's unreliable. GW employees spout things all the time and mostly it's false.

No he is a good source. I think it's something to do with a fall out between Mcneill and some people in BL. Where else will you hear about it though ? It's not like BL will announce it  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:55 am
It isnt a odd claim but the employee claims to have been there when Graham was sacked.  

craven_raven

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:42 am
craven_raven
It isnt a odd claim but the employee claims to have been there when Graham was sacked.

And I've shook hands with Andy just before he decided to leave due to the Squat question. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:00 am
After some digging on Warseer.com I've found a thread that seems to give reason for McNeill's departure.

To quote from the forums:

Quote:
According to the story he came over to USA and was highly disturbed by the business practices of GW that he witnessed. The story further states that he went back to the world HQ and told them that GW is not the same company that it used to be and jumped ship.

This has been confirmed by higher ups of GW, a more reliable source then a red shirt.

Though he could still be writing novels on a freelance basis, as most writers do for BL these days.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

craven_raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:02 am
Lt. Brookman
After some digging on Warseer.com I've found a thread that seems to give reason for McNeill's departure.

To quote from the forums:

Quote:
According to the story he came over to USA and was highly disturbed by the business practices of GW that he witnessed. The story further states that he went back to the world HQ and told them that GW is not the same company that it used to be and jumped ship.

This has been confirmed by higher ups of GW, a more reliable source then a red shirt.

Though he could still be writing novels on a freelance basis, as most writers do for BL these days.

Yeah that sounds more likely. I'm not suprised he wasn't happy with GW's business practices.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:31 pm
true. it sucks he left BL though, but i hope to still see his stuff published by them.  

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Arekuni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:33 pm
Lt. Brookman
NinjaSeal
oh dear...

At least it's not CS Goto

Gah that would be horrible.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:18 am
Look, nothing is definite until GW confirms it and they will, in six or so months. Even if McNeill decides to jump ship it doesn't mean that he will stop writing for BL, he'll still work there as a freelancer, as with most other (bad) writers, such as Lucien Soulban and CS Goto.

I'll pay cold hard cash for the one who can give the addresses of these two, as they need a proper bearing set on how to write.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Entropic_Angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:27 pm
King Kento
Entropic_Angel
hmm the BL look honestly i have to say for the most part i hate it, the writers i find to be quite substandard for the most part and yes while the stories do add to the background of 40K they are just dull and badly written for the most part

Well, what ones have you read, and why do they make you feel that way?

ok william King's slayer series which left me cold, Some of Gaunts ghosts and various others (can't remember who off the top of my head) and i just didn't like any of the styles-sorry and all i don't mind people liking BL products- they make me feel that way because the characters are usually shallow, the writing style clunky and just not that...good more like fan fiction then proper writing  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:48 pm
Opinions differ, but seeing as you don't hassle people for what they read, it's okay.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Entropic_Angel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:22 pm
Reading is reading-its all just a matter of personal taste  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:05 pm
Indeed it is.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:40 pm
CS Goto....i think they show were he lives in the books, i think you could narrow it down from there with a phone book or two.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:18 am
Eh, pity that vacations are so short these days, still got one week left and three novels to go through. Still got Daemonslayer, False Gods and Rogue Star left. I wonder how the rogue trader book will read.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:47 pm
False Gods was excellent.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games