Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Welcome aboard.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:24 pm
Why thank you, kind miss. ;D  

Tochtli

Freaksrus

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:40 am
Welcome Everyone!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:12 pm
Hey everyone!

My name is GIRAFFIE. That is what you may call me...no, not 'Raffie' or 'Gir'. It's giraffie. 3nodding I am looking to improve my face drawings. My favorite mediums are pastels and acrylic paints...hmm...oh, and I canNOT do pixelart. So if anyone feels like trying to teach a total beginner, I am a a worthy and available 'guinea pig', so to speak.  

giraffie

Votre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:02 pm
Good day! I'm A.r.t.i.s.t.e.! But that can be annoying to type out, so Art or Artie is fine too. ^^ I've been drawing for as long I can remember, but I've only been seriously improving for about 2 and a years. My style is not anime, although I am capable of it.

I'm in my last year of high school, and I'm hoping to get into Sheridan's animation program. I feel I am decently strong in proportions, digital painting, and keeping my characters consistent, but I am sadly lacking in the animal-drawing category, as well as original-looking character design. I could do with a bit more knowledge in more dramatic posing as well.

Anywho, I have a DA (it's my website thingagum) and I've been trying to build my website for an official portfolio, but alas, I am lazy and easily distracted. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:06 pm
Lazy and distracted. I hear that lol. Welcome!  

Freaksrus

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250

Ruw-chan

7,725 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:27 am
Hi, just introducing myself to the guild mates.
I'm Ruw and I love illustrating. I live in Arizona and currently going to a local community college for now. On my spare time I also love playing mmorpg's.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:33 am
Hello hello PC~ here ^^

i joined like 2 weeks ago or something but i really didn't have much time to come online cuz the school coming up and so on so yeah now i'm here in my boarding school (that's the main reson i couldn't come on) and i'll be on mostly on weekends (if i'll have time) (and yes i actually do have a life XDDD)

well .. hello to all of you and i home i can learn something ^^

(it kinda stoped when i can't get the wacom tablet or whatever for my photoshop *kills herself*)  

[p]oisonous~ [c]hild~

Symptoms Of Romeo

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:18 am
Hi my name is Raddeh but you can call me Rad. I'm in my third and final year at Univ with a Major in Sociology and a Minor in International Relations. Drawing is a hobby of mine, I do alot of fanart.

You can check out my pics at www.punk-101.deviantart.com heart

Btw, please excuse my major lame char.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:32 am
Glad to have you guys aboard. Things slow down a bit as everyone adjusts for school, but bear with us.

Welcome aboard.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Votre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:11 pm
Thanks for laying down the welcome mat, Freak and Errol. ^^ Now, if only I weren't too lazy to make a thread here... rofl Lol, I'll make one this weekend or something. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:56 pm
Meh. Take your time for now. Mentees are always here, but mentors do get taken up pretty fast. Fortunately, people change hands all the time. We can all help each other.

Alright people, there is a lot of fresh meat here. A major project we have is redoing the mentor/mentee lists to be more efficient and effective. If anyone one has a suggestion or three, please suggest that or anything else in the proper sticky. Thanks.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Amun De Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:14 pm
mmm well, Call me Amun. i joined like yesterday and have been exploring and getting used to the site. I love to play Video games (RPGs) and watch anime. I play FFXI on garuda most of my time.

I like to draw mostly Anime style fantasy. Been drawing since i was 9 but back then i used to trace. i'v since then moved onto my own characters. if anyone wants to take a peek http://lord-amun.deviantart.com/ (not much but it gives an idea)

I'm 20 currently at a crappy college (doesn't have any japanese classes or many art classes), currently looking to Computer Animation hoping to move into japan and somehow work my way into the game industry.

all in all, always hoping to make a friend or two and improve my art.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:14 pm
Amun De Chaos
mmm well, Call me Amun. i joined like yesterday and have been exploring and getting used to the site. I love to play Video games (RPGs) and watch anime. I play FFXI on garuda most of my time.

I like to draw mostly Anime style fantasy. Been drawing since i was 9 but back then i used to trace. i'v since then moved onto my own characters. if anyone wants to take a peek http://lord-amun.deviantart.com/ (not much but it gives an idea)

I'm 20 currently at a crappy college (doesn't have any japanese classes or many art classes), currently looking to Computer Animation hoping to move into japan and somehow work my way into the game industry.

all in all, always hoping to make a friend or two and improve my art.
Glad to have you. You and I should have a nice chat sometime about the realities of the game industry, Japan, and well, what you should be doing if you expect to get there.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

golden dandy lions

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:00 pm
Hullo!. I'm Nat!. 20. I started dabbling in art at around 13/14, but stopped due to various reasons at 16. HS, frustration over style, etc. Normal perils of an artist, though I wasn't man enough to knuckle down and just keep working on it.

I got re-inspired to draw around May this year and had to relearn every single thing I knew about drawing. That was even more frustrating than being annoyed over style and mediocre ability when I was a 'teen xD. But I persisted and here I am today 8U!.

I kinda now regret quitting. I can admit now that most of the frustration came from comparing myself to others and seeing how good they were. I've learnt my lesson, and in doing so, rediscovered that 'oh hay, i really do like this drawing thing' and now I only want to get better. That's my story. Inspiring isn't it :'D.

I don't see myself using my skills as an artist in an industry yet. But then again, I have absolutely no idea what I want a career in (no university for Nat) and only really want to travel the world for a few more years |D.

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games