Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:34 pm
spaceprincess18
I'm perfectly aware of what the crusades really were, just as I am aware that there were actually very few people actually prosecuted in Salem (persecuted may be another story, but I wasn't there.) I was just tossing out the idea that the numbers of the two may be confused, it wouldn't be the first time in history a religious group altered definitions to fit their purpose.

No, the only thing they are confused about is who was killed in the Salem Witch Trials and how. Some authors like to lie and say that the Ebil Xtians say that there were hundreds of witches burned at the stake when history says that no one was burned and surely, none of them were witches. Being that it was a Puritan community. Although, I am not sure who the authors are that some people claim to have written that. I would not think that Ravenwolf would be that fluffy as to make such a claim, but then again, out of all the real Wiccans that have ever met her, thier comment is usually just, "Interesting", and then they change the subject.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:12 pm
deadmanjake
spaceprincess18
I'm perfectly aware of what the crusades really were, just as I am aware that there were actually very few people actually prosecuted in Salem (persecuted may be another story, but I wasn't there.) I was just tossing out the idea that the numbers of the two may be confused, it wouldn't be the first time in history a religious group altered definitions to fit their purpose.

No, the only thing they are confused about is who was killed in the Salem Witch Trials and how. Some authors like to lie and say that the Ebil Xtians say that there were hundreds of witches burned at the stake when history says that no one was burned and surely, none of them were witches. Being that it was a Puritan community. Although, I am not sure who the authors are that some people claim to have written that. I would not think that Ravenwolf would be that fluffy as to make such a claim, but then again, out of all the real Wiccans that have ever met her, thier comment is usually just, "Interesting", and then they change the subject.

Honestly, and please don't flame me for this, I read Ravenwolf. I read it because I agree with a lot of her philosophies on conduct, and I find that aside from some glaringly obvious misinterpretations and overbearing deviations, her information is not as wholly incorrect as some would make it seem. Is she fluffy? Yes, I wont deny it, but I think people are making her out to be far worse than she is.
On that note, no. She is not a perpetuator of "the burning times" that I have seen.  

spaceprincess18

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:32 pm
spaceprincess18
deadmanjake
spaceprincess18

Honestly, and please don't flame me for this, I read Ravenwolf. I read it because I agree with a lot of her philosophies on conduct, and I find that aside from some glaringly obvious misinterpretations and overbearing deviations, her information is not as wholly incorrect as some would make it seem. Is she fluffy? Yes, I wont deny it, but I think people are making her out to be far worse than she is.
On that note, no. She is not a perpetuator of "the burning times" that I have seen.

To take this offtopic, can I ask what you mean by her philosophy of conduct, and why you like it?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:40 pm
Nuri
spaceprincess18
deadmanjake
spaceprincess18

To take this offtopic, can I ask what you mean by her philosophy of conduct, and why you like it?

Basically her interpretation of harm none. She interprets it to include yourself as well. I like that in all of the mumbled interpretations of harm none, some have not forgotten that a person must care for themself most of all. No drug abuse, no self mutilation, no starvation for the sake of others. It may seem selfish to some, but it makes sense to me, how can you work for the benefit of others if you don't care for yourself first?
Perhaps this makes me a fluffy, but I also like that she doesn't advocate secrecy. I don't think understand and tolerance can be achieved when your answers to inquiries are "I'm not supposed to say." That's about the gist of it. The stuff I don't agree with I just ignore.
I can honestly say that you're right in saying that her view of Wicca is for the most part wrong, heck, she's even off by eclectic Wiccan standards. But I like the honesty and open attitude.  

spaceprincess18

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:34 pm
spaceprincess18
Nuri
spaceprincess18
deadmanjake
spaceprincess18

Basically her interpretation of harm none. She interprets it to include yourself as well. I like that in all of the mumbled interpretations of harm none, some have not forgotten that a person must care for themself most of all. No drug abuse, no self mutilation, no starvation for the sake of others. It may seem selfish to some, but it makes sense to me, how can you work for the benefit of others if you don't care for yourself first?
Perhaps this makes me a fluffy, but I also like that she doesn't advocate secrecy. I don't think understand and tolerance can be achieved when your answers to inquiries are "I'm not supposed to say." That's about the gist of it. The stuff I don't agree with I just ignore.
I can honestly say that you're right in saying that her view of Wicca is for the most part wrong, heck, she's even off by eclectic Wiccan standards. But I like the honesty and open attitude.

I'm gonna take this to PM, so I don't drag this offtopic even more.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:09 pm
Nuri
spaceprincess18
Nuri
spaceprincess18
deadmanjake
spaceprincess18

I'm gonna take this to PM, so I don't drag this offtopic even more.

This was on topic?

Anyways:

I can do trance mediumship and if you pay 5000$ you can learn it to.

I am all for making money to teach people how to do certain things, but I have met the people that say that, and if they know what they are doing, they have me fooled.  

jaden kendam

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:56 am
deadmanjake
I can do trance mediumship and if you pay 5000$ you can learn it to.
Celtic Shaman courses! Only E600 a go! Focuses on dreamwork and drum circles.

I've gotta find that website again. This was someone in Dublin advertising years ago. He advocated dream therapy and journeying. The price was astronomical.

And "Celtic Shaman." *twitch twitch*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:39 am
BlueRoseTorn
Henry Dorsett Case

rofl

Can't remember ...*tries to breathe*...the last time...( rofl )...I've laughed this hard! HOOO! *clutches sides*

And the burning times picture! HA HA HA! rofl

*ahem* Whoooo...

(I now have something to actually contribute.)

An ex-friend: "Yesterday, I made up my Wiccan name!"
Me: "I didn't know you were Wiccan...*my fluff-meter is going off the radar all ready*"
Ex-friend: "I'm not."
Me: "So...what's with this 'Wiccan Name' business?"
Ex-friend: "Well, my friend and I decided to make Wiccan names, because we're going to Borders to get some books on Wicca tomorrow, and once we read those, we're going to get our Wiccan names tattooed on us!"

eek *head/desk* owww.....
Here's one: "I'm going to make my teacher sick 'cause he put me in detention." (my friend actually did this...... the teacher was absent for a week after so he thought it worked.) stare  

x-Kemetic Phoenix-x

Brainy Entrepreneur

9,850 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:39 pm
The druids from DnD are a good representation of what they were really like.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:24 pm
deadmanjake

Second edition or third? xd  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:51 pm
Kuroiban
deadmanjake

Second edition or third? xd
first mo fo. That's how the real pagans roll.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:31 am
I got possessed by "The King in Yellow"  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:16 pm
reagun ban

Who or what is the King in Yello?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:16 pm
deadmanjake
reagun ban

If I'm recalling correctly, a very powerful figure in Lovecraft. A friend of mine dressed up as him, once.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:20 pm
deadmanjake
reagun ban

Sure it's not the king in Jello? That'd be way cooler. whee  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games