Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:10 pm
TeaDidikai
Rajani Kali? It seems like the explanation is that Pagan = Polytheistic and that is why the other two traditions are excluded. Is this a correct understanding of the point behind the post?

I've always discluded (sorry, new word...) them from the pagan umbrella because they are major, world religions. There are some traditions within the religions that are more folk based that give them a more "pagan" feel, but generally they don't really fall under the classical view of what makes a (Western) pagan religion. The same goes for religions like Taoism and (though I'm less certain here) Shinto. But East Asian religions have always seemed to me to have a very different idea of what constitutes a religion than Abrahamic or Western religions. I can't quite put my finger on it at the moment.
So basically, no, I'm not saying that pagan = polytheistic, as there are many other things that make a pagan religion what it is. But I'm not aware of any monotheistic religions that are considered pagan (though I could be wrong here), which was part of why I was saying that others don't consider Hinduism or Buddhism pagan... "part of" being key here.

Sorry if I'm not making a ton of sense, it's 5 AM here, but I wanted to get this down before I forgot what I was going to say!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 pm
Rajani Kali
I've always discluded (sorry, new word...) them from the pagan umbrella because they are major, world religions. There are some traditions within the religions that are more folk based that give them a more "pagan" feel, but generally they don't really fall under the classical view of what makes a (Western) pagan religion. The same goes for religions like Taoism and (though I'm less certain here) Shinto. But East Asian religions have always seemed to me to have a very different idea of what constitutes a religion than Abrahamic or Western religions. I can't quite put my finger on it at the moment.
So basically, no, I'm not saying that pagan = polytheistic, as there are many other things that make a pagan religion what it is. But I'm not aware of any monotheistic religions that are considered pagan (though I could be wrong here), which was part of why I was saying that others don't consider Hinduism or Buddhism pagan... "part of" being key here.

Sorry if I'm not making a ton of sense, it's 5 AM here, but I wanted to get this down before I forgot what I was going to say!
I think we need to discuss this further- so I'm going to make a new topic.  

TeaDidikai

Maxwell_Pink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:45 pm
TeaDidikai
That being the case- not Wica, not well researched and perpetuated by an oathbreaker and a racist.

I can understand the not well researched part (hence the slight hint of Theodish belief), and possibly the racism if it's what I think it is, but the oathbreaking?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:41 pm
Maxwell_Pink
TeaDidikai
That being the case- not Wica, not well researched and perpetuated by an oathbreaker and a racist.

I can understand the not well researched part (hence the slight hint of Theodish belief), and possibly the racism if it's what I think it is, but the oathbreaking?
There are elements of Buckland's works that violate the Ardanes.  

TeaDidikai

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:16 pm
I joined this guild a while ago, but I don't remember if I posted here. sweatdrop

I'm basically here out of curiosity; I want to learn as much as I can about. . . well, everything I can. Sorry, I know that's kind of vague, but I really do love learning in and of itself, so the more I learn, the happier I am! whee

Oh, and I think Tea, Nuri, and the rest of you are so awesome. You are founts of knowledge and I beg to be allowed to partake. ::admires form afar:: whee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:01 am
I'm a 24 year old MtF transsexual agnostic Etherist (there'll be a thread in pathways describing it) and I came here to run my belief system through the meat grinder of questions and inquiry as an attempt to keep my spiritual evolution moving at a nice clip. ^^

I know a good bit about Catholic Christianity as that had been my area for a good chunk of my life, and amusingly enough, it played absolutely no role in my new beliefs to my knowledge.

As for pagan stuff well, I know only bits and pieces here and there.  

PoeticVengeance

imadelilith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:14 am
TeaDidikai
Maxwell_Pink
TeaDidikai

There are elements of Buckland's works that violate the Ardanes.
huh, there are lots of books that violate the Ordains * learned the word differently, i suppose*, buckland's being some, but i'd say the farrars are bad about that as well... but i've read the witches' bible compleat and the witche's goddess and god. i liked all but the witches' god. i thought it sexist against men and i feel wicca is about the balance of femenine and masculine in nature. but the witches' goddess? ugh, to die for... they break the ordains but i feel more comfortable in my path because of them. not to mention, no two trads are the same, if that is the path you seek is trad. i personally left that behind me in cali, but initiation into mysteries aren't always so occult seeming. i feel like i've lost my train of thought... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:26 pm
Hello. I am an eclectic Pagan who loves to write. I don't really know what else to say. Um, any questions?  

Kheperu

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:54 pm
Kheperu
Hello. I am an eclectic Pagan who loves to write. I don't really know what else to say. Um, any questions?
What is the meaning of life? And will you make a Pathways thread?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Kheperu

The meaning of life is 42 according to a fictional book. The meaning of life according to me is that there is none, or we are supposed to find it out for us individually.

I might make a pathways thread, once I read the sticky. Although I might not, considering I get intimidated rather easily.  

Kheperu

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:18 pm
Kheperu
TeaDidikai
Kheperu

The meaning of life is 42 according to a fictional book. The meaning of life according to me is that there is none, or we are supposed to find it out for us individually.

I might make a pathways thread, once I read the sticky. Although I might not, considering I get intimidated rather easily.

You probably won't believe me, but I get pretty intimidated too. That's why I don't have one. :p  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:11 pm
Pish posh! Everyone's nice in Pathways... or else.

Best 2k I have ever spent on Gaia that is.

If it makes folks feel any better- I don't get intimidated so much as I get paranoid about my Pathways thread- and I've torn mine down more than once.  

TeaDidikai

FenrirAldebrand

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:40 pm
I went to summer camp this year and I met a Pagan in the TC OPS (basically like a summer camp walk-in clinic) Her name is Magick. And she was the one that told me that I had the "fluffy bunny" curse. So, when I found this guild, I thought that it would be a pretty good idea to join since I am not really aloud to practice Paganism in my house because my mom&dad thinks that Pagans worship the devil. I think that they should really get a religious lesson. Can someone help me further my Pagan lifestyle? And can someone help me to understand how to sense, and draw energy better?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:59 pm
Scarlet Angora Wolf
I went to summer camp this year and I met a Pagan in the TC OPS (basically like a summer camp walk-in clinic) Her name is Magick. And she was the one that told me that I had the "fluffy bunny" curse. So, when I found this guild, I thought that it would be a pretty good idea to join since I am not really aloud to practice Paganism in my house because my mom&dad thinks that Pagans worship the devil. I think that they should really get a religious lesson. Can someone help me further my Pagan lifestyle? And can someone help me to understand how to sense, and draw energy better?

A girl named "Magick" told you you're fluffy? Yikes.

How old are you? Just out of sheer curiosity,

Paganism isn't a religion. It's an umbrella term for lots of different faiths that are non-Abrahamic. Paganism is also not a lifestyle.

Energy work, and psychic abilities, may or may not be a part of a pagan faith. Some include them, and some don't. You may wish to leave off learning about and developing these skills until you know more about what particular paths you are interested in.

What things do you practice or believe, that you define as Pagan?  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:06 pm
Morgandria
A girl named "Magick" told you you're fluffy? Yikes.
Could be her legal name. Some pagan parents do ******** up things with their kid's names.

To be honest SAW, what about hospitality?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games