Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Events ]:
:[2017 VDay]: Happy Venus Day ORP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:12 pm
The shadows started slowly creeping to a location in the center of the room. From the puddle, emerged a figure. Dark tendrils grew from the figure as it rose. The shape lost detail and started swirling until there was a large, black hole in the center of Venus' party.

High heels clicked and the sound grew louder until a slender, dark-teal leg emerged from the dark portal, followed by the rest of the beautiful Queen of the Underworld. The tendrils licked at her skin and tried to pull her back until she stepped out of their reach. A dark fluid dripped from her spider wings and flowed to join the puddle of shadows on the floor. She put her hand on her hip and glanced around at the mortals. She didn't fail to notice Venus' pampering.

Persephone smirked, " Hello Venus"

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm
User Image User Image
Snorri's eyes narrowed as he looked from the ailing youngin's to the hostess of the party, her 'ladyship' taking no notice of the misery of the two. "Leave it to the damned land pae..." he grumbled, words dripping with hostility. Why, he oughta teach them a thing or two about what happens when anyone messes with his family. His eyes, still narrowed, began to change into a more angular shape, the irises slitting and the nearby facial scales changing in color.

They stopped as he felt his wife pull away from his arms and place her hand on his back.

"This isn't the time, dear - maybe later - there are more important things worth our worry. Let's focus on getting these two to the room, okay?" The normally bubble-headed woman's voice, while gentle, had an uncharacteristically seriousness to it. While she may had been stern earlier in her playful chastising of them, it was rare for her to speak with such an edge to her tone.

Mere moments were all it took for him to regain his composure and revert entirely back to his self. She was right; sick children took precedence over all else. Moving forward, he moved to help lift Autumn up. "Boy, help me get you up..." his voice was softer then previously, and while Autumn struggled to cooperate, he clearly wasn't doing too hot.

Looking up to the cherubs, simply staring in awe, he barked out. "Why don't you come and help us out rather than just floatin' there you worthless pixies!"

"Please?"

Responding far better to Vera's politeness than Snorri's order, a few of the cherubs started to help with getting the two out. Vera was similarly helping out Pearl, and as she did so, she asked softly. "Are you okay dear? How do you feel? Would you like me to go get your mother?"

Menelie
[Pool Edge]Vera -> Pearl

User Image
The young demi-god had been offering his share of help to those in attendence, such as wear to find the best drinks or the location of various treats or even pae who may or may not be more receptive to particular types of advances (why would they ask a teen for that sort of help, only the gods would know). He'd not paid much more mind than a passing glance at his relatives' outbursts, choosing instead to help maintain calm in the background. Not that that was easy, given the number of arrows he could see being flung this way and that.

Quite exciting for his first party!

Just as exciting was his grandmother's entrance, to which he clapped enthusiastically. It was in his nature to go off and help her, but she'd called for the graces, which he was not. A shame... He had so much he wanted to give! Why, that meant he simply had to do even more! About to move, a chubby cherub rushed over to him, informing him that one of his family had grown ill and another pair was harassing the other cherubs.

However, Daedalus could not abandon his duties for the party to assist the family, that much was certain. Still... There must have been somepae who would be willing to offer a helping hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eying a female in conversation, he lightly skipped over to tap her on the shoulder, standing on his tip-toes as he did so.

"Excuse me ma'am?"

He waited until he got her attention, his arms crossing behind his back and his head tilting, before continuing.

"I've word that there are two that have fallen ill over by the poolside," he pointed in that direction, "Yet, none have shown any compassion nor offered even a passing concern! Even in this festival of love!"

His voice had a sense of disbelief and urgency to his as he stood up straight, his eyes glancing back towards where the two were, portraying worry. He clasped his hands together and stood once more on his toes, coming to eye-level with her, as he asked.

"If it would not be too much trouble to ask this of you, could you help their relatives move them somewhere more comfortable?"

"I hear there is an infirmary not far away..."

Without waiting for an answer he dashed off, seemingly disappearing into the crowd. What would she choose to do? It would be most interesting to find out.

Kira of Flames

Strawberri Stardust

Daedalus has given Azalea (and by extension Batari) a task: to help move the ill Autumn and Pearl to their bedchambers or the infirmary!

Shall they accept?

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:27 pm
She was so shy it was killing him! What was a sweetheart like her doing in a place like this? Sure, he couldn't fault the others for being there. They lived for this kind of stuff, looked forward to it. He didn't necessarily look forward to to these parties for the rampant love making, he went for the entertainment factor. He loved being on stage, swaying so many hearts with his voice. What really placed the cherry on top of these evenings was when a pair decided to bind themselves with the commitment to marriage. When two souls made it more about the partnership in life than just the hookups. It happened so rarely though that he had to settle for second best.

A part of him felt for her. As he watched her play with her hair and have a hard time meeting his eyes he let the facade drop, “That's such a sweet name, Fluttershy. My name is Hymnaios. I'd be glad if you caledl me Hymn. though.” he decided to leave out the extra Venus' son the God of Marriage bit. He didn't need her to start trembling or run away from the pressure of talking to someone in his position. He was interested to know why she was there, and had an odd sense to protect her from the madness around her. Perhaps it had to do with his nature- the nature of marriage. It was all in the protection of purity within the marriage from outside sources. There was definitely crawling enough here that'd be glad to sink their claws into.

A grin turned up his face and joy seemed to radiate from the being at her compliment, “Thank you for saying so. I really take a lot of pride with my work. You words warm me.” He had to slowly lean in close with every word she said in order to catch them with the noise around them. “A fox you say?” he looked a bit quizzical, but a smile was still playing on his lips. He wasn't sure if she meant a real fox or if she was using a figure of speech. “I'm grateful to it then. It's a pleasure to meet you.”

It was so difficult to hear her. Her soft voice was so soothing, but felt spoiled by the noise around them. “I don't have to perform again for a moment, would you mind taking a stroll around the room with me?” he held out his arm to her with a slight bow of his head. His eyes were dancing in jest at the motion, but hope she'd find it endearing. She was a fun one to spoil with gentlemanly ways.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:28 pm
Venus needed only ask as Harmonia was all too happy to pamper her Mother. She was fortunate to experience many magical foot rubs in her life, what worked for her would surely please her Mother.

Speaking of pampering, the Deity of Harmony spotted her sister best suited to the task. Aglaia was brilliant with all things beauty but seemed to want to hide. Naturally, this concerned her but the goddess was reluctant to bring attention to one that sorely wanted to avoid it. For now she'd leave it be out of compassion not apathy.

Another approached, the only demi to respond to Venus. Offering her favorite niece a smile Harmonia offered her voice of approval, "Abby is a wonderful young lady, Pothos can be proud. You'll adore her, Mother." Not that Venus didn't love all her children and grandchildren, but if she didn't know Abby, she really should. That young lady was the best of the demis as far as she was concerned.

This was fine, if that one mortal behaved everything else would be smooth sail--and of course something would happen. At least it was Persephone and not Eris--hopefully. Surely Persephone was just returning sir-flex-alot for the duration of the party, that would make mother happy.

It was only after Persephone fully materialized that Harmonia paused the message. At that point she didn't know if she should continue or get out of Venus' way so she waited and watched.

Dementia Requiem Asumi
harmonia talking about Abby

FA Venus
Foot rub from one dutiful daughter

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

sailornorthstar

Generous Giver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:19 pm
Summer shook Xylia hand. "I guess the party was just waiting for the moment when the host to arrive to pick up." She was going to make a comment about why she liked gardens when she noticed the shadows moving towards the center of the room. "Umm I do not think this is supposed to happen." she said as she pointed to the figure that appeared from the dark tendrils.

"She does know how to make an entrance who ever she is."

StarshineAngel01
Summer to Xylia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:22 pm
User Image

Even more shadows began to spill forth from the portal, but this time almost violently. They thrashed like waves upon the ocean, puffs of dark cloudy wisps emanating from within. Tendrils lashed out, slicing the air like knives, gripping to a dark figure that pushed its way through harshly. Just as before they clung, trying to draw the figure back but this one lashed out with her arms, ripping them from her body as if their very presence was an extreme annoyance.

Purple orbs glared at the surrounding pae as the young fury took her place on one side of Persephone. Her right hand extended, sending forth a whip of barbs and pain, its loud sinister crack filling the air. After that, the only sounds from the dark and green tinted fury was the hissing of her snakes as they fought over which would be the first to sink their fangs into whatever drew close. With a grunt she flicked her hands upwards to silence the serpents though it did little good. They seemed to ignore her and instead snapped at her hands defiantly.

Stomping a foot furiously, Alecto tilted her head to the side, glanced backwards, her gaze fixed on the portal. Her leathery hooked wings spread and retracted as she reeled back in her whip, waiting....

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

FA Venus
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 pm
Venus nodded as Harmonia and Abby spoke, giving Harmonia a look at her words, “Unlike your own half mortal daughter?” She muttered this quietly, for Harmonia, but seeming like it was meant for herself. As soon as the words had spilt out from her lips a smile was returning as if nothing had happened. She turned her gaze towards the demi. Well, she hadn't called any of the grandchildren over, but who was she to complain about the extra pampering? “Oh, I didn't know he could have children. Carry on.” She patted Abby's head before removing the glass from her hands. “The drink is appreciated. As I only require my Graces and daughters, you're dismissed to enjoy the party instead. Don't forget to leave your token of love at the table, Darling.” she motioned to it.

Well, she'd pondered on about witches too much. Her eyes turned from the ones adoring her toward the commotion going on in the room. She should know better than to let her thoughts get away with her mind, they always seemed to turn up exactly what you didn't want...

A perfectly groomed eye brow began to twitch with every click of the high heels making its way into her party. Why did they always think they were invited? She just hoped that one of these years they'd come to actually give her what she was due on this very day named for her instead of making it about them. She hadn't gone to all this work to name the day after herself just for some other to take the spotlight!

She waved off her Graces and daughters so she could see the other, “Oh, Persephone.” She sounded almost bored by the entrance and didn't even bother to stand up from her throne. She'd used that icky portal trick last year, did she not have any new material? Suppose it would be the only thing she could muster being from the Underworld and all. It seemed perfectly fitting for Persephone, what with the way it tainted the beautiful marble floors with its ooze. Why ever had Adonis agreed to flit off with her, Venus would never understand. “What do I owe the pleasure?” the last bit coming out between gritted teeth turned up into a forced smile. “I do hope you brought back MY dreamy fiance. I don't know where you get off thinking you can just waltz off with him whenever you please.”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:48 pm
At the offer of a dance, Navi's face lit up. "I'd be very happy to share a dance with you." She slid her hand into his and gave it a small squeeze as she stepped towards the dance floor. Unfortunately, just as her toes touched, the tune suddenly changed and the brilliantly pink goddess made her grandest of entrances. As always, Venus was radiant and beautiful, a turner of heads, and she waited until the goddess was seated and being tended to before turning her attention back to her partner. "Shall we?" The words were hardly out of her mouth when the second goddess suddenly appeared. And then another, which caused shivers to run up her arms. And then the smaller one.
DaemonGabrielle
Navi to Tocino (omg, it didn't notify the quote >_<)

"Aye, and the fabrics and be used to carry the shiny." Andromeda dropped her voice, noticing that the bar tender was giving them even stranger looks. And that was when some serious distractions happened: Venus made her grand entrance, and then promptly demanded to be tended to. Of course, that meant the hostess wasn't tied up in conversation or activities, which would make it more difficult for anything to get pilfered.

Maybe it'd be better if they took some time to wander, plan out how they'd take things. "Shall we take a walk?" She gave Darias a mischievous look, hoping he'd be thinking what she was. With some luck, maybe they'd find a good place to store their loot to come back later to when it'd be less risky to take back.

Tartara Seabreeze
Above: Andro to Darias

Below: Serendipity saying good bye to Serenity

Heat rushed to Serendipity's cheeks when Iordanes cupped her chin, and she was sure her heart could be heard thudding against her chest. She giggled a little as he kissed her nose. "Take your time, I'll be here when you return." She watched him go with a heart filled smile, then turned to Serenity as the Grace excused herself. Venus had made an entrance, and it was QUITE the entrance, as always.

"It was very nice to make your acquaintance, Serenity." She gave a wave to the Grace as she left, then took a sip of her own drink. Thankfully Serenity hadn't taken hers, as it was partially consumed.

She nearly choked on her sip of drink in surprise as Iordanes nibbled on her ear, but thankful was able to swallow it before giving a soft laugh. "Of all the silly questions to ask: of course I missed you. I always do when you must leave." She kissed him softly on the cheek, happy that he was here now, and that he'd seek her out. That joy quickly turned into a pit when she saw another Goddess rise out from the floor, and her face fell from happy to alarmed. She remembered this one, at that murder mystery event. "Iordanes," her voice was soft, her gaze still on the dark goddess as she gently squeezed his arm to have him turn. She then looked up at him to watch his reaction, knowing he'd probably head to Venus' side. It was a shame, such a joyous moment being cut short, but she would never dare ask him to stay in such an instance. She'd run to her father's side if it were him in this situation..

Menelie
Above: Serendipity to Iordanes

Below: Azalea to Pearl

A gentle tap on the shoulder brought Azalea out of conversation, and she turned to see who was asking for her attention. She smiled at the younger teen as he showed some amazing manors. That smile turned into a frown of concern as he spoke of two others who had fallen ill. Even more concerning was his mention that no one was helping. However, before she could even respond, the teen was off and then completely gone as if an illusion all along.

Turning to Batari, she gave the angel a small smile. "Well, it'd be hard to just turn away from someone needing help. I'm going to go see what I can do for them." She hoped that Batari would help, since she wasn't sure how she'd be able to help on her own, but still she was asked to help and that's what she was going to do.

Coming into view of the pool, it was obvious who the teen had been talking about. It seemed there were two others attempting to help, but true to the message no other Pae was stopping. Her stride stopped for just a second as she noticed that these were Naiad, but then she mentally lectured herself as she broke into a run to get to them. How dare she refuse help, at a party where race clearly wasn't an issue to attend and all were welcome, because of her own petty-

"Hi, I came over to help. What can I do to lend a hand?" She felt out of shape, breathing heavily, stopping in front of the pair and the two sick. Right, compassion needed to be a thing. Besides, if it were her, wouldn't she want help and not care who it came from?

Daisicle
Azalea to Snorri, Vera, Autumn

Strawberri Stardust
Azalea to Batari (she's left for the pool)

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:29 am
Dysmas' eyes became round and alert when Sweetie suggested that something might be wrong. "Oh... Oh dear." Now he wished he had said something, he hadn't known what she was doing, he should've realized that it couldn't be anything good. Even if she was just doing it to be funny, he hadn't reacted appropriately to that either.

"Oh Sweetie, I'm so sorry..." Dysmas trailed off, becoming quiet as he tried to think about what to do, all while she continued to flex. "Here!" Dysmas took the rope off himself and put the looped end around her, hoping that it would restrain her arms enough to keep them from flexing. "I'll... Uh... Try to make it look like we're being cute while I lead you to the dance floor? Maybe some dancing and movement will help get this out of your system? Or if anything, at least it might look like you have great dance moves while we figure out another plan?"

Dysmas sighed, what was going on here.

Dementia Requiem Asumi
Remember the lasso causes someone to confess their deepest fantasy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:25 am
EvilSilverDragon

Shansa blinked in confusion when Harmonia said that she had done amazing, it took only a few seconds to realize that Harmonia had mistaken Seneca for her. Oh no, Seneca! She felt so bad for her sister, who had done a wonderful job standing up to their older siblings. Shansa tended to stick around the younger graces and it seemed that their older siblings had yet to figure out who was who of the younger graces.

When Harmonia turned to her and called Shansa her sister's name, the young grace, bit back the small twinge of bitterness, Sencea was the one who did the work, she was Shansa, she had done nothing. "I'm Shansa" She corrected. "Seneca did a wonderful job standing up to Pothos and Pheanna." She said to Harmonia, reaching out to gently squeeze Seneca's hand.

And then her mother appeared, and Venus was clearly not happy. Oh noo, Shansa had been dreading this, she had tried to keep the party going smoothly, but she had mistakenly placed her efforts on trying to keep the mortals happy and not her family. She flew off quickly when her mother called. Silently she stood next to her mother with a smile, waiting for instructions.

The young grace was about to head off with the other young graces to get Venus some desserts from the kitchen when her mother called her. "Yes of course mother." She said with a smile when Venus asked her to rub her shoulders. Quickly moving behind the goddess of love, Shansa started to gently work out the knots in her mothers shoulders, hoping it would help relax the deity.

Of course nothing could go as planned at their parties, Persephone had shown up and Mother did not seem pleased. Still the young grace continued to rub venus's shoulders, as instructed.

EvilSilverDragon
Shansa is calling Harmonia out on the name mix up.

Seruta
Shansa wants to hug her sister, but Venus calls.

FA Venus
One back rub coming up!

shadica

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:25 am
User Image
"Heck if I know," he replied with a shrug, his tail swishing behind him. Thankfully, in a place like this, there was little reason for the others to pay him much heed for his rather 'unique' look. It was a refreshing reprise from what had become of his daily life in the city, where suspicion over his features had caused a reduction in the number of traders willing to do business with him. Even if she hadn't mentioned it, he was sure Aquarious was facing similar discrimination because of her association with him.

She was much too kind to blame him, even if it would have made him feel better to be called out on it.

His whiskers twitched and he turned, an arm protectively extended to shield Aquarious from any of the mayhem that may have been occurring, as a myriad of events began to unfold: the siblings' fight, Venus' entrance, and that of Persephone and the furies. Everything was very much a whirlwind of events, and he worried on how comfortable Aquarious might be feeling as a result. Leaning closer to her, he spoke softly. "Want to head off to a bit of a quie'er spot?"

Kira of Flames
[Food Stand (right)] Thulani -> Aquarious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:32 am
User Image
It was honestly a wonderful feeling to see his date let herself go and simply enjoy the moment. Kel was so prone to worry and embarrassment that such actions were a rarity, so even small things like this felt even more precious (and exciting!).

The contrast in seeing her return back to her normal self sent a strangely exhilarating shock up his spine.

Not now.

Looking up to one of the cherubs, he handed off the lute with a smile and a request: "Would you please hold onto this for me?" Upon the chubby giving him a thumbs up, he returned the gesture and dived down into the pool after her. Although it took him a moment to find her, he was relatively quick to return to her side and place a comforting arm around the hardly-visible female. He had a boyish smile on his face and an almost teasing giddiness to his voice as he addressed her.

"You never told me you enjoyed dancing."

Menelie
[Poolside (left)] Hjortur -> Kelebek

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:01 am
Seneca was beginning to feel the cold, writhing hands of fear grip her the longer she hovered in front of Phaenna. It took literally all that she had to remain and continue holding such a strong image!

She felt as though to could completely melt once Harmonia and Shansa came to her side. It was a relief to her to know that others felt the same as she did and also to know that they wouldn't let her do this alone.

And then Mother entered... just as she feared! Hopefully the small stand-off they were all partaking in wouldn't look like anything other than a small cluster of chit-chat to her, and Seneca was greatly relieved that Mother didn't seem to notice at all!

As Harmonia decided to leave and aid mother, Seneca seemed to tilt her head in some confusion. 'Did she just call me Shansa?' "A-Actually, I-I'm--" she started in a bit of a broken whisper, however quickly exhaled in relief as Shansa corrected the older one for them.

As soon as Shansa grabbed up Seneca's hand, she squeezed it tightly witha small bit of a tremble. However, the small smile of thanks was purely evident on her face before she followed her over to Mother's side.

At the mention of sweets, Seneca quickly nodded and fluttered off! She needed an opportunity to get out of the room and tame her wildly thrashing nerves and heart before coming back. This was the perfect job for her.

Twitchapher the 3rd
Pheanna

Fea Line
Pothos - cause I still kinda imagine he's there somewhere

shadica
Shansa

EvilSilverDragon
Little sister is confused but still thankful for the backup!

FA Venus
Mother/Venus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 am
Ignatious was elated! "Oh wow! What are the odds?!"

He took a quick drink before he motioned to her. "You gotta show me some techniques!"

Wolfs Heart
Forgive the stupidly short post. >>; His muse is literally just swimming in delight and not really saying much else.... >>;

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:12 am
Xanthous was a little bit confused, to say the least...

To be just shoved over and ignored like that? Hey! He had feelings too! Oh, but that was ok! Wait... what?

He stepped back with a small bit of a bow, "But of course!" he offered then felt even more confused....? What the hell was he doing? He was supposed to be asking her about Fortissimo! Not standing back and... staring... with adoration and pride at the apparent rude Fauny!

Though his smile and pleased stare remained focused on the Fauny and her.... wow.... close to lewd acts! He couldn't look away! He had to idolize her! He had to worship her and all that she did!

'What the Hell, Xan?!?!' he asked himself!

Antidia
No need to apologize! I completely understand!! XD

Teigra
Himeros

:[ Events ]:

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games