Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:35 am
User Image

Raphael Alexander Snow

Hufflepuff First Year
Single
Pureblood

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Raph nodded. He felt incredibly stupid at the moment. He sighed quietly before trying to smile. That's what a Hufflepuff did right? They smile alot? "Alright then I'll see you then." He said before turning towards the Captain. He walked over and picked up a form to fill out. At the request for laps he looked over to see an older Hufflepuff take off around the pitch on a broom. Okay so time to put the flying he had learned from his father and uncle to the test! He quickly filled out the form...

Username: shabatha
Character's Name: Raphael Snow
House: Hufflepuff
Year: First
Advanced Flying I: no
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Chaser?

He handed it back to the captain before looking for the school brooms. There they were. He walked over and picked one up not liking their condition but swung his leg over anyway. He kicked off a bit wobbly, since he wasn't used to this kind of broom before starting forwards slowly and steadily until he got used to it before speeding up. It was still a bit difficult on the school brooms but he managed. Thank god for his uncle.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:54 am
Flyin' past the zooming balls,
Scores lighting up the goals
Everyone of us on a mission
Got a whole crew by my side
Bludgers zoom, zoom when they pass us by
Be ready to get down to business

User Image
User Image

Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Lionel

Tobi watched as everyone got situated onto the field and even allowed himself a grin as he noticed Bradley sidling over to the sidelines with his camera ready before forcing himself to focus. He couldn't think about his boyfriend at tryouts! Not when there were newbies coming in, who knows who might be trying to get his spot!? So when he noticed that one particular firstie had his own broom confiscated by Ari he felt a bit bad for the kid, he understood first hand how much it sucked to play Quidditch on a faulty school broom. But soon Heather's voice drowned out all his thoughts as she handed them the yearly forms to fill out before they were told to do laps around the field. A grin and a salute was all the older blonde got from him before taking a paper and writing out his information.
Username: Yukina101
Character's Name: Tobi Fallrein
Year: 3rd
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Currently taking
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Mean Swing
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Chaser

That filled out he placed them in the small pile before grabbing his broom and shooting into the air after the others to complete his laps.

Position: Beater
AC: 16
Modifiers: +8
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

Because the night is young
The line is out the door
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours
Live it up
Until the morning comes
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours!

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:29 am
User Image
User Image

((OOC: Leaving vacation today. Probably my last post until Thursday!))

User Image

Ariana smiled at the first year when he forced a smile onto his lips. "Yeah, definitely!" she said. Good thing he's still happy, she thought to herself. At least it didn't feel like she just ruined someone's day. Ariana was one of the first ones to complete the five laps, so when she did, she returned to wait for the others where Heather said she would give the rest of the instructions.

Armour Class: +17
Modifiers: (looking for snitch +7) (catching snitch +7)
Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch & Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Spot: 19+
Catch: 22+

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Corabell Kiremono~Hufflepuff Second Year~Half-Blood

Corabell took the application, filling it out quickly. Turning it in, she did a few stretches, then started her laps. It didn't take too long before she was waiting at the center of the pitch for further instruction.

Username: Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Character's Name: Corabell Kiremono
Year: 2
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Hold the Line, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Keeper

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
((OOC: ... ))
Hufflepuff 0 | Opponent 0
{Life 1} | {Life 2} | {Life 3}
Hufflepuff Keeper
AC =13
Player's skills = Great Catch(+2 to catch), Hold the Line(+2 to block goal), Natural Flyer(+2 to AC), One Year Experience (+1 to all)
Weather: N/A
Total Roll Modifiers: +5 to block goal
This roll after modifiers= ??

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:29 pm
User Image
User Image

When the sun shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever.
                                                    🍂 Said I'll always be a friend. Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.

Terren ran onto the field, his hair already sticking to his forehead from the muggy misty air. He was running a bit late, but hopefully he could sweet talk the Captain into giving him a chance despite his tardiness. "Wait! Don't start without me! I'm here!" he called out as he sprinted towards the center of the Pitch. The boy stopped dead in his tracks, right in front of the Captain of the team. His green eyes met her familiar teal ones as he looked up at her. "I hope I'm not too late to tryout, Captain." he said, smirking at his older sister before taking one of her forms and filling it out. With that done, he handed it back in and began to dig through the barrel of school brooms until he found one that would work for him. Setting it on the ground beside him, Terren started his stretches. Finally, he mounted the broom and took off into the sky. It was an amazing feeling, flying. He loved it already. The young Hufflepuff whizzed around the Pitch, completing his five laps in no time at all.

Username: heather030595
                                                    Character's Name: Terren Hawthorn
                                                    Year: 1st
                                                    Advanced Flying I: not yet
                                                    Advanced Flying II: not yet
                                                    Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                    Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
                                                    First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                    Second Choice Position: Keeper

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other.
                                                    You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 pm
--------------------------------------------------------User Image
User Image 

This time don't need another perfect lie. My God, amazing how we got this far. It's like we're chasing all those stars
                                                      I've been on the brink, so I'm gonna give all my secrets away

❀●•♪§ingle❀●•♪ђalf ๒lood❀●•♪§econd ұear❀●•♪

'Til all my sleeves are stained red 
                                                      From all the truth that I've said 
                                                      Come by it honestly I swear

Olyvia quickly filled out a form and handed it in before going at her stretches. When she felt properly stretched, she hopped on her new broom and shot off into the sky. A tiny giggle could be heard as she started her laps around the pitch.

Username: XxXDevil-Chan
                                                      Character's Name: Olyvia Catlin
                                                      Year: 2
                                                      Advanced Flying I: No
                                                      Advanced Flying II: No
                                                      Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                                      Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
                                                      First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                      Second Choice Position: Keeper

OOC:Position: Chaser
                                                      AC: 13
                                                      Modifiers: (+3 on steals) (+3 on catches)
                                                      Special Skills: Great Catch, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
                                                      Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                      Above AC to steal
                                                      Above other role to score
                                                      -/3

'Til all my sleeves are stained red 
                                                      From all the truth that I've said 
                                                      Come by it honestly I swear

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:52 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserSingle

Dhyl looked over at Heather when she started speaking. He slipped a pen from his pocket at the mention of their forms. He adjusted his hat, then stepped forward. He filled out the same information he had each and every year prior, editing just a bit to keep it current. After returning the form to Heather, he did all his stretches, then did speed-laps around the Pitch on his broom. Once he had finished, he landed gently in the center and awaited farther instruction.

Username: Miss GryffindorK
Character's Name: Dhylan C. Nolynn
Year: Fifth
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Four
Any Special Skill: Good Arm Dang Healthy Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Also Chaser

AC: 15
Modifiers: +5
Total Roll:
00//03
Skills: Good Arm Dang Healthy Swift Swipe
Lives: [∞] [∞] [∞] [∞]
Scores: 00//00

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:29 pm
User Image

Steele Thompson III

Hufflepuff|5th year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele picked up his broom, going to get a form to fill out. He used a quill for once. He never really did use them, but he figured he should. He started to right down the answers and when he finally finished, he took flight, flying better than he did than the previous years. No jagged movements like he used to...just smooth. He was getting used to flying around now.

Will I ever be the same?

Username: Silver Eagle III
Character's Name: Steele Thompson
Year: 5th
Advanced Flying I: no
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3.5 (I guess)
Any Special Skill: Hold the Line, Natural Flyer, Great Catch

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:49 pm
User Image
User Image

Jarlath looked at the group and filled out the form as the captain instructed. He handed the for back and took the school broom he had. Climbing on he pushed up and flew the five laps as the captain instructed. He flew towards the center of the pitch as he finished. "Okay..." he said softly, unsure what to say or do. What now? he wondered as he looked at the group.

Username: Sir Spazalots
Character's Name: Jarlath Lowery
Year: First
Advanced Flying I: Not yet
Advanced Flying II: Not yet
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None
Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold The Line

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:59 am
I wish today it will rain all day. Maybe that will kinda make the pain go away. Trying to forgive you for abandoning me. Praying but I think I'm still an angel away...
Angel away, yeah strange in a way. Maybe that is why I chase strangers away? They got their guns out aiming at me, but I become Neo when they're aiming at me...
Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends. Somehow they both seem to become one. A sea full of sharks and they all smell blood...
They start coming and I start rising. Must be surprising, I'm just amazing. I win, thrive, soar, higher, higher, higher! More fire!

User Image
User Image
Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ✪ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ✪ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ✪ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise!
To fly... Get ready for it... I came to win!

Heather read over the forms once she had them all, allowing the others to get their warmups in. Some weren't surprising. Ada, Dhyl, and Lyv wanted to try for Chaser again. Ari was obviously defending her Seeker title, as was Tobi for his Beater spot. She was mostly looking forward to seeing what the first years' wrote down. Raphael wanted to play Beater? Interesting. It wasn't a popular position for students to try for, especially a first year. And her brother wanted to go for Seeker? He did know that he had to compete with Ariana, right? That would be interesting to watch. And this Jarlath kid. He was trying for Keeper. That made three students going for that position. Hmm.

Heather slid the forms into her bag. She would keep them for her records and file them later. For now, she had tryouts to get going. The blonde quickly stretched out her arms and legs, twisting and bending in every possible way. Then she hopped on her Silver Arrow and took off into the sky. She sped around the Pitch, circling around to hover in the center of the Pitch so everyone could see her. "Gather 'round everyone! Here's the plan for tryouts. On the left half of the Pitch, will be the Keepers and Chasers. Corabell, Steele, and Jarlath, each of you will take one of the three goals to defend. Adalaide, Olyvia, and Dhylan, you three will test their abilities. Aim the Quaffles at whomever you like, just try to score. Keepers, try to stop them from scoring. Now, on the right half of the Pitch, the Beaters will have some target practice. Tobi and Raphael, you two will come with me to that side. Try to hit as many targets as possible, and don't be surprised if a few of the targets have some tricks up their sleeves. That leaves the Seekers. Ariana, Terren, the whole Pitch is fair game to you. There will be two Snitches flying around, one for each of you. When one of you catches one, you two will go at it again, but with only one Snitch. Does everyone understand what they're going to be doing? I hope you do, because we're about to get started."

Heather flew down to the ground and opened the boxes of balls she had lugged out. She released several Bludgers, two Snitches, and pulled three Quaffles from the box. Pulling her wand from her back pockets, she easily levitated the targets to float in various positions around the right half of the Pitch. With the Bludgers flying around and the Snitches zooming through the air, it was time to get started. The blonde flew back up and tossed a Quaffle to each of her Chasers. "Everybody ready? Then let's get going! Keepers, to your positions! Chasers, don't go easy on 'em! Seekers, get a move on! Beaters, let's go! And don't forget everyone. I'll be watching." With that said, Heather flew to the right half of the Pitch, swinging her bat in her right hand. She was ready to hit some iron, but she was more excited to see how these new recruits would perform.

{Note: targets for Beaters currently have an AC of 10 and are not moving.}

AC: 18
Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +8
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs:
Mᴇᴀɴ Sᴡɪɴɢ
Dᴇғᴛ Dᴏᴅɢᴇʀ
Dᴀɴɢ Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ
Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: #
Aɪᴍɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ: -----------

Everybody wanna try to box me in. Suffocating every time it locks me in. Painting their own pictures then they crop me in, but I will remain where the top begins...
'Cause I am not a word, I am not a line. I am not a girl that can ever be defined. I am not fly, I am levitation. I represent an entire generation...
I hear the criticism loud and clear. That is how I know that the time is near. So we become alive in a time of fear. And I ain't got no ******** time to spare...
Cry my eyes out for days upon days. Such a heavy burden placed upon me. But when you go hard your nay's become yay's! Yankee Stadium with Jay's and Kanye's!

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:09 pm
Flyin' past the zooming balls,
Scores lighting up the goals
Everyone of us on a mission
Got a whole crew by my side
Bludgers zoom, zoom when they pass us by
Be ready to get down to business

User Image
User Image

Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Lionel

Tobi flew towards the middle to meet the others and listen to Heather's game plan regarding the tryouts. When she mentioned the first year her turned towards him with a raised eyebrow, so another was actually trying for the position? That didn't happen much he'd heard but hey, should be a great match anyway! With a grin he flew to their position and had his bat ready for the bludgers to fly near enough so he could swing. Finding one he flew towards it and aimed towards a floating goal.

Position: Beater
Modifiers: +4
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Final Roll: 16

Because the night is young
The line is out the door
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours
Live it up
Until the morning comes
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours!

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:52 pm
User Image
User Image

When the sun shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever.
                                                    🍂 Said I'll always be a friend. Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.

Terren was glad his sister was giving him a chance. Yes, he had to go against Ariana, who was the Vice Captain and pretty much guaranteed the spot... but he could still try! When the Snitches were released, the boy tried to keep his eyes on one of them, but they were too fast. When Heather released them to play, the boy took off like a hyperactive bullet. He knew that the Snitch couldn't have gotten too far away... right? And thus, he began his search.

AC: 12
                                                    Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +2 spot +2 catch
                                                    Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs:
                                                    Sharp Eyes
                                                    Great Catch
                                                    Deft Dodger
                                                    Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤
                                                    Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: 10
                                                    Cᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ Uᴘ: #/3
                                                    Sᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ: #/2

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other.
                                                    You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella.

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:04 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty on the Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Heatherspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ooh, it'll be so nice to get back on my broom.' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide smiled as Heather called out her orders. Since she, Dhyl and Lyv were the only Chasers trying out, their spots were assured. So, it was their job to test the Keepers. She figured whichever Keeper did best would get the spot on the team... but that was contingent on the Keepers all getting the same number of shots to block, right? Or would there be math involved to determine the percentage of successful blocks? She shook her head, sighing. She was way overthinking this. She would just throw the Quaffle, one at a time, and alternate Keepers. Not in a consistent order, though, or they'd be ready. She needed to catch them off guard to prove their worth. She really hoped that Corabell and the new kid did well; she didn't want Steele on their team. Every time she was near him, he annoyed her. Which was hard to do; she was a nice person! But he always seemed to rub her the wrong way. She sighed, a ball in hand, eyeing the three potential Keepers. Careful not to telegraph who she was aiming for, she tossed the ball straight at Steele. Best to catch him off guard for at least one of the shots, and the first one to be thrown was surely the one that was the hardest to block, right?

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Position: Chaser
Modifiers: (+6 on steals) (+6 on scores)
Special Skills: Great Catch, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: 17
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Silver Eagle III

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:30 am
User Image
User Image

Jarlath flew to the goal post he was told to. He glanced at the others trying for keeper. He was more nervous now then before. They are both older and probably have more training than me. he thought sadly. "I just have to do my best." he thought.

Position: Keeper
AC: 10
Modifiers: +4 save goals
Special Skills: Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold The Line
Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ]

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Bug430 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:58 pm
User Image

Steele Thompson III

Hufflepuff|5th year|Muggle-Born|Ariana Hawthorne

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele figured Adalaide would take the shot on him. Those two haven't always been on the best of terms. Either way, if he showed her up here, it would be quite nice, but it didn't matter about that. He would try to stop this goal, and if he did, he did. If he didn't, he didn't. He would not rub it in either, but quite the opposite. He would not say a thing and go on his way. Steele was in a new state of mind. He would not result to petty banter any longer.

Will I ever be the same?

Position: Keeper
AC: 14
Modifiers: +6 to saving a goal (Great Catch, Hold the Line, 3-4 years playing)
Special Skills: Great Catch, Natural Flyer, Hold the Line
Lives: 1 2 3
Final roll: 26

Cara MiaKitty

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games