Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:04 am
User Image
User Image
❝God bless us everyone, we're a broken people living under loaded gun.
And it can't be outfought, it can't be outdone, it can't be outmatched, it can't be outrun.❞
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝God save us everyone, will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?
For the sins of our hands, the sins of our tongues, the sins of our fathers, the sins of our young.❞
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Ah...I know. I can't afford me getting hurt," he laughed loudly, smiling at her. "I guess moral support is what I will be this season," he said to her. He hadn't talked to Rem in quite sometime. Ever since that one day they had gotten into an argument. It seemed like that happened a lot between them...must be her. He had no idea what caused him to argue with her all the time. Maybe it was both of their competitive nature. Whatever it was...it was a pain. "So how many first years do you have out here?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝And when I close my eyes tonight, to symphonies of blinding light.
Like memories in cold decay, transmissions echoing away.
Far from the world of you and I, where oceans bleed into the sky.❞

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:19 am
User Image
User Image
Risin' up back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance now I'm back on my feet
Just a girl and her will to survive
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the Eye of the Lycan
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of my rival
I'm the last known survivor
I'll stake my prey in the night
And I'm watching you all
With the Eye of the Lycan

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ smiled at Jayden. "I don't think we have any firsties yet. They'll be out soon... right?" She was suddenly quite a bit nervous about this, clutching the sign up papers tight. Rem glanced back to the Pitch, seeing the small group of people gathered there. Would she even have enough to play? The short girl glanced back at Jayden, not wanting him to know how nervous she was. She wanted to prove that she was a good choice for Captain. She was still a bit miffed that Sam had gotten Captain, after she had served as Jayden's Vice Captain. Oh well. She had the badge now, didn't she? But at what cost?
Wearing
{Out of Chasing:}

AC=17
Modifiers=+7
Total Roll:
~/3
Skills: ~Natural Flier ~Great Catch ~Swift Swipe

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds till' we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop

Silver Eagle III

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:58 am
User Image

۩And I didn't want to be the first to รคұ. Everyone around here thinks you're ¢яαʐÿ.۩ 
۩And I didn't want to be the first to say you shouldn't รҭคұ, Isabella run คฬคұ.۩

Elli smiled, and looped her arm around Cameron happily. "You need to stop doubting yourself Cam." She whispered, leaning against him, and poking his side with her free hand. She glanced at Remy as she went over to talk to Jayden and then around at all the others trying out before looking back to her boyfriend. She leaned up to whisper in his ear. "Remy made me her Vice Captain.... if you were curious." She said it quietly enough that it was only for his ears, before smiling widely at him and resuming her leaning against him.

OOC: outfit in picture

۩All your heroes are your яε¢øя∂ṡ. You play 'em loud but I don't mind the иøιṡε.۩ 
۩Why ya нι∂ιиģ?Maybe you don't think you have a ¢нøι¢ε.۩

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 am
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch pitch

“Great.” David answered Jacob. He’d like to think that he was friends with the whole Quidditch team but that didn’t mean that he was. “Hey Tevye you know it, this year is going to be better for sure.” He said looking back to Iris.

David gave Iris a light nod. “Yeah, but it was still only one game though.” He said. One game to him was nothing then again he could have played in no games at all. “Don’t worry Iris based on the number so far you stand a pretty good chance.” He told her. “Now let me tell you that Cam and Tevye will be going for beater spot as well. You probably remember them for last year. But we always need reserves so you’ll definitely be on the team regardless.” David told her with a smile. Beaters were always being knocked out to make the game easier.

With: Gryffindor Quidditch team

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC:
Position(s) of interest: Chaser or Seeker
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 steal, +2 catch, +2 dodge
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:02 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron placed his arm on Elli's lower back after she looped hers around him. A sigh escaped his lips as he said, "I know." He knew he shouldn't be doubting himself, he made the immediate team last year after all. That had to give him some kind of reason for making the team again this year, didn't it? Cameron jumped a little when his girlfriend poked his side. "Hey, what was that for?" he asked jokingly, nudging Elli in the shoulder lightly. A smile grew on his face when she shared her good news with him. "Really? That's ace!" he exclaimed, glad his girlfriend made Vice Captain for the team. Although she whispered quietly, he yelled out pretty loudly which could have made the others curious as to what was so awesome.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

Format by XxXDevil-Chan

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:42 pm
User Image
User Image

The Third year strolled onto the pitch, now that there was FINALLY an open Seeker position he smiled, strolling on the picth, his Numbus 3005 over his shoulder.
                                  "Hello." Said the currently blonde Korean. His eyes looked over the group and smiled. Might as well Introduce myself. he thought.

The blonde haired boy looked at the group.
                                  "I'm Eun, Yeong Hyeon Han. Long name yeah I know. Just call me Eun." he said as he handed the captain the form. He smiled at her. His eyes looked over the group once again. Hmm Was he going to have to try hard for his position? He didn't know, he hoped not.

Third Year, Gryffindor, Metamorphimagus

Username: Sir Spazalots
Character's Name: Eun Yeong Hyeon Han
House: Gryffindor
Year: Third year
Advanced Flying I: No... Currently taking
Advanced Flying II: No... Currently taking
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Chaser  

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:30 pm
User Image
User Image

Keith walked onto the pitch, His Firebolt 2 on his shoulder. "Now to get my rightful spot on the team." he muttered as he looked at the group. His eyes gazing at the crowd. So many people I get to beat. he thought.

Username: Sir Spazalots
Character's Name: Keith Alvern
House: Gryffindor
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Keeper

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:45 pm
User Image
User Image

☀☀☀ The stubbornness I had as a child has been transmitted into perseverance. I can let go but I don't give up. I don't beat myself up about negative things ☁☁☁
☛☛☛ Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate ☚☚☚

Xavier nodded.
" Yeah, she will definitely show--- " he got cut off by the very girl they were talking about. He simple waved as greeting. He just agreed to everything. Yes. Yes. Yes. When Jacob came, he simple waved again. Hmmmm. " I'm...pretty much good with me being on the reserves again this year. I can get a chance for me to learn more, " he uttered, rubbing his arm. Well, all that's important to him is that he gets to play with the team. That's all he needed. And...he has to be tougher just in case his grandma starts....doing that to him again. He was lucky she wasn't home when he got back. Very lucky.

►►► Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness ◄◄◄
☣☣☣ You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life ☢☢☢

Mᴏᴏᴅ : Happy
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ: Though I'll be reaally really happy if I wasn't just a reserve. Well..
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Nothing as of now
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Quidditch Pitch
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Gryffindor Quidditch Team

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ: Short post. D:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 pm
User Image

Do I have your attention? I know the way you've been livin'

Tevye had his big grin on his face."I wonder if the beaters get to battle it out like last year. That was so much fun." He looked over to some of the others wondering who was trying out for beater this year. Who ever it was he was sure this is going to be fun.

Life so reckless, tragedy endless Welcome to the family

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:40 am
Theodore Tyler West

|First Year|Gryffindor|Eleven|Single|

"Fidelis ad Mortem-Faithful unto death"

Can't take the kid from the fight
take the fight from the kid

Sit back, relax
Sit back, relapse again

Can't take the kid from the fight
take the fight from the kid

Just sit back, just sit back
Sit back, sit back, relax, relapse

User Image

Theo heard that Quidditch was open to first years, and he ran out to the field for tryouts as fast as he could. He didn't expect to get on the team, but hey, it couldn't hurt him to at least try. He'd have to use one of the school's brooms, since he didn't actually own one yet, but if he got in, he'd for sure owl his dad about getting him one. He got to the field and stood with the others, gasping for breath, a big smile on his face. "Have.. Have tryouts.. started yet?" he gasped, holding a stitch in his side.

Sit back, sit back, bababada
You can take the kid out of the fight

The I.V. and your hospital bed
This was no accident
This was a therapeutic chain of events

Maxx Disorder

Invisible Prophet

4,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:03 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron's eyes scanned over to the newcomers. A blonde Asian boy whom he's never seen before showed up, followed behind by Keith Alvern. The blond boy in Cameron's year was trying out for beater, as always. There were only two beater positions, yet so many students were trying to get one of the spots. This made the fourth year incredibly nervous even though he made the team as beater last year. Relax, he told himself as he placed his broomstick in the other hand to wipe the sweaty one against his robes. Cameron looked at Tevye who was smiling like an idiot after speaking. "We'll get 'em, right Tev?" he asked, hopeful for the boy to be optimistic. Last year, the two beat everyone out and almost knocked each other out as well. Or.. did they knock each other out? Cam couldn't quite remember, it was so long ago, and he's had plenty of knockouts since.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

Format by XxXDevil-Chan

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:40 pm
User Image

۩And I didn't want to be the first to รคұ. Everyone around here thinks you're ¢яαʐÿ.۩ 
۩And I didn't want to be the first to say you shouldn't รҭคұ, Isabella run คฬคұ.۩

Elli giggled and smiled at her boyfriend's excitement for her, and kissed his cheek one more time. She would've stayed glued to his hip except for a young first year had appeared on the pitch and Remy was busy talking to Jayden. So she pranced over to him and smiled encouragingly. "Try outs haven't started yet don't worry!" She said brightly. She pointed to the stack of forms Remy had left sitting in the middle of the group of try outs. "All you have to do is fill out one of those forms and hand it the captain Remy." From there she pointed to Remy who was off to the side talking to their former captain. "I'm Elliryanna by the way. Vice Captain."

OOC: outfit in picture

۩All your heroes are your яε¢øя∂ṡ. You play 'em loud but I don't mind the иøιṡε.۩ 
۩Why ya нι∂ιиģ?Maybe you don't think you have a ¢нøι¢ε.۩

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:39 pm
User Image
User Image
❝God bless us everyone, we're a broken people living under loaded gun.
And it can't be outfought, it can't be outdone, it can't be outmatched, it can't be outrun.❞
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝God save us everyone, will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?
For the sins of our hands, the sins of our tongues, the sins of our fathers, the sins of our young.❞
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jayden smiled at her. She seemed quite...anxious. Quite...nervous. It was rather amusing actually. He was sure she was going to do fine. "Yes, don't worry so much Remy. Your positions will be filled. I think you are forgetting to add yourself into the roster. Think...that's only how many positions? Six...I'm sure six people will show up Rem," he finally concluded, patting his hand against her shoulder. He hoped she would live up to the expectation that he had for her. He knew that he picked Sam...yes, but Jayden believed she was better. But...she wasn't able to protect herself. If she had, she would have been the clear choice...easily.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝And when I close my eyes tonight, to symphonies of blinding light.
Like memories in cold decay, transmissions echoing away.
Far from the world of you and I, where oceans bleed into the sky.❞

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:56 pm
User Image

Do I have your attention? I know the way you've been livin'

Tevye nodded."With how hard we fought last year of course. I'm sure we'll knock everyone out again like last year." The boy said with a confident laugh and he started to stretch making sure he was ready.

Life so reckless, tragedy endless Welcome to the family

Xistund

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:30 pm
User Image
User Image
Risin' up back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance now I'm back on my feet
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the Eye of the Lycan
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of my rival
I'm the last known survivor
I'll stake my prey in the night
And I'm watching you all
With the Eye of the Lycan

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ nodded, then glanced at the younger students. She tugged at a stray lock of hair, before turning back to Jayden. "We already have more than six. But four want to be our new Seeker! Ah well." She debated staying, asking for help, but she needed to prove herself. "Speaking of which, I better get them in the air." She gave a swift nod before flying back to the crowd. She stood to her feet, balancing carefully.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to Gryffindor Quidditch tryouts! I'm Remy, your Captain. I would like to thank you all for coming out today! I'm sure you will make your house proud. If you have yet to fill out the form, please do! Now then! If you are trying for Beater, take the left of the field. I'll be sending targets up in a moment. Keep track of how many you hit. Chasers, I believe it's just Myself, Caitlin, and Elli? I would like both of you girls to grab a Quaffle, I brought two, and aim them at our Keeper. I'll be sending more potential Chasers your way. Seekers! We have a load of you to try out! My plan for you is a free-for-all. I'll toss up the Snitch, and you go for it."

Rem sent the targets up first, enchanting them to fly about. They looked difficult enough to hit? Then again, she wasn't a Beater. Next she gave both Chasers a Quaffle, then released four Bludgers, and a Snitch. She flew up with a clipboard, determined to wean out the very best for her team.
Wearing
{Out of Chasing: BEATERS! THE AC OF THE TARGETS IS 15!}
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

AC=17
Modifiers=+7
Total Roll:
~/3
Skills: ~Natural Flier ~Great Catch ~Swift Swipe

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds till' we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games