Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:09 pm
patch99329
TeaDidikai
patch99329
TeaDidikai
The seasons are changing. I'm about to buy my local tea shop out of Russian Caravan.

I'm waiting for winter, so I can break out my masala chai ninja
Have you ever had Russian Caravan?

I've almost run out. wink
Ah. Good good.

In other news- I found myself mentally replacing "Tea" with "Tisane" every time I played Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

However, it makes me want to try my hand at tea blending, using characteristics of the "herbs" he has in the game.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:57 pm
About a year ago the original owner sold, due to chronic health reasons. The new owner, who apparently only recently moved here, decided to turn it into a Starbuck's wanna-be. This really bothers me, as there's only two places in town with a good atmosphere, and now my favorite place has turned into a 'get your drink and get the hell out' establishment. Breaks my heart, it does.  

River_Moonwolf

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:45 am
River_Moonwolf
About a year ago the original owner sold, due to chronic health reasons. The new owner, who apparently only recently moved here, decided to turn it into a Starbuck's wanna-be. This really bothers me, as there's only two places in town with a good atmosphere, and now my favorite place has turned into a 'get your drink and get the hell out' establishment. Breaks my heart, it does.
Looks like you have a new favorite eh?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:12 am
My parents finally decided to get some tea from Teavana. They brought me a package of Dao Ren Green, and considered a bag of Sencha with some orange peels, pineapple, and cinnamon.

They got a bag of something called White Ayurvedic Chai, which sounds interesting.  

PhantomPhoenix0

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:48 am
There's a new chocolate bar at a local shop called Dragons Breath.

It includes chilies, sesame seeds and tea. heart It was delicious.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:54 am
Ainwyn
My mom just sent me a picture of the tea set she got me! I'm excited, it's cute! I was going to put the actual picture up here, but resizing it wasn't working, so have fun with linkage.
Was just lurking here, what with my love of tsaine-blending and my interest in food/drink flavor matching, but I must:

That is beautiful. heart  

Ultramarine Violet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:37 pm
Latest news- I decorated my reading cup. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Latest news- I decorated my reading cup. ninja

Reading cup? I assume you mean in relation to divination, not simply the cup you like to drink out of when reading a book? Do you have any pictures? Is the decoration significant, or just for fun?  

Aino Ailill

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:31 pm
Aino Ailill

Reading cup? I assume you mean in relation to divination, not simply the cup you like to drink out of when reading a book?
I have both. heart

Quote:
Do you have any pictures? Is the decoration significant, or just for fun?
Afraid I have no pics.
And I can't say "for fun" and significance are mutually exclusive.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:04 pm
Bumping this thread up to gush about my very favorite autumnal tea, a blend called The 5th of November sold by my local tea shop, The London Tea Room. They seem to be the only tea room in the city that doesn't involve doilies and grandmas, since it's owned and managed by a family of transplanted Brits. They have an online shop! great quality stuff, and a lot less...hodgepodgey than Teavana, IMO.

Anyway, 5th of November is a mix of chinese gunpowder, lapsang suchong, vanilla beans and berries. Smoky and delicious with less of an overpowering kick than straight lapsang and a hint of sweetness. I like to drink it at the very start of autumn to get myself into the emotional mindset. And then throughout the season, and into the winter, and spring, and summer...  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:10 am
I've been asked to do readings at a local tea house. redface  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:30 pm
Nom.

Today, I purchased some liquoruice root, it makes an amazing Tisane for winter. heart

I also purchased some Rooibos, because I have not seen it sold before so I thought I'd take the chance. I'm looking forward to trying it, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about making it!  

patch99329

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:11 pm
patch99329

I also purchased some Rooibos, because I have not seen it sold before so I thought I'd take the chance. I'm looking forward to trying it, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about making it!

My tea dealers do Rooibos along the same lines as oolong tea, which is basically: between black and green tea. Slightly cooler than boiling water, which for me means let the kettle boil and let it sit for a few minutes off the heat, then pour it over the leaves and let steep for around 3 minutes. The good thing with rooibos is that it doesn't get bitter if you steep it for too long, so it makes for very forgiving tisanes, I've found.

Here is a page of steeping standards that's worked out well for me. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:57 am
AvalonAuggie
patch99329

My tea dealers do Rooibos along the same lines as oolong tea, which is basically: between black and green tea. Slightly cooler than boiling water, which for me means let the kettle boil and let it sit for a few minutes off the heat, then pour it over the leaves and let steep for around 3 minutes. The good thing with rooibos is that it doesn't get bitter if you steep it for too long, so it makes for very forgiving tisanes, I've found.

Here is a page of steeping standards that's worked out well for me. ^_^
Rooibos can take higher temperatures as well. I wouldn't go above 180 myself.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:50 pm
It was really nice. ^_^
I liked the sweetness alot, and it was nice with a dash of milk.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff