Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:38 pm
Fallout 3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:35 pm
Lt. Brookman
Xenos Mortium
They should make a Watchmen video game.
They are making a brawler to coincide with the upcoming movie release. You can play as either Rorschach or Nite Owl II. Did you finally read it BTW?
Yeah, I got around to reading it a while ago, and I've actually felt like reading it again the past couple of days. sweatdrop And... you're not kidding about the brawler, are you? That makes me depressed. neutral

@Sanity- I'm still not sure if I'll like Fallout 3 or not, and they're apparently not releasing a demo for it, which I don't like. For me, it's Starcraft II, with Fallout right behind it (if it turns out to be good).  

Xenos Mortium

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 pm
I have about $50 worth on a Gamestop card, plus $100 worth of best buy cards, so I can get 3 games with my budget before cutting into my gas money. I can buy my top 3 picks and leave maybe one or even two for Christmas.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 pm

Dude...have any of you guys seen the new ad for Dead Space? I've been following information on the game since it was a cover article in Game Informer a few months back and...its looking like it'll be a very creepy, visceral horror game. That in and of itself is a huge statement. Above that, the gameplay looks to be pretty tight and the combat system will be a good challenge (what with having to cut apart the weak points on your enemies).

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:45 am
We've been watching the animated comics they've done for Dead Space thus far and we're really digging it, the atmosphere is outright creepy and messed up. Normally I am not a horror game fan but this one looks too good to pass up on.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:01 pm

I was talking to a friend about it earlier today and this was his response.

"Alright, let me get this straight. You're in space, controlling an engineer with no intense combat training if any at all. You're god knows how far from home, and you're surrounded by mutant alien zombies? Kick. a**."

Dead Space - 360 and PS3 Trailer
"Strategic Dismemberment" Video

Also, I'm gonna have to look up Ben Templesmith and see what else he's drawn.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:28 am
People who actually enjoy Halo can rejoice as Halo 3 - RECON has been announced. You won't be MC but instead a Hell Diver in a prequel to H3. Let the fapping begin.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:03 am
Halo 3 RECON? I thought it was codename Keep It Clean. They already announced it?  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:39 am
I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to Fallout 3. There's only one thing about fallout 3 I don't like.

Unlike fallout 2, you cannot give children all manner of drugs including an inhaler-based Methanphetamine, and you cannot gun these children down with a fully automatic weapon. This rules when you've got the Bloody Mess trait.

I remember when I first arrived in one town and a child followed me, asking questions like "Do you live around here?" or "Do you like kids?" I spun around and ignited him with a blast from my flamethrower, and he ran around screaming before falling to the dust. I then checked my Character screen, I had earned the karmic perk Childkiller, right underneath Slaver, Kama-sutra master, and Graverobber.

Sentator Joe Lieberman has never seen this game. And hopefully never will before he dies.

I just want to remind you that what I do in a video game does not make me a bad person, so hold back the "you're a sick twisted b*****d" flavored responces. I also had a good character, who saved his village, killed EVERY slaver, destroyed the Enclave, made friends with marcus the mutant, brought peace to the town of Modoc, and loved sunshine and flowers and bunny rabbits. So, with that said:

How do you think violence and sexual content will differ between fallout 1/2 and fallout 3?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:10 am
Hark, are you deliberately angling for responses or what? Christ..

Anyway, Fallout 3 will be more friendly and less gritty than the previous two games.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:54 am
Yes, I am most deffinately fishing.

And if anyone else has got ANYTHING to say, NOW'S THE F*@CKIN TIME!

(sorry, just watched kill bill again. ninja O-ren is the shiz)

But get this!! Since Australia threw a fit about real-world drugs in fallout 3, they BANNED it! so Bethesda had to go back and change all the drugs in the game to be fictional. So no coke, no heroin, no meth, no pot. They'll still have booze though. (Even though Foster's tastes like piss. Australian for really shitty beer.) So now Fallout 3 has been changed WORLDWIDE! So us in the US, UK, Canada, Asia and Europe all suffer because a couple of losers have their undies in a bunch down under. Sheesh. Like there isn't an "M" rating on the game. Oh, you can kill people in the game too, should we ban it here in America?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:31 am
Nope, they removed that too.

Looks like you're going to have to go out and get Postal.  

Xenos Mortium

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:40 pm
i use cats as suppressors to kill people with out the police noticing....In Postal 2
3nodding

i can't remember there being real drugs in fallout 2....

plus every place as its "not on my yard" thing

America its sexual content
UK its violence (a lot of it anyway)
Australia its drugs
Germany its Nazi
China its empire building games without the sort of government they like
and with old china counties

don't know about the other places  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:15 am
oh there was most deffinately real drugs in fallout 2. They had fake names, but once you "examined" them it told you all about it. Psycho=PCP, Jet=Methanphetamine, Mentats=Atterol.

Good call texinadawolf, in every country it's what their culture already has too much of. Sooner or later it'll be disenfranchised veterans and poor people that makes a game get an M rating.  

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:18 am
Move to the Netherlands, land of the free? All the drugs you desire and no restrictions on games and movies of any sort. I know Mac sells hardcore stuff in his book store without any problems.

I am too late again, discovering fun stuff a decade after it has died. crying

"You know what might look better on your nose?"
"What?"
"THE BAR."  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games