Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:04 pm
Jessi giggled and looked down at the table. "Oh yeah... I bet they haven't invented it, yet. Good point."

She looked up at Daniel when he talked about the nobles he had made friends with again. "Daniel... uh, if you don't mind me asking, how were you able to make such good friends with these nobles when... uh..."

She blushed slightly, trying to find the right words that wouldn't make Daniel feel uncomfortable. "Well, you don't really like crowds, so how did you become such good friends with so many nobles?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:23 pm
{{Randomness: From doing a quick search, it seems carbonated water was "invented" somewhere in the mid 1700s... though there was also naturally existing carbonated water before that. Not sure how widely spread or popular it was in the early days. It is still rather unlikely that they would be serving carbonated water instead of regular water... since it didn't "take off" until better methods of creating and distributing it were invented, which happened in the early 1800s. Carbonated water is a pretty old invention, though.}}  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Daniel looked out into the street and then back to Jessi. His smile wavered for a moment as he recalled the events that had transpired over the last two months. After another moment of reflection he gave a sharp breath as he roused himself to speak.

"Well I won't lie and say it was easy, because it was anything but. However, when it comes to nobles, gold will carry you a long way."

Daniel fiddled with the glass of water that he hadn't touched yet.

"As to what you are most likely referring, that being my difficulty of being around and interacting with people, I guess you could say I had help. But mostly I looked at it as not really interacting with people. Almost, as if, like this has all been one big puzzle. A logic problem that I had work through, in order to acheive the desired results. I guess, when I think of it like that, it wasn't so hard to deal with them."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:41 pm
ThisEmptySoul
{{Randomness: From doing a quick search, it seems carbonated water was "invented" somewhere in the mid 1700s... though there was also naturally existing carbonated water before that. Not sure how widely spread or popular it was in the early days. It is still rather unlikely that they would be serving carbonated water instead of regular water... since it didn't "take off" until better methods of creating and distributing it were invented, which happened in the early 1800s. Carbonated water is a pretty old invention, though.}}

{{ Jospeh Priestly 'accidentally' discovered the ability to carbonate water, amongst other things, in the late 1760's while mucking about with his brother-in-laws fermentation vats. Though he did publish a paper, it didn't really go anywhere. Then a guy named JJ Schweppe (look familiar) developed his carbonated mineral water in the 1780's. The carbonated water craze hit Europe in the early to mid 1800's. Whether or not it had made it to Austria-Hungary was an artistic license judgement call on my part. The only thing I could dig up was that the local stuff was developed by a Hungarian who was born in 1800, so I guessed that like most early pioneers, he was around middle age before making it big (meaning 1830 or so). And thus ends another session of "stuff no one really wanted to know". blaugh }}  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:53 pm
{{ heart random information xd }}  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:13 pm
((thoroughly enjoyed that session User Image))  

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:22 pm
{{lol. Thanks you guys! biggrin That was really interesting. I liked it!}}

Jessi took a sip of her drink slowly. When she tasted that it was just regular water, she took a bigger drink and then set her glass back down. Then, she looked up at Daniel and smiled softly.

"That's really good you worked so hard to be sociable with others, Daniel, even if they were nobles who mostly only wanted your gold. But, I guess I don't understand why you'd go through that much trouble."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:40 pm
Daniel shrugged slightly, then leaned on the table, his arms folded.

"I dunno. I guess I was really just trying to prove that I could. Prove that I could do something with this ability other than bounce around at random."

Leaning back in his chair Daniel straightened creases from his jacket.

"And it was part of the exercise. I offered, and you wanted Vienna. Therefore, in thanks for going along, my intention was to make the trip as pleasent as possible. I hope."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:56 pm
Jessi smiled and nodded as she picked up a piece of bread. "No thanks needed at all, but thank you very much!! This is absolutely incredible, Daniel. I'm so glad you wanted to share yourself with me. I know it had to be incredibly hard for you to do."

She looked up at him while she picked off a corner of her bread. "But, who did you want to prove to that you could do this? Yourself?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:16 pm
Daniel smirked slightly, a soft chuckle escaping. For someone who had only known him for a week or two, Jessi was proving to be incredibly astute.

"Yeah. Kind of. Until now, I haven't really seen myself as useful for much. I can be hurt. I can't die. At least not permanently. And now I can effectively move through time. But what for? What good does it serve? I guess I had hoped that it might help to show me more of who or what I was."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:19 am
{{And you know, Jessi's reactions are totally legit because I didn't read the large wall of texts in EE, so I know just as much about Daniel as she does! XD}}

Jessi smiled and nodded. "That's great! I think trying to discover more about yourself and proving to yourself what you're capable of is a good thing. Everyone should know that about themselves. I'm glad you're doing this for you. I'm not an expert at people or anything, but Daniel, don't get caught up in trying to prove yourself to others. I'm not saying you ever would, but the more you find yourself caught up in society, the more you might find that you're trying to prove yourself to others. That's a dangerous and slippery slope and I'd never want that for you. Make sure these nobles don't influence you to do this. They may ask you to prove yourself to them in some way, but don't do it. It truly doesn't matter what they think of you, only what you think of yourself."

She reached forward and light rested her hand on the top of one of Daniel's. She smiled warmly at him. After a few moments, though, her eyes slowly widened and she pulled her hand back. She tried to make sure she kept her voice low even though she was quite surprised.

"Wait... did you say you can't die?!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 am
Daniel's head swam and his instinct was to pull his hand away the moment Jessi touched it. It took every ounce of his will not to, despite his confusion as to why. He wanted to understand why he could interact with people, to an extent, but why this feeling when being touched? Just as he felt he chest was going to seize, Jessi removed her hand quickly, but Daniel didn't have a chance to relax before she asked her question. Daniel looked up suddenly into her widened eyes, his own reflecting them. Had he said that? Hadn't he said it before? Uh oh. Daniel try to smile weakly.

"Uh, yeah, kind of. Did I not...mention, that part?"  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:55 am
Jessi quickly ran through her most recent conversations with Daniel. Even her eyes were shifting slightly as she ran through them in her mind. Finally she sighed and shrugged her shoulders. She looked back at Daniel.

"Well, you did say that you didn't die when you fell off a building... but I thought you were joking! You know, for comedic affect and to offset the seriousness of slicing into your own arm... I never thought you actually threw yourself off of a building. Daniel... how can you not die? I mean, I know that time can reverse itself for you, but what about old age? Surely you'll be able to die like everyone else when you get old enough."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:48 pm
Daniel considered the idea, of growing old namely, but something inside told him that wasn't the case. Nor would it ever. He was about to answer when a waiter arrived a steaming fresh plate of spaghetti alla carbonara topped in sliced truffles, with a small bottle of vinegrette. Daniel smiled and nodded and the waiter set the plate and bottle in front of Jessi and quickly departed. Daniel looked at Jessi desperately hoping this wasn't the tipping point. He didn't want to have to start again.

"I cannot be one hundred percent certain obviously, but something tells me that I won't ever die. Technically. It's especially hard fro my mind to quantify considering that I can't be certain I'm even...alive."

Daniel watched Jessi's reaction. She was doing well to keep herself calm, but he could see the strain behind her eyes. She had been so accepting thus far. Would this be the last straw? If it is, then best to be out with it. No expectations. Just the truth.

"I don't...eat. Or sleep. Or even breathe. Or at least I don't have to. That brownie you gave me, shortly after we officially met, was the first thing I had consumed since Christmas, and pretty much the only thing since. And I haven't actually slept, at least what you would call sleep, since...well, since the Thanksgiving holiday."

Daniel turned and gazed off down the street, the setting sun casting long shadows at weird angles. He never said all those things at once. Never like this. And now that he did, it made even him worry. What was he? The question that he could not answer, and yet continued to haunt him. And now a new question had entered his mind. Who accept something like me? Someting so unnatural?  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:55 pm
Jessi didn't even notice if people were coming or going around them anymore. She was finally in Vienna again and she wasn't even enjoying the area around her at the moment. She was simply staring at Daniel. So many, many thoughts were going through her mind and she couldn't seem to grasp onto just one. A strong emotion was coming through though. It was sympathy. He probably didn't want someone, anyone, feeling sorry for him, but she couldn't help it. He was her friend and he didn't think he could ever grow old, die, or if he was even alive. He didn't know what he was.

Jessi felt some wetness gather in her eyes, but she didn't care. She couldn't pull her eyes away from Daniel. He looked and sounded completely alive to her. He wasn't some robot. There was no way he could be. If he had been, then he wouldn't have cared about discovering who or what he was. So what was he then?

Her voice broke slightly when she tried to speak, so she cleared her throat and tried again. Her voice was very soft.

"Do you... can you feel things? I mean, do you feel emotions?"  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games