Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:18 pm
(( lol Talking to a time traveller about not being able to make it somewhere in time?))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm
{{Hmm... Good point, Kits! It will take Jessi, and me, awhile to get used to this. wink }}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:28 pm
Cuwen
{{Hmm... Good point, Kits! It will take Jessi, and me, awhile to get used to this. wink }}

{{ Assuming Jessi ever tells you. blaugh And just so you know, I went back and edited one of my former posts, nothing big. Just pulled the science academy and its predecessor name out. I misread the info on it, as it wasn't founded until 1847. D'oh. sweatdrop }}

Daniel chuckled lightly.

"My goodness, do they ever. I almost think someof them move about in the night just to throw people off. Or maybe I just miss them the first time. But there is a rather large cafe of note not far from the Burgtheater, if you would to head there. I've been told they make some of the best, oh what was it it, oh yes, Wiener Schnitzel. I haven't tried obviously, but my sources have proven to be most reliable on most subjects."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 pm
{{Oh, okay. smile I'm making my posts almost mirror what I did with my college choir and some of the things I did on my own. Since that's my only real reference, Jessi had the same visit I did and did the same stuff. wink lol!}}

Jessi sighed softly and closed her eyes as a satisfied smile appeared on her face. "Oh good... I love the cafes here. I'm glad they're around even in 1800."

She opened her eyes and looked at Daniel. "Though, I'll skip on the Wiener Schnitzel. I had some in this small village on the outskirts of Vienna. It's beautiful. Just like a village out of... well, this era."

She giggled softly at that and then continued. "Well, in the restaurant, the waiters play music for you while you eat, using accordions and their voices, and the food is served like it would be in a big tavern. You get huge wooden trays of food and everyone at the table takes what they want. Beer is also served. Beer is served here with nearly any meal in traditional restaurants. Well, Wiener Schnitzel was served with the large meat course and it was really thin... It was mostly breading with the meat pounded really flat. Now, it could have just been a bad batch and all Wiener Schnitzel might not be like that, but I'd rather have something else. There was this cafe I ate at when we first arrived, and it was pasta with a light oil on it and baked ham and bacon. It was incredible! I have no idea what it was called since it was in German, but I'm going to ask for something similar to that."

Her face scrunched up slightly. "Oh... and I know it's like the most famous desert here, but I'm also going to opt out of the Sacher cake. It tastes horrible without whipped cream, but you have to ask for that since they don't put it with the cake automatically. And whipped cream here is made without any kind of sugar... Not my favorite, but then again, I'm not a big sweets person. You might love it!"

She stopped herself and finally just laughed. "Oh my gosh... I can't believe I'm focusing on food at a time like this and being so nit picky! I'm just so... so overwhelmed!! I'm just reliving my trip here with my choir I think because I loved it and because it's something my mind can attach to. Otherwise, it might just go out into the stratosphere in amazement."  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:08 pm
{{ Hope you don't mind but I edited your last post. You identified as Amy. And even Daniel wouldn't have been able to explain that one. rofl }}

Daniel just smiled softly and nodded. He new the excitement that Jessi was feeling all too well, though the ability to re-live memories made his thoughts drift momentarily over the fact that he had none to speak of. At least none as old as Jessi was speaking of. Not wanting ot dwell too long on the fact, Daniel started off again, this time down a small side street.

"It's alright, and very understandable. It is kind of a big deal. Especially being your first trip and everything. But don't worry too much about it. Just let it roll. What happens will happen. We're just here to happen along with it."

As the small side street let out onto a larger one again, Daniel turned off to his left, pointing quite a way down the street.

"You can't really see the cafe from here, but it's just behind the Burgtheather, and that's the white building poking up just down there. And I'm sure they'll have something you'll enjoy."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 pm
{{Ah! Thank you! A plus of RPing with a mod. smile Thanks!}}

Jessi sighed softly in joy and rested her head on Daniel's shoulder as they stopped after turning down another small street. She couldn't help it. She was so happy right now and the entire night seemed magical. Hell, it was magical. Only magic could make this possible.

"I'm sure I'll enjoy nearly anything we order. I have exquisite company, and good company always makes the food better. Promise me we can order some fruit-filled Vanillekipferl to go along with our meal. Have you tried that here, yet?"  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:50 pm
Daniel stilled his nerves as Jessi leaned on him. He shook his head ruefully, as if he found something slightly funny.

"Maybe I have, maybe I haven't. I honestly hadn't been keeping track of food set in front of me. I kept myself somewhat busy impressing nobles and the like. But of course, you can order it. Order whatever you like."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 pm
Jessi giggled. "Thank you. Though, can you promise we won't spend too much time with nobles, please? I'd rather be around villagers and just spend time sightseeing."

She walked over toward the cafe. She went inside. "Do you want to sit at a table outside in the nice night air, Daniel?"  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:11 pm
Daniel followed Jessi inside the cafe, nodding to the owner whom he had spotted in the back. Pulling off his bicorne hat, he stopped next to Jessi.

"This may have been my demonstration, but that part is over. This is your trip now. Do as you please."

A generously plump man with thinning hair wanders from the back, the man Daniel had nodded to earlier.

"Ah, wilkommen Herr Sternschritter. How might I serve you this night? You're regular table?"

Daniel turned to Jessi.

"My companion hasn't decided yet Werner. My table is there by the window. But where would you like to sit?

{{ And, I don't really know any German, so that's about all you get. sweatdrop }}  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:23 pm
{{lol. It's okay. I only know vasser von fause (water without bubbles) and Fraulein. Had to know vasser von fause because otherwise, you automatically get fizzy water at restaurants and cafes and it's NASTY! I want to learn German so that I can go back to Vienna and communicate with locals.}}

Jessi smiled softly, trying to keep from giggling, when it became clear that Daniel also knew the owner of this cafe. She should have guessed. She loved seeing him this comfortable around people. She never thought she'd be able to see that, and definitely not so soon. Of course, it had been longer for him, two months.

She smiled politely and warmly at the man. "Would it be permitable to be seated outside, good sir?"

Jessi tried to keep her speech similar to what she had seen in movies based in an older time period. It was the only reference she had.  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:33 pm
The round man smiled broadly at Jessi.

"Sicherlich mein Frauline. Choose a seat the pleases you, and I will be with you."

Daniel nodded to man as he turned and headed back to the kitchen area, shooing wait staff out of his way and talking quite quickly. Smiling to himself, Daniel guided Jessi back outside and to a small wooden table amongst the many that were set up. Stopping, he pulled a chair out for Jessi.

"I believe this is the correct custom is it not? I have seen a number of men doing such."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:56 pm
Jessi smiled shyly and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as Daniel pulled out a chair for her. "Yes, it is. Thank you very much, Daniel."

When Daniel sat down across from her, Jessi spoke. "I think it might be customary, too, for the man to order for the woman. I'll have pasta, please. Hopefully they have the kind with the light oil and baked ham and bacon, but if they don't, I'll take whatever else they have in pasta. And, an order of those fruit-filled Vanillekipferl, too, please. And no beer at all, please. Simply vasser von fause."

She smiled up at Daniel.  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:32 pm
Daniel nodded with something of an uncertain smile on his face.

"If you wish to risk my unfamiliarity with food, so be it."

After a moment the owner arrived with a round loaf of warm fresh bread, and a small block of goat's cheese, and a pair of water glasses. Daniel spoke off a string of quick and clipped German to the man, who smiled broadly.

"But of course, mein Herr. I shall prepare it myself."

And with that the rotund man hurried off back into building. Daniel watched him go and then turned back to Jessi sitting across from him.

"So. Here you are in Vienna, almost two hundred years before you've been born. What do you think so far?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:47 pm
Jessi gasped and quickly held one of her hands up when the bread and water were brought over to them. When the man was gone, she explained her actions to Daniel.

"If you eat the bread, you'll be charged for it. It's not free bread like it is in the U.S. And the water will be fizzy water. That is the water everyone gets at a restaurant unless they order 'vasser von fause', which is water without bubbles."

She sat back in her chair again and smiled. "And.. I think it's lovely. I haven't seen much of it, yet, though. But just being back in Vienna..."

She sighed softly. "It's wonderful. This place just has this energy to it that you can feel as soon as you get here. I just wish there were street performers here, but that won't be for another few centuries."  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:56 pm
Daniel leaned back as Jessi spoke, trying to look relaxed. It was one ting to be going out and attending functions and dinners with a set mission and purpose in mind. But this was something else entirely. With no goal or required result, he was once again aimless in how to proceed.

"It is an interesting city, I'll give you that. And speaking of things that aren't around yet, you might not want to go ordering any of your 'water without bubbles' around these parts, considering that I'm pretty certain it hasn't been invented yet. Might get you some funny looks. And don't worry about being charged for anything. I kind of, uh, have arrangements in place with most the influential persons in town. All I have to do is ask."  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games