Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TRP86

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:18 pm
Hi all, another new member here. blaugh I attended art school and worked a little in the art industry (storyboarding), but am thinking about quitting the art line and drawing as a hobby instead.

I'm anime-influenced, like drawing anthros, and some of my favorite anime/shows/manga are Evangelion, One Piece, FMA and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
TRP86
Hi all, another new member here. blaugh I attended art school and worked a little in the art industry (storyboarding), but am thinking about quitting the art line and drawing as a hobby instead.

I'm anime-influenced, like drawing anthros, and some of my favorite anime/shows/manga are Evangelion, One Piece, FMA and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
Hey, I was entertaining the idea of going into storyboarding for film or games. Care to share your take on the experience?  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

TRP86

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:04 am
Well, I can't really say much on that considering the firm I worked at isn't exactly very experienced ^^; Sorry about that. Was a fun learning experience though. I had to train myself to draw legibly within 7 x 5 cm boxes. >_>;  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:29 am
Well, anything you had to train yourself to do is valuable info for someone who is working their way up. Not everyone can work at various sizes. I have a friend in comic school right now so said that she just learned that they have to train themselves to draw and not erase mistakes. So they work with ink and work the entire picture out. Then go and do it again to fix things, but to problem solve and integrate mistakes into the image.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

TRP86

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:40 am
holy shiznit, I had no idea there was such a thing as comic school. Everyone I know of always says that you have to learn how to draw comics by yourself and blahblahblah. I'd kill to go there.

...is that why most Jap artists I know of can produce whole images without needing guidelines at all?

(btw should we take this discussion somewhere else other than the introductory post? Not sure if this is allowed or considered off-topic?)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:07 am
True that. *ushers her to chat sticky*  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

frostings

Dapper Seeker

3,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:04 pm
heyo everyone :3
this is frostings reporting in ^^ *waves*

here to chat and learn from fellow art creating gaians :3
gotta improve on a lot of things~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:13 am
Welcome aboard. biggrin  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

konigiri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:21 am

Hey, Konigiri here, also Lou/2013/seksu/juudan if you know me from anywhere else. Haha, I'm looking to improve on my anatomy, painting, backgrounds, etc

I don't watch a lot of anime, though my favourite series so far is Samurai Champloo. I do read some Manga, and currently my favourite is Dogs.

=D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:05 pm
Glad to have you aboard.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Xyirii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:51 pm
'Allo~. My name is Kai and I'm obviously new amongst the ranks here. I am a seasoned artist of eight years and have umpteen dozen projects to prove it O_o;; I joined as a mentor so if anyone would like help I can give it XD. One of these days I'll get my officially unofficial gallery site up and running as it is down for reconstruction for the fifth time in the past two years. Until then, Salutations, I'm glad to be here and it's a pleasure to meet you all.

+ Kai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:53 pm
Welcome Everyone!  

Freaksrus

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250

Wolfblade227

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:31 pm
Hi I'm Elizabeth and I've been drawing anime for about a year now. I have a pretty good hang of it but i could all ways use the extra help and tips! I'm 13 about to be 14 in september on the 13. I know lucky me. Ummm I'm in 8th grade and I'm the only person in art class that has the highest grade. I like to write and draw and listen to music while i'm drawing! Thats me in a nutshell! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:14 pm
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

Everyone, don't forget we have a thread full of tutorials and resources that can help you too. We're not just collecting the information for our health. It's there for all of us to use and grow.

Have fun with it.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Tochtli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:37 am
My name is Tochtli. ;D

I am a freshman in college & am majoring in Anthropology, with a focus on Archeology. I'm currently taking swim & Track, soon going for culinary arts. As you can see I love to side track. x3 There are many things I want to accomplish & one of those is to draw well.

I don't have much of a dA but will start posting as soon as I have things to post. sweatdrop  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games