Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spaceprincess18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:02 pm
Is it possible that the people who tout the burning time stuff have it confused with the crusades? Just a thought...not sure if there is any merit to it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:46 am
spaceprincess18
Is it possible that the people who tout the burning time stuff have it confused with the crusades? Just a thought...not sure if there is any merit to it.

No, when asked, almost all of them talk about the Spanish Inquisition, the Dark Ages in general, and/or The Salem Witch Trials. Also, the Crusades were not about burning witches, it was about taking land and killing the filthy Muslims.  

jaden kendam

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:47 am
BlueRoseTorn
Henry Dorsett Case

rofl

Can't remember ...*tries to breathe*...the last time...( rofl )...I've laughed this hard! HOOO! *clutches sides*

And the burning times picture! HA HA HA! rofl

*ahem* Whoooo...

(I now have something to actually contribute.)

An ex-friend: "Yesterday, I made up my Wiccan name!"
Me: "I didn't know you were Wiccan...*my fluff-meter is going off the radar all ready*"
Ex-friend: "I'm not."
Me: "So...what's with this 'Wiccan Name' business?"
Ex-friend: "Well, my friend and I decided to make Wiccan names, because we're going to Borders to get some books on Wicca tomorrow, and once we read those, we're going to get our Wiccan names tattooed on us!"

They should be Fluffy McFluffbunny and Bunny Fluffiness.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:26 am
deadmanjake
BlueRoseTorn
Henry Dorsett Case

rofl

Can't remember ...*tries to breathe*...the last time...( rofl )...I've laughed this hard! HOOO! *clutches sides*

*ahem* Whoooo...

Me: "I didn't know you were Wiccan...*my fluff-meter is going off the radar all ready*"
Ex-friend: "Well, my friend and I decided to make Wiccan names, because we're going to Borders to get some books on Wicca tomorrow, and once we read those, we're going to get our Wiccan names tattooed on us!"

xp I directed the one to this guild and showed her Reagun's thesis, and the Wiccan FAQ (before it became c**t-tastic).

But I'm so happy they moved to California. I don't have to deal with their nonsense anymore.  

queertastrophy

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:53 am
BlueRoseTorn
deadmanjake
BlueRoseTorn
Henry Dorsett Case

rofl

*ahem* Whoooo...

xp I directed the one to this guild and showed her Reagun's thesis, and the Wiccan FAQ (before it became c**t-tastic).

But I'm so happy they moved to California. I don't have to deal with their nonsense anymore.

Yeah, they can joing all he other Hippies Wiccans Fluffies in worshiping nature and kissing trees.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:10 am
deadmanjake
Yeah, they can joing all he other Hippies Wiccans Fluffies in worshiping nature and kissing trees.

sweatdrop I kiss trees. I have really weird relationships with trees. My ex-Master, Lucius, used to say trees were where the sky made love to the earth; I've always liked that.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:42 am
Deoridhe
deadmanjake

sweatdrop I kiss trees. I have really weird relationships with trees. My ex-Master, Lucius, used to say trees were where the sky made love to the earth; I've always liked that.

But you are not claiming to be the nature loving, peace loving Wicca are you?

I dont think I want to know any more about that sky making love to the earth stuff. Dont want any images.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:42 am
deadmanjake
spaceprincess18

No, when asked, almost all of them talk about the Spanish Inquisition, the Dark Ages in general, and/or The Salem Witch Trials. Also, the Crusades were not about burning witches, it was about taking land and killing the filthy Muslims.

I'm not so sure...

The Crusades, while hypocritical, had valid cause after Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah's treatment of Christian pilgrims and destruction of holy sights. Not a very Christian response, but a very understandable one. But that's hardly the topic.... sweatdrop

Wasn't there a Kemetic tale about the Sky and the Earth being lovers...?
Was it (please forgive me) Geb and Nut?  

Fiddlers Green

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:49 am
Fiddlers Green

Geb, the earth/land, and Nut, the sky, are brother and sister, and also lovers. For some time, they were in an eternal embrace (nice way of saying eternal sex), before their father, Shu, got pissed and seperated them. He stood on Geb's body, and used his hands to raise Nut up, thus seperating the land and the sky.

That's a rather simplified version, and not the full story, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:50 am
Fiddlers Green

I thought Nut was the night? My Egyptian mythology is not as strong as it could be, though.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:23 am
Deoridhe
Fiddlers Green

I thought Nut was the night? My Egyptian mythology is not as strong as it could be, though.
She's more specifically the night sky.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:16 pm
Fiddlers Green
deadmanjake
spaceprincess18

I'm not so sure...

The Crusades, while hypocritical, had valid cause after Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah's treatment of Christian pilgrims and destruction of holy sights. Not a very Christian response, but a very understandable one. But that's hardly the topic.... sweatdrop

It was still not about burning witches. I just added the taking the land part, because that is exactly what happened. Not just Muslim land, but lots of other peoples land.  

jaden kendam

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:49 pm
deadmanjake
Fiddlers Green
deadmanjake
spaceprincess18

I'm not so sure...

It was still not about burning witches. I just added the taking the land part, because that is exactly what happened. Not just Muslim land, but lots of other peoples land.

Oh, yes indeedy. 3nodding
Mostly other Christians. rofl

On an aside, my American History teacher used to love re-assuring our resident Spooky-kid that no actual witches were slain at Salem, as the excuted were almost invariably Puritans... Therefore they should be happy, the competeing religion was killing it's own members off. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:04 pm
I'm perfectly aware of what the crusades really were, just as I am aware that there were actually very few people actually prosecuted in Salem (persecuted may be another story, but I wasn't there.) I was just tossing out the idea that the numbers of the two may be confused, it wouldn't be the first time in history a religious group altered definitions to fit their purpose.  

spaceprincess18

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:28 pm
spaceprincess18
I'm perfectly aware of what the crusades really were, just as I am aware that there were actually very few people actually prosecuted in Salem (persecuted may be another story, but I wasn't there.) I was just tossing out the idea that the numbers of the two may be confused, it wouldn't be the first time in history a religious group altered definitions to fit their purpose.

No worries, I was mostly clarifying for comedic sake, I am in a rare comedic mood.
I meant no offense. 3nodding  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games