Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:39 pm
Haru Yates

The main difference is the size. (flask=usually 250ml, bottle=usually 750ml [I think/according to research.]) I just want to make the GM aware of what Terran will be carrying. ...He may have to fill up a flask a bit more often though. If you think the bottle would be better, then let me know.
*Apparently, they do make flasks larger than the 8oz ones, so the actual size is not tbd. (no bigger than 500ml, though.)

As for the race, the demon thing works. (If you ever read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, the origins of vampires is related to a demonic spirit. Lestat ftw.)

size does't matter, all that matters is that you drink 1-2 times a day

and yeah thats also why I thought it would fit  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:46 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

The main difference is the size. (flask=usually 250ml, bottle=usually 750ml [I think/according to research.]) I just want to make the GM aware of what Terran will be carrying. ...He may have to fill up a flask a bit more often though. If you think the bottle would be better, then let me know.
*Apparently, they do make flasks larger than the 8oz ones, so the actual size is not tbd. (no bigger than 500ml, though.)

As for the race, the demon thing works. (If you ever read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, the origins of vampires is related to a demonic spirit. Lestat ftw.)

size does't matter, all that matters is that you drink 1-2 times a day

and yeah thats also why I thought it would fit

lol. I did say he has a waterskin, right? lol. He'll probably drink water most of the time. The wine is only because he finds that it helps with the cravings. emotion_yatta  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:53 pm
Haru Yates

lol. I did say he has a waterskin, right? lol. He'll probably drink water most of the time. The wine is only because he finds that it helps with the cravings. emotion_yatta

lol, wine is expensive(2nt most expensive drink) so yeah most the time it will be water  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:07 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

lol, wine is expensive(2nt most expensive drink) so yeah most the time it will be water

*slams flask on table* Totally worth the money!

**For the record, I don't drink alcohol irl. It's expensive and it really doesn't taste all that great. And it freak'n burns, and I'm pretty sure I'm too light to legally drive after a standard drink, so ick. emotion_donotwant I don't recommend it. stare  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:17 pm
Haru Yates

**For the record, I don't drink alcohol irl. It's expensive and it really doesn't taste all that great. And it freak'n burns, and I'm pretty sure I'm too light to legally drive after a standard drink, so ick. emotion_donotwant I don't recommend it. stare

lol, best 20G ever spent(or you could buy..*checks for other items worth 20*... a fire stone?(used to start a fire, can be used an endless number of times))

also WuT, Y u No DraNk  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

lol, best 20G ever spent(or you could buy..*checks for other items worth 20*... a fire stone?(used to start a fire, can be used an endless number of times))

also WuT, Y u No DraNk

I no drink cos it BURNS! lol.
Kidding (sort of). I have good role-models. Also, when I was little, my grandfather let me taste both wine and beer and I thought they tasted horrible so I grew up disliking it. I've also never ever been drunk before, but I've seen drunk people acting like idiots, and/or not shutting up when you want them to go away. (NEVER try to explain the plot of Death Note to a drunk person. It's like talking in circles!) And Smart Serve (the training program that lets me legally serve alcohol) teaches about it as if it's a drug (which it kinda is). Meh, I don't need it. My liver thanks me for it. (On a side-note: be respectful to your server at a bar. It's their job to try to prevent you from getting too drunk.)

My other experiences with alcohol: Tried Baileys once. Was told it tasted like chocolate milk and it does NOT taste like chocolate milk. Tasted a mudslide once too, which did taste a little bit more like a chocolate milkshake, (with an alcoholic aftertaste), but I could feel it burning my stomach (and oddly enough, my brain [instant pressure]), so I was like, "nope," and I let my aunt have the rest of it.) That's my experience, anyway. There are cheaper things on most menus that taste better. Although my cousin had me taste her strawberry daiquiri with rum in it once. I didn't mind that one. I've also been told that ice wine tastes really good over ice cream, but I've never tried it before. Beer is just gross to me. (I don't like the smell either.)
I find that alcohol tends to either taste the way it smells, or it tends to taste exactly the way I imagine/expect it to. Not sure if that's due to a past-life, of if I just have good intuition. *shrugs* I'm just not that into it.

U? (I always assumed you were too young to drink that stuff, but I don't know what the legal drinking age is in the UK so... confused )  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:44 pm
Haru Yates

Personally I think alcohol is worse than weed, I have no interest or connection

Also here is some things in the system that may be good to know
LEVEL 0
You get 1 spells, -500 EXP to reach
LEVEL 1
You get 3 spells, 0 EXP to reach
LEVEL 2
+1 spell, 1,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 3
+1 spell, 2,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 4
+1 spell, 3,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 5
+1 spell, 4,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 6
+1 spell, 5,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 7
+1 spell, 6,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 8
+1 spell, 7,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 9
+1 spell, 8,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 10
+1 spell, 9,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 11
+1 spell, 10,000 EXP to reach

LEVEL 12
+1 spells, 10,777 EXP to reach

Before you ask, level 0 is just for NPC characters and you can't lose EXP

Also shields

S. Shield- if you are being attacked you may use a reaction roll a d12, if it is a one you take no DMG
M. Shield- roll a d10 instead
L. Shield- roll a d8 instead, also all attacks you do when you are holding this have a -1 to hit  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:00 pm
Xa44
Personally I think alcohol is worse than weed, I have no interest or connection

Good boy. Your liver thanks you. emotion_dealwithit (Seriously though, I applaud you for that. *cheers* And I've never done weed, nor do I plan to.)

As for the shields, that sounds pretty cool. (I don't usually use a shield because I find that it can make a character less flexible [in terms of movement or dexterity], so I probably won't use one myself.) I still don't get how the numbers work yet, but I'm sure it'll all be explained when the system is finished/finalized.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:09 pm
Haru Yates

Weed is you know, kinda illegal...(well actually in Ireland you can own weed as long as you don't use it or sell it)
Shields are really easy, you just roll the stated die and if you rolled a 1, you don't take any DMG at all  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:19 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Weed is you know, kinda illegal...(well actually in Ireland you can own weed as long as you don't use it or sell it)
Shields are really easy, you just roll the stated die and if you rolled a 1, you don't take any DMG at all

It was legalized in Canada recently (October), but you have to be 19 (in Ontario, at least).

The roll a 1 to negate damage sounds pretty cool. Does it help prevent any other damage? Like a -1 dmg or something?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Haru Yates

It is still very messy and it still is illegal in most places

Nope, shields are a all or nothing type of thing. If you want to take less you buy armour or learn spells that help tank  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:35 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

It is still very messy and it still is illegal in most places

Nope, shields are a all or nothing type of thing. If you want to take less you buy armour or learn spells that help tank

(Illegal and stinky! xp ick.)

You may see people investing in armor more than shields then. I mean in general, because it's not the best advantage... (8-12% chance [with the 12% giving a penalty to atk.]) :/  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:47 pm
Haru Yates

You may see people investing in armor more than shields then. I mean in general, because it's not the best advantage... (8-12% chance [with the 12% giving a penalty to atk.])

You can always take a smaller shield, and some people don't like wearing armour(me) and a shield somewhat fixes that(JK I use none, DEF is for nerds) because you can wear whatever you want, plus you can use bolth
(Side note I know armour is stronger, but that is historically accurate and also they cost way more compared to shields(just like in historically martial arts(only nobles used armour because it is so expensive IRL))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:58 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

You may see people investing in armor more than shields then. I mean in general, because it's not the best advantage... (8-12% chance [with the 12% giving a penalty to atk.])

You can always take a smaller shield, and some people don't like wearing armour(me) and a shield somewhat fixes that(JK I use none, DEF is for nerds) because you can wear whatever you want, plus you can use bolth
(Side note I know armour is stronger, but that is historically accurate and also they cost way more compared to shields(just like in historically martial arts(only nobles used armour because it is so expensive IRL))

True, but weren't most knights nobles?

I normally do light armor (i.e. leather) because it is tough, yet easy to move in. (which is a must-have for any rogue-type sneaky character.) Might consider temporarily switching to warmer hide armor (still animal skin) if we go to the ice town if the cold will be an issue.
Modern day leather armor: motorcycle gear. You can expect Bored Reckless's character to be wearing something like this, I'll bet!  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:18 pm
Haru Yates

Kinda, most people who fought in wars where presents who didn't even have proper weapons, eventually spears became common because they are so cheep and take so little skill to use(mainly because of how long they are, and range is everything in a fight)
Sorry for nerding out

Yeah a shield could be nice for you 2, also some clothes are needed for some areas

BBS- doing stuff with the beta  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces