Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

MikeDrawl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:36 am
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
I have been part of this guild since last year's December. So, I've been here for 3 months.

2. How many posts have you made?
I've made 50 posts.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
I'm sorry, I have not.

4. Class you are applying for:
Transfiguration and Defence against Dark Arts.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Fearless, FearlessDare.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I wish to impart my knowledge of the subject(s) I'm teaching to my students.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
I will make sure that all my students hand in their homework. I'll give out weekly quizzes and test every time 3 or more topics are covered. I'll also make sure that the way I teach will not be boring.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
IceeWitch.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
Well, I have patience and I'm neat. I'm also often online on Gaia.

10. Anything else you would like to add: Nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application

With this account 3 months.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes for all class in previous term, but since i have a lot of RL homework, i don't send final test.

Muggle Studies

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Proffesor Hana Mischford
User name : Hana Mylova

Because i like the interaction that happens in this guild.

7. What will class be like under your instruction?
I will give homework that not all writing, i will ask them to give a picture or even provide me a song from some country and many more.

8. Can you give us any references ?
I have ask angilwingz for giving me this position and she agrees with me.

More creative juice in my brain whee

10. Anything else you would like to add:
xp

Hana Mylova

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:04 pm
I trust all of these applications are for the next term. It won't start immediately, so keep an eye on this subforum...

Jules4life_5: History of Magic? That should be interesting. I don't think I've ever seen someone attempt that one here. Go ahead.

kiki-the-super-kittycat: We've not had someone for charms for a while. You don't have a long-here reference person, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. When the next term starts feel free to set up your charms classroom.

FearlessDare: please choose one class only to begin with, okay? Once you have more experience in teaching perhaps you can take on two classes at once. For now, just one.

Hana Mylova: Oooh, Muggle Studies! This could be interesting. Go ahead then.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:55 pm

-Since February 2007

-I have enrolled in many classes and do my assignments on a regular basis. Although, its been kind of hard keeping up lately.

-Care of Magical Creatures and D.A.D.A

-Professor Clairion (Miss Love Tantei)

-I love teaching students and feel that it is necessary to pass on knowledge learned from the past to students of the present. Care of Magical Creatures is an amazing subject to learn and teach, as well as Defense Against the Dark Arts (even as I run out of stuff to teach for that class).

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
-As you can see in my current DADA classroom, all my lesson plans and homework will be of the same if I teach next term's D.A.D.A class plus I have already planned ahead what I'm going to teach for next term with a next level of difficulty called "D.A.D.A III : Intermediate/Advance". As for CoMC, I will teach students the basics like habitats, physical features, behavioral features, etc. I will also have student pick a creature in which they write up reports on how they interact with each other on a personal level (sort of like a journal of some sort).

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
-The Abdominal Snowoman (IceeWitch) and the wondrous Gryffindor Prefect (Animekitty47)

-Er...experience of three consecutive terms of teaching D.A.D.A with complete and utterly long finals and a giant stuffed platypus! (HUZZAH!)
((Plus an archive website for all lessons : as seen in >>here<<))

-*hugs to death*

Miss Love Tantei

MikeDrawl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:24 pm
Okay, I'll take Defence Against Dark Arts.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:30 am
I think ann should teaching DADA again, cause she's really good at it.  

Hana Mylova

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:15 pm
Alright, all applications that have been accepted (with a few exceptions) are ok'd. The next few applications won't be accepted until the 2008 Spring Term Calendar is released.
@Hana: If that was Miss Love's first choice I'm sure she'd get it.

Anyway we won't be granting two classes to teachers until 1) we're still looking for teachers (at this point give everyone a chance to see)
2) if (like Alutian said) we're certain they can handle it.
Now kiki-the-super-kittycat can't teach Charms because techpriest85 already applied for it. (He has to come and claim his position in the next week) If he doesn't claim his position then she can have it. However for the time being maybe she can apply for another class.

FearlessDare: Can we assume that Transfiguration is your first choice, if so then take it. D.A.D.A is still up for grabs right now because:

Miss Love Tantei's application won't be accepted right now because she's hugging people to death (joking, but let's hold off right now and see how the members respond)

The other choices are fine (and just to repeat Alutian) ok'd.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:40 pm

since like december or november
House elf class, and yes very diligent with homework. xd
Transfiguration
Proffesor Loveheart
I believe education is somewhat needed and when so it should be done right.
I cant think of much off the top of my head but.....

Lesson 1
1)What kind of spell would be used for Causeing an Animagus or transfigured object to assume its normal shape?
a)reducto
b)Homorphus Charm
c)expecto patronum
d)Horton-Keitch Braking Charm
2) Pick one of the following spells and write an essay about it including its description. min. word 25 max. 100 words.
a)Glisseo
b)Incarcerous
c)Levicorpus

[what class would be like under my instruction: each individual student would get the right amount of help on the assignments.]
jules4life_5 and aki sasaki
The ability to work hands on with each student individually. Whitch is very beificial! xd

P I N K Y - Platypus

Jules4life_5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:52 am
IceeWitch
Alright, all applications that have been accepted (with a few exceptions) are ok'd. The next few applications won't be accepted until the 2008 Spring Term Calendar is released.

Anyway we won't be granting two classes to teachers until 1) we're still looking for teachers (at this point give everyone a chance to see)
Now kiki-the-super-kittycat can't teach Charms because techpriest85 already applied for it. (He has to come and claim his position in the next week) If he doesn't claim his position then she can have it. However for the time being maybe she can apply for another class.

FearlessDare: Can we assume that Transfiguration is your first choice, if so then take it. D.A.D.A is still up for grabs right now because:

Miss Love Tantei's application won't be accepted right now because she's hugging people to death (joking, but let's hold off right now and see how the members respond)

so does that mean im accepted. im kinda confused if i am yip and thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:10 am
IceeWitch

Ok, So does that mean that I could teach Transfiguration?  

MikeDrawl

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:57 pm
To Jules4life and FearlessDare:

That means yes. You're both correct.

FearlessDare teaches Transfiguration (not DADA, unless you really love that more than Transfiguration)
Jules teaches History of Magic

Do not create classes just yet (well you can somewhere else, just not in the guild. There's a lot of last minute things going on)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:01 pm

To clear something else up:

Do not use me as a reference unless I've said
it is okay. (Don't worry if it's already been done but
in the future, I'd like to know where my name is being placed)

Secondly: I deleted Jules post (applications are not be taken just yet...the first group is okay, but wait)'

Because some people are applying for the same position and it is confusing the heck out of me... I may have everyone repost their application.

IceeWitch

P I N K Y - Platypus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:37 pm
Ok i have talked to professor adonisabout this already but im still confused and so i was hoping iceewitch could help. Here, as you may know on page 31 i applied for herbology not knowing there was already a teacher. (this was when i was a house elf hoping i would be sorted soon. The current herbology teacher said i could take over next term and so i waited until i got sorted so now im asking if not i will reapply to aomething later. And one more question.......when do classes start?

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games