Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Great British Tea Debate! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you regularly drink tea?
Yes, yes I do.
75%
 75%  [ 43 ]
No, no I do not.
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 57

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:50 pm
2 sugars and no milk, mmmmm tea.
I've usually got a cup of tea in my hand, when I don't have a pint.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:58 am
ice_illusion
I overdid the tea yesterday. >.< Didn't realise I had two teabags in the pot. I knew I would be pushing it even if I hadn't but...
So I'm a bit tired, due to the fact I was still very awake at 1.30 am.
It was stress related. Could have all been averted by having a chocolate stash but it was eaten. I didn't fancy trying to get the last crumbs out of the mousetraps.
It's currently 5 am here. Something tells me I'll be drinking lots of tea before the movie. (I'm going to see Narnia tonight.)  

Angilwingz

wodewose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:58 am
Just recently returned from the States, my goddess they can`t make tea to save their lives!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:07 am
wodewose
Just recently returned from the States, my goddess they can`t make tea to save their lives!

How did you find your stay?

...have you any tea-based horror stories to tell?

biggrin

Invictus_88
Captain

Shortt-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:43 pm
are we talking like earl grey/twinnings tea cos I prefer jasmine tea, very calming  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:04 am
Since I started dating my boyfriend (who is from Greater Manchester) I started drinking tea and now I like it more than coffee! Well instant coffee anyway. I like the PG Tips brand I think it's called.  

JazelleSparrow

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:23 pm
My Dad bought some crazy painkillers with paracetomal, aspirin and caffeine all in one pill. It's not really tea-related but whatever.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:20 pm
Autograph
I'd also like to note that we mean the good old 'tea-bagged' tea. Not green tea.

Or maybe both. Did the British orginally come up with greenie?

I used to work in a coffee/tea shop and the green tea that is bagged (that's how it is over here in America, not so sure about Britain) is very differant from the kind in Japan.

The bagged green tea leaves a light bitter taste and a pale green colour. The Japanese kind is much stronger, thicker, and a vibrant green. It's made with a powdered version of the tea.

Something else that may be of interest is that Black tea, Oolong tea, Green tea, and White tea are all made by the same tea leaves, just in differant stages of the plants' growth.  

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:27 pm
Timeless Visage
Foetus In Fetu
I like the smell of coffee but not the taste.

Nonsense! I'll find a cup of coffee you would love. They're are so many different flavours. It's just like tea. You can't dislike tea in general, just a certain flavour. There's bound to be one out there that someone would like!

I agree. There are many differant roasts of coffee. I always thought I hated coffee, but it was just because the kind I always tasted was the same stuff I didn't like. My favorite coffee is a roast called Guatumala-very tasty.

But I would take tea over coffee anytime. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:35 am
KaoriCeres
Something else that may be of interest is that Black tea, Oolong tea, Green tea, and White tea are all made by the same tea leaves, just in differant stages of the plants' growth.

I thought it was different leave and black tea was fermented.

Still, I'm no real authority on the matter.

Anyone know better?

Invictus_88
Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:17 am
Invictus_88
KaoriCeres

Anyone know better?

Tea's just tea.
RedBush tea is a completely different plant though.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:32 pm
Invictus_88
KaoriCeres

Anyone know better?

I know that white tea is made from the early stages of the leaves, and that green comes before black. I'm not sure where the oolong comes in (it's either before green or black). I used to work at a coffee/tea shop and in the storage room there was this information poster about tea that had what I just said. ^_^  

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Theta_Sigma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:39 pm
Hello, I'm new here, and I can't explain how much I LOVE Tea!!! It's so brilliant it deserves a capital 'T'. I drink it all the time, and believe that it is a British stereotype we should be proud of! I'll drink (Tea) to that!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:16 pm
KaoriCeres
Invictus_88
KaoriCeres

Anyone know better?

I know that white tea is made from the early stages of the leaves, and that green comes before black. I'm not sure where the oolong comes in (it's either before green or black). I used to work at a coffee/tea shop and in the storage room there was this information poster about tea that had what I just said. ^_^

That would make sense.

Has anyone mentioned Weasel Coffee yet?  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:15 pm
Weasel coffee?  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games