Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:15 pm
I agree. I propose an insta-ban on Rio, if only to prevent him from accessing additional material. I for one feel it should be executed (and he should as well, figuratively speaking), effective immediately.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:17 pm
I think Fargore does have a copyright to his ideas. I think we do have a supportable case.

In response to DM of Death's post, I thnk we should boot this guy out if he does not agree to close down his guild and allow us in his guild so we may be sure that he has stopped his plagarizing. I think we should at least give him a chance to correct his wrongdoings before we act and boot him out. He might be a young kid and not know that what he is doing is wrong.

Hopefully this dilema comes to an end soon.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:19 pm
I have to disagree, Perrian. As an artist (and sorta/not-really-but-kinda employee of Eroth Productions) I feel there should be absolutely no tolerance for plagiarism. It was grounds for immediate expulsion from the school I attended, it should be grounds for immediate expulsion here. I cannot begin to express how incredibly harmful it is. There can be no quarter given.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:20 pm
Well it may be to late on that one....

>_<

Got a little bit icthy on the trigger...

It's already done...  

DM of Death

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:23 pm
Oh, ok. I was just trying to think of both sides of the arguement, but I do agree that l.a.v. has a point. I guess his banning was in the best interest.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:26 pm
Thank you, Perrian.

Don't worry about it, AMP. If it is ever decided to let him back in, he can always be reinstated. For now it's best to keep him from doing further harm.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Yukia-PerrianDM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:31 pm
True, he can't cause anymore harm now. Though what he has done is already the worst of it. He already has all of the three announcements, that are in our system rules subforum, copied into his guild. Hopefully an effective matter to solve this problem is found. Another good think about us banning him from this guild is that he can't see what we are typing in this thread about him so he can't judge us or send random hate mails to the people talking about him here.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:36 pm
Random hate mail is the least of our concern. It's ineffective, and if he does it enough he can be reported to admin for it. Though I can understand why you'd want to avoid it.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:41 pm
DM of Death
Well it may be to late on that one....

>_<

Got a little bit icthy on the trigger...

It's already done...

stare Great there death, way to jump the gun. But I was going to give you permission anyway. I would be all for forgiving him but there is the risk that he could take more from the guild. Hopefully he is smart and removes the material like I asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:44 pm
I got invites one all three of my account to join his guild shall I join up so i can report whats going on in there?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:47 pm
I think so, Kail. I left that guild because I didn't want to be a crew in a guild that copied the RPS ideas. I think it might be to our best interests if one person was in there to report what's going on.

*pokes Fury and Djanni.* Here there be Dragons has started.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:54 pm
l.a.v.
I agree. I propose an insta-ban on Rio, if only to prevent him from accessing additional material. I for one feel it should be executed (and he should as well, figuratively speaking), effective immediately.
We're set to Private, not Hidden. As such, you don't need to be registered to read the forums. And, as has been said, he's copied everything already.
Kowsauni
I got invites one all three of my account to join his guild shall I join up so i can report whats going on in there?
A few of us are already quite aware. mrgreen  

Grand_Commander13

-A M P-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:05 pm
So when you guy's get around to publishing your system, Do we get credit for the submissions that we made?

Also, are we considered "playtesters" then?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:14 pm
I have to go eat and do some stuff I'll be back in a bit. Unless you specificly want one of us in there to spy on his activities and makes sure he deletes the stuff I'm not going to join.  

Kowsauni
Crew

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:15 pm
-A M P-
So when you guy's get around to publishing your system, Do we get credit for the submissions that we made?

Also, are we considered "playtesters" then?

You would be considered play testers but I would be happy to put everyone who helped make this possible in the thank you section of the book 3nodding , and if I have my way I will try to get some free copies out to some of you guys wink . If GC lets me. xd  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff