Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andreis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:35 am
Jeron 2
Andreis
Jeron 2
Thought I might post a picture of the army that I am working on right now. I know it is a crappy picture, I'm working on it.
User Image

Do you have a macro setting on your camera?

(Appears as a little flower button)

No, I took the picture with my webcam, but I am buying a digital camera within a week or two.

Ahh. And I am assuming your webcam doesnt have manual focus..  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:28 pm
Andreis
Ahh. And I am assuming your digital camera doesnt have manual focus..
See, when I take pictures of my models I have to use my father's digital camera, as that I don't have one of my own. The problem with that is that the camera has no manual focus, so I can't ever get pictures of my models that aren't blurred to Hell...  

Xenos Mortium

Andreis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:35 pm
Xenos Mortium
Andreis
Ahh. And I am assuming your digital camera doesnt have manual focus..
See, when I take pictures of my models I have to use my father's digital camera, as that I don't have one of my own. The problem with that is that the camera has no manual focus, so I can't ever get pictures of my models that aren't blurred to Hell...

Then you hold the button halfway down to find a focused distance.

Play with the settings and turn the picture resolution ALL the way up, if the picture is focused, then you should be able to zoom in on the models because of the sheer resolution.
Unless it is a REALLY old digicam.

And I meant webcam. Alot of wbcams have manual focus.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:33 pm
Jeron 2
Thought I might post a picture of the army that I am working on right now. I know it is a crappy picture, I'm working on it.
User Image
Thats thousand sons isn't it? Or is it black in colour? confused  

Jera_Laguz

Jera_Laguz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:01 pm
Just thought I would mention...

I have just finished my command squad for my chaos marines. Colour is based on the Extinction Angels from the painting guide at the back of Codex: Chaos Space Marines. My Lord was the hardest to convert. Firstly I had to order 3 seperate parts; Typhus' scythe, a marauder sprue and the old chaos lord plasma pistol. On top of that the new chaos lord. (the lord's power fist is used later) Firstly I have to remove Typhus' left hand from the scythe. I riskily used clippers (oh the folly of youth xd ) but luckily it came out fine and luckily the area had bandages so and joins looked like folds in the bandage/grip. Next I had to attach the arm. It has came off on several occasions though now its firmly on (i hope). Next I glued the plasma pistol on. Since the new lord and the old lord are pretty much the same it fitted with ease. Next was the marauders head. I chose the bearded/long hair marauder (on the sprue with the champions sword). This fitted easily and suits more than the new lords TINY head in my view (im fed up of marines fleshy parts looking way too small). Now since I was mounting my command squad on special bases (basically hacked at my 40k terrain from an old starter set and stuck it on bases) I had to remove some of the rubble the lords left leg is on, seeing as it was raised. So getting a church like arch, i tilted it on its side. Next I sawed through the lower part of rubble (yup, sawed) and then filed enough room out of the arch for the rubble to sit firmly. Now I painted. I went with liche purple for the main of the armour (warlock purple for highlights) and bleached bone for the armour trim. The rest of the army followed this original colour scheme. Now the bearded marauder had his skin done in a dawrf flesh, highlighted in elf flesh. The hair had to stand out from the armour. Always having a thing for the flamey orange/red hair of dwarf slayers he was given a bright ginger/red hair. His eyes are not too detailed, but were simply painted green, like other models in the army, however its minimal and hardly visable. The scythes shaft was painted bleach bone. I dry brushed the blade in tin bitz and then boltgun metal, highlighting with boltgun. I hightlighted some areas in shining gold however (the lord included). Next i painted runes (anglo-saxon runes) onto the blade in gore red. Once it had dried i went over the runes in flaming orange giving them a glowing effect and making the blade look like a truly special weapon (tbh the typhus scythe is underdone and looks like a scthe, not a daemon weapon). That was about it. Oh and his flag has a purple chaos star on it.

Now the first member of the Lords chosen is the model i call Horny. Unlike you sick perverted peeps its due to him having horns (from the mutation sprue). A quick conversion, i chopped off the horns and glued them onto the standard chaos marine without a helmet after chopping off his little bit of hair...no problems. No need for pinning and no need for green stuff. Next came the lord's fist conversion. Taking a chaos arm (cant remember which one), I cut the fore arm off to the elbow pad. Next I glued the power fist on. Using the chaos tank commanders elbow pad I gave the model a unique look. The body itself came from the tank commander. I simply trimmed the back piece down so a back pack could fit. This also gives the look of loose pipes etc. giving the model an old appearance.

Next came the fallen champion. My lord is named "Brun the Fallen" and thus he favours those who fall from high posistions in the imperium into the service of his dark gods. So I found an Emporers Champion in my bitz box (among the mauled marines, melted brettonians and badly damaged fantasy orcs *sniff* I miss ma green boyz!). I wanted to give the champion a clear mutation showing how he had lost all belief in the emporer. Using the HUGE arm on the mutation spure I glued it to his usual sword arm, putting a slightly damaged shoulder pad on to represent that the mutation had grown and destroyed his arm's armour. His empty arm was bare. I didnt want to give him a gun so i looked to the chaos marine command sprue. I cut off his fore arm and replaced it with the fore arm with the chaos power sword. Lastly there was the black templar necklace (i think). Only those truly in the full service could accompany my Lord! So taking clippers again, I clipped it off. Finding a plastic skull i halved it and glued it where the templar logo once was. The gods work was complete...the champion of the flase emporer had fallen to the lure of the dark gods! twisted

*cough* anyway next I needed two simple members of the squad. One with an assault weapon (never hurts to put a hole in some power armour before you assualt) so taking an old chaos havoc (rocket havoc) I added some spare bolter arms and gave him a plasma gun. Placing a back pack on him, he was a nice blend of old and new and gave him a vetran look but still didn't look like he had just came out of the heresy. Finally i need a combat marine. With about enough parts to make 8 khorne beserkers I decided not to field the beserkers. Fistly I find them to un-certain...if I wanted that I would have played orcs rofl Anyway I took a beserkers body and running legs. I glued them together and filed off and khorne symbols. Next I used a pair of chaos marine arms. I wanted the marine to hold a chain axe so had to remove a hand and slightly file it on one side so it sat on the arm at an angle. The standard left arm for the chaos marine held the top of the chain axe (i removed any mechanic pieces on the chain axe) and the right arm held the handle giving a nice swinging look. To finish him I added the simple single horn mutant head, giving a strong looking head to the marine.

All have different bases. I already said the lords. Horny is on a fallen wall (which is on an angle), the fallen chamion isnt mounted on a piece of scenery but casually walking past a piece of ruined building. The assault weapon marine is behind a fallen arch. (cover?) Finally the marine who used to be a beserker is mounted on a pillar giving him the look that he jumped from ruin to ruin giving him a predatory look (in my eyes).

Ill get pics asap...just need fathers camera...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:26 pm
Chaos Lord Mathis The Walking Plague.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

"Titan" the Defiler.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Mashed together "Bone Collectors" Troop Unit.
Just a fun picture.
User Image

These are some of the first models I ever did, hence no highlighting effects on the Chaos Lord or any other certain scheme of color. I have thought about going back over him over and over again, but hm, I'm fine with him. So lets all hear what we think.  

LCDHondaPunx

Jera_Laguz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:00 am
The only complaint I have is that the lord model has just been slapped onto the steed. You could have at least used biker legs or something like that. It looks too fake to me. However the paint scheme is nice. Gritty but then again its nurgle! The defiler is nice too though a tad plain. If you have the time, I'd suggest modelling some nurgle symbols in green stuff and maybe some hives similar to typhus'. Other than that its nice! Now the plauge marine troops...they are actually pretty nice, seeing you followed a traditional plauge marine colour cheme of a dirty white/grey (yes that was their colour when the old models were painted by GW. Note the ye olde plauge marine in the lower left of the pic. Old back pack, old model). Its eddective! All i'd say is the silver on the back packs is too bold. Paint it in tin bitz then go and dry brush boltgun.

Tip: My brother had plauge marines. He gave them an amazing effect. Get a large brush though not a tank brush. Dip the tip in the ink. Now hold back the hairs of the brush and then...RELEASE! Splatters of green or brown everywhere. Keep doing it. In both colours. Suddenly...ta-da! You got a rotting effect!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:28 am
I enjoy that affect. I did it with a tooth brush, though, just because I'm too impacient to use anything smaller than that.  

LCDHondaPunx

Krovox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:37 pm
Jera_Laguz
Jeron 2
User Image

Yes those are the Thousand Sons  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:46 pm
I've always agreed that my Lord just looks stuck on there...And hm. I've never thought about using biker legs. Though, I probably will not be remodeling him, just because he was one of my favorite firsts. -smiles-

I could do more to the defiler, no doubt. Some pussing sores would be a nice touch. When I get the time, I will most definitely taint it a bit more.

As for the picture of that unit. Ah, well. As you can see. There are a few primed black men in there, that shouldn't be. But yes. I stuck with that off-white color. I appreciate the fact that the original Death Guard were white and tend to keep them this way. They're a unit of twenty troop, all with bolters. Most enjoyable when I get to roll 40 dice for rapid fire. Makes me smile inside.  

LCDHondaPunx

Andreis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:15 am
LCDHondaPunx
I've always agreed that my Lord just looks stuck on there...And hm. I've never thought about using biker legs. Though, I probably will not be remodeling him, just because he was one of my favorite firsts. -smiles-

I could do more to the defiler, no doubt. Some pussing sores would be a nice touch. When I get the time, I will most definitely taint it a bit more.

As for the picture of that unit. Ah, well. As you can see. There are a few primed black men in there, that shouldn't be. But yes. I stuck with that off-white color. I appreciate the fact that the original Death Guard were white and tend to keep them this way. They're a unit of twenty troop, all with bolters. Most enjoyable when I get to roll 40 dice for rapid fire. Makes me smile inside.

WHat is your lord riding?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:46 am
Andreis
LCDHondaPunx

WHat is your lord riding?
Its an ogre kingdom steed i think...though in game terms it is a chaos steed.  

Jera_Laguz

Jera_Laguz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:52 am
Jeron 2
Jera_Laguz
Jeron 2
User Image

Yes those are the Thousand Sons
Ah the lighting/camera have made it look black and yellow  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:07 pm
Here we go, a selection of models i've been working on over the last few weeks (bearing in mind i'm also being a nutter doing a 2000 pts vampire count army and a 1500 black templar army too!) I need a better camera, I think this one doesn't do the models justice sad

Tyranid Trygon mmm^^
User Image

User Image

and some skaven for my mordheim warband

User Image

User Image  

Dark Lore

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games