Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:30 pm
{{This is the closest image I could find for 1800. This was painted of Vienna in 1750.

User Image
}}  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:31 pm
Jessi_Deramis
{{Here's an example of what Daniel and Jessi could be seeing! Vienna, Austria, St. Stephen's Cathedral. Though there were a lot more pigeons when I visited there...

User Image
}}

{{ That is the exact photo I was using to draw inspiration from. 4laugh }}  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 pm
{{lol!! Awesome! There will probably be a lot of pigeons nearby, and they're actually quite friendly. They don't get scared of people going near them because there are always people nearby. Also, at least when I was there, the ceiling of the cathedral was constructed with green metal shingles. Not sure what those are called... but I don't know if it'd be that way in 1800 or not. Also, if they happen to go inside, there's this ancient-type of smell in there. It's not like anything here. It's kind of like when you open a really old book, but it's even older. It even has a sweet smell to it. And when you sing (I went around Austria and Germany performing with my college choir), the sound bounces back to you as if you have a duplicate standing right next to you singing those same words. I'm sure it'd be the same way with talking, too, though we didn't speak until right before we performed. It's very holy and beautiful in there and it almost seems wrong to talk.}}  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:43 pm
{{And you know, I'm not sure if that's the front of the cathedral or not. It looks like that front of the building is attached to the cathedral, but I swear the cathedral has to be behind that building b/c the front of the cathedral looks nothing like that. I should upload some of my pictures from it... But, there are big black double doors in front and no windows. That building in front of it looks almost like a store front... So I'm thinking the cathedral has to be behind that building.}}  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:10 pm
Daniel let the paper fall back to the ground, and turned to gaze out at the street and let his cane tap on the stone of the walk.

"It's okay. Take your time. It struck me a little wonky the first time I realized what I was doing, too. But it does help if you simply accept it, and move on to the fun parts."

Daniel spun back around, lifting a hand to steady his tall hat and keep it from tipping over. He smiled as he put a hand behind Jessi's back and slowly coaxed her out into the open. He began a lazy walk along the street, letting her soak it all in.

"And we can go anywhere. Visit anyone. I've spent the last couple of months ingratiating myself into the local social circles, which was an interesting test of my socail abilities if I do say so. But now I, Admiral Daniel von Sternschritter, am close friend to many well to do persons of Austrian society."

Daniel stopped for a moment in front of the hotel he had indicated eariler, tipping his hat to a couple passing by.

"In fact, we have been personally invited by my friend Ludwig to attend a performance at the K.K. Theater an der Burg. He's premeiring some new performance of his. He's pretty good too. But that's not for another few hours, judging by the sun. Until then, what would you like to do?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:28 pm
{{Have to go to the chiropractor after this, but I'll be back later. smile }}

Jessi must have looked like a fool as Daniel began to lead her around. Her mouth was still agape and her eyes were huge as they tried to take everything in. The cathedral looked familiar... and yet it didn't. It almost seemed smaller. The people around them were smaller. Jessi and Daniel were quite tall compared to them.

She turned her head to look at Daniel when he said he had spent the last couple of months here in Austria, getting to know people. "But how... why did you pick here a couple of months ago? I mean, why did you specifically pick Austria to come to for the past two months?"

When she heard that 'Ludwig' had invited him to a performance at the K.K. Theater an der Burg, her second-favorite performance area in Vienna, second only to the opera house, Kärntner Straße, she looked at Daniel as if his head were to explode.

"No fricking way.... do NOT tell me that we are actually going to go see Beethoven in a few hours..." If he was considered big in America, he was considered an absolute legend in Vienna. They had a museum for him and even had an ice cream named after him.

{{Be back soon!}}  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:38 pm
Jessi_Deramis
When she heard that 'Ludwig' had invited him to a performance at the K.K. Theater an der Burg, her second-favorite performance area in Vienna, second only to the opera house, Kärntner Straße, she looked at Daniel as if his head were to explode.

{{ Jessi might be a might disappointed since she won't get to visit the Opera House. Construction on that won't even begin for another 61 years. sweatdrop }}

Daniel kept smiling as he and Jessi resumed their stroll down the bustling street. He was glad that the shock of travelling here was already wearing off, being instead replaced by an astonished amazement that he himself could remember from his first days after waking.

"Well, I did ask you if you recall. You said Vienna would be your preferred destinatino of choice. When you went on about the music and culture, however unintentionally, I figured I'd look up when those two facets were at their peek. Et voilà. And I had assumed you, having expressed such interest in the arts, would be familiar with Herr Beethoven. Cheeky fellow at times, though."

Daniel turned the pair of them around a corner. The road narrowed only slightly, but the volume of traffic decreased noticably. A look of recognition came over Daniel's face as he pointed gingerly down ahead of them.

"And that's why I chose the particular hotel back there to base out of. It's an extension from the royal libraries. Lots of good books in there. When I wasn't courting favor with the royal family's relatives, or waxing philosophical over cups of very black coffee with Ludwig, I was in there. Blissful, quiet, knowledge."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:53 pm
{{...Awww! Saaaad!! sad }}

Jessi blushed and looked down as they continued to walk along the street. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You... You came here and did all of that because I said I loved Vienna so much? Wow. Daniel, I don't know what..."

She looked up and tilted her head in confusion. "But wait. That still doesn't make sense. I didn't even know you two months ago. So how and why did you come here two months ago when we didn't even know each other?"  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:23 pm
Daniel's smile slipped slightly, and his face scrunched a little bit as he obviously began thinking on Jessi's question. He had never had to really explain the mechanics of his travelling to anyone but himself. And since he was the relative constant in all those exploits, it was easier to understand.

"Ah. Yes, that gets a little, interesting. I can try to explain it, but most sources that I have read on seem to suggest that many people have difficulty with the relativity of things."

Sinking into thought for a moment more, Daniel mumbled to himself and nodded his head a bit as he placed his words into the best possible arrangement.

"Okay. So, after our conversation, I spent a day researching Vienna. Then I popped around randomly for a few days until I managed to get here. It then took only a jump or two before I got the right time frame. So then I spent the next few months making friends. Once I was ready, I travelled back to Aqua Springs just a few minutes after I left. Make sense?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:28 pm
((Clear as mud, dude, clear as mud. lol ))  

rodenrock

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:57 pm
{{I thought that's what happened, but I wanted to make sure! And Jessi would have wondered, too. Thanks FireSpark. smile }}

Jessi thought about it for a moment and then a small, understanding smile began to appear on her face.

"... Oh! I should have thought of that before... So, you did leave after you talked with me, but when you finally picked the right time, you came to this location only two months before we are right now. So, while you were spending two months time here in Vienna, it was still in the past, so it didn't affect our present back at Aqua Springs. It was still in the past. Then, all you had to do was make sure you arrived back at AS before you came and got me to come here, and it was like you never left... right? So technically, you could spend years here but have it only seem like a few seconds in our present time?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:10 pm
Daniel ran over everything Jessi said a second time, making sure he had understood all the tensing correctly, his eyes slightly moving and bobbing as he did. Finally he gave a small smile and a nod.

"Yes. Exactly. So now that we've got that cleared up, onto the really important stuff. Like, what would you like to see? There's palaces, and gardens, and garrisons. Though I'm not a hundred percent certain I could get you in there, but there's a pretty good chance, if you wanted. But whatever you are wanting, just say it, and we'll do it."

Daniel smiled broadly as he gestured around, taking in the surrounding sights, feeling very good about himself. Then something went off in the back of his head and his smile dropped as his face flushed. He cleared his throat to speak, but couldn't bring himself to turn to face Jessi.

"Buh. That, uh. is to say...I'm uh..heh."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:54 pm
Jessi grinned broadly. She was so happy she had understood what had happened! It was complex, and her head hurt a little bit after thinking of time in the type of context Daniel was now used to, but she had understood it!

She looked around in amazement, finally feeling like she could enjoy everything. Time traveling... it had always been her dream to do so, but obviously she had never even dreamed that it was possible. Now, here she was, standing in her favorite city in the world centuries in the past.

"Daniel, this is absolutely incredible! I can't believe you're a time traveler! This is amazing!! I'd say we should visit Shonbruun Palace, but it's quite a ride over there and we wouldn't make it back in time for the performance. Plus, I performed in front of the palace with my college choir {{Really did! biggrin }}, so I'm pretty sure I've already experienced the best that place has to offer, short of actually being able to spend the night there. I know that's not possible, though."

She turned and looked at Daniel. "Why don't we check into our rooms at the hotel? We can get settled..."

She frowned slightly when she saw that Daniel's back was to her, and then she heard him start to mumble something.

"Daniel, are you okay?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:09 pm
"Hmm, what? Oh, me. I'm fine, nothing to mind about."

Daniel stopped their progress down the street. If Jessi really wanted to go to the hotel, it was back the other way.

"Well, I suppose we could go to the hotel, though there isn't any checking in needed. The suite I had been using, barely as it was, is still in my charge. Are you needing a moment to sit or rest? I didn't mean to start dragging you all over right away if you were tired."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:11 pm
Jessi looked at Daniel sceptically for a few moments before she relaxed a little bit and smiled.

"Well, if it's still under your name, then, then we don't have to check in. Hmm.. Let's go to a cafe! They... did have those on the corners back in 1800, right? I love Vienna's pastas and pastries!"  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games