Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:47 am

Lt. Brookman
I have a briefcase full of guts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAs2EXsHfMg
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:47 am

******** people scare me.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:07 am

Syumerrt
Hmm by the way I'm planning on making a futuristic roleplay, just wondering what sort of name I could use for the two factions, one I thought would be the Terran Coalition, not sure if that sounds like a good name ((Earth and their allies.)), followed by Mars and their allies. Mars government wise is runned by a royal family, still trying to think of a name for them, definetly sure that the Martian Republican Empire is a good name, so any ideas. As for the terrans, their government is a rather larger council, with a headman.
As for how the war starts, I was planning a prologue with people roleplaying NPCs for this, with a terrorist group being used by the leader of Mars ((it's actually a false terrorist group.)), the group actually is made up of Martians, what happens is one group slaughters out right a whole compound full of innocence Martian civilians on a neutral planet, followed by another group destroying a cruise ship in orbit, also filled with Martian civilians, the last act which I wonder if it would be smart, is that the father has his own heir killed, now the the two groups and the assassins all have terran weapons and armors so it looks as if the Terrans have supported these attacks, which causes said war to start, as this happens a few years after a war had already happened between the two factions, the two groups had been at a neutral planet, the same one where a cease fire agreement had been signed at the end of the war, the planet originally had been Terran when Martians had occupied it, and once it became neutral both sides had flocked to it, as like Mars itself it is a resource rich world.

So what do you guys think?

I like the idea.
I'd gladly join if you made it, I've got a good character in mind, a bit like the Arbites, but a bit more secret, some where between them and the Inquisition.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:43 am

Caleidah
Lt. Brookman
I have a briefcase full of guts.

whee

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:25 am

I may or may not end up removing someone from the userlist in the next day or so.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:39 am

Kick Ben Cook.

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:49 am

Jason Kharo
Kick Ben Cook.

Was booted and I allowed him back in to have another swing at things.

Honestly, his posts make him feel like a 4chan troll at times, but I have faith that you'll rise out of that, Ben. That's also why I said:

"I like Ben. Eh is a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything."
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:59 pm

One more one word post, and I'm going to find out where he lives and rip his eyes out.

I'm tired, night all.

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Well for anyone interested here is my roleplay, probably going to expand a bit on the information with the factions' governments.
Crimson Void IC thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:24 am

To those of you who frequent the guild, I have a blog!

http://caleidah.blogspot.com/?zx=bc3c622e78ef801f

It's still pretty fledgling, but I'm using it to keep track of my late night musings. There may or may not be some 40k stuff later on.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:49 am

I used to blog, until I got annoying, forgetful and boring. Don't become like me! gonk
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:18 am

Caleidah

eek eek eek
My god, the bolters we know were made in the 30th millennium, but we're basically making slower firing bolters.
That is crazy.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 am

You see bolters, I see another perfectly good device for stupid soldiers to incur friendly fire incidents with a new method of hurting people.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 am

I see a weapon that's in testing. Like many other weapons this one may or may not ever make it to the front lines due to;

A) Complexity of the weapon. How complex is it? Is it worth the time spent manufacturing it?

B) Cost. How much does it cost? The ammo it fires, how much does that cost? It could very well be too expensive to realistically use.

C) How reliable is it? Is it going to survive use in a desert? In the harsh cold? Will it live getting wet?

Chances are B is going to the the main problem with development. All they're get from this is knowledge and that's it.
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games