Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Royal Mail is having a lot of strikes lately, so I'm guessing that could be a reason to send things out early, along with all the other manic mailing that happens around December.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:51 pm

What she said, it's not easy shipping things to the UK when the postal services are striking so often for no real reason other than for the sake of striking. At least I can do the paperwork myself with the parcels, seeing as my store is also a small post office, less hassle that way for sure.

I'm going to try and get the last things this Wednesday, then toss them out at the end of the week, solving all my problems. Then we start the game of seeing if I get anything in return. crying

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:57 pm

D'awww.. ):
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm still waiting for my birthday present and it's my birthday again in five months. talk2hand

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:10 pm

In other news: I got a replacement graphics card. It's broken as well. I must've done something really horrible to deserve this kind of hellish customer service.

Faulty wiring, it works and I'm enjoying MW2 to the fullest. It's okay so far, nothing supra-special.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Ok, I would love to know why the general mass of literate roleplayers on Gaia are constantly upping their standard? Seriously it's beginning to tick me off that nearly every good literate roleplay I find has been upping their standards, and I rarely ever meet them, which has caused me to be knocked back to a lot of the god awful semi literate roleplay crap on Barton, or creating my own roleplay which have all failed miserably, as I only ever seem to get either two or five people, and usually only me and maybe two others, mainly one post often.

Syumerrt

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Syumerrt
Ok, I would love to know why the general mass of literate roleplayers on Gaia are constantly upping their standard? Seriously it's beginning to tick me off that nearly every good literate roleplay I find has been upping their standards, and I rarely ever meet them, which has caused me to be knocked back to a lot of the god awful semi literate roleplay crap on Barton, or creating my own roleplay which have all failed miserably, as I only ever seem to get either two or five people, and usually only me and maybe two others, mainly one post often.

Suck it up and push the button on your own posting?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Yeah, thanks Caleidah....

Syumerrt

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:22 am

Bad Paul! scream
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Kaori Kapoigne
Bad Paul! scream

What? I've had to do the same thing in my posting in RPs over time.

Syumerrt, the best thing that you can do is try to keep pace with the people that you're RPing with without going too much outside of your comfort zone. In RPs when there's a lot of dead space (aka down time, exposition, intermediary scenario, etc) my posts tend to be shorter. When there's action or actual reason for it, I can explode out and write a s**t-ton.

To quote my favorite teacher from high school:
Mark Adams
Make it like a girl's skirt. Long enough that it covers everything but short enough that it keeps everyone's attention.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Hmm by the way I'm planning on making a futuristic roleplay, just wondering what sort of name I could use for the two factions, one I thought would be the Terran Coalition, not sure if that sounds like a good name ((Earth and their allies.)), followed by Mars and their allies. Mars government wise is runned by a royal family, still trying to think of a name for them, definetly sure that the Martian Republican Empire is a good name, so any ideas. As for the terrans, their government is a rather larger council, with a headman.
As for how the war starts, I was planning a prologue with people roleplaying NPCs for this, with a terrorist group being used by the leader of Mars ((it's actually a false terrorist group.)), the group actually is made up of Martians, what happens is one group slaughters out right a whole compound full of innocence Martian civilians on a neutral planet, followed by another group destroying a cruise ship in orbit, also filled with Martian civilians, the last act which I wonder if it would be smart, is that the father has his own heir killed, now the the two groups and the assassins all have terran weapons and armors so it looks as if the Terrans have supported these attacks, which causes said war to start, as this happens a few years after a war had already happened between the two factions, the two groups had been at a neutral planet, the same one where a cease fire agreement had been signed at the end of the war, the planet originally had been Terran when Martians had occupied it, and once it became neutral both sides had flocked to it, as like Mars itself it is a resource rich world.

So what do you guys think?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:30 pm

I had to deal with a ******** t**t today.

So, I'll start off with this comment: If you are the boyfriend of a girl that I am friends with, stop treating me like an enemy. If I'm really her friend, I know my place is just there. As her friend. Don't hold yourself over me for any reason or I will make you hurt.

Met up with two friends. One has been a close friend since about fourth grade, and I'd say that she's one of my best female friends. The other is her roommate, who I've gotten to be a good friend of. I met the two of them and the roommate's boyfriend for dinner. Guy. Was. A. d**k.

We ended up talking Warhammer, and he was absolutely adamant that, when new codices come out, they're absolutely unstoppable until the next codex comes out. d**k was adamant that my CSM list wouldn't be able to take down MechGuard or Space Wolves. And he kept pronouncing Daemons as "Day-mons" which pissed me right the ******** off.

Later on, they all came by medieval combat club. One of the guys there happened to be from his hometown and knew that the guy was a serious rhinohider*. So I made it my prerogative to make him hurt and take his hits. Caught him squarely across the back with my weapon and it was loud to the point that people watching from a good distance away winced. The sound was mostly due to his jacket, but he felt it.

*Rhinohider: Noun. A d**k in medieval combat sports that does not take his hits. Should be beaten into a pulp whenever possible.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 am

I have a briefcase full of guts.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:44 am

Lt. Brookman
Pushing hard for employee of the month?

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:08 am

Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Pushing hard for employee of the month?
I'll divide you into pieces
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games