Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:47 pm
*feeling unhappy with her picture Sakura tore it from her sketchpad and crumpled the art paper into a ball before throwing it onto the ground. She took a mouthful of her drink and leaned back on her chair and stretched wondering what to draw then once she settled back into her seat, taking the pencil in hand once more she began to sketch the inside of MW and Aqua Springs from what she remembered from her precious visits and skipped song on her iPod to the next track*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:48 pm
{{User Image
Alright... I think I'm done for the night.... maybe.}}

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:57 pm
*after awhile sitting there drawing places she had been in town, Sakura began to feel a little restless so pocketing her iPod and sketchbook she decided to go take another look around town in the hopes of finding something interesting to do as she was still new in town. Getting from her chair and putting her cask into the fridge she locked the door and decided to make her fist stop MW*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:52 am
{{Continuing from here. This night is turning out to take quite a while sweatdrop }}

*Nodding again, Ryzan closes his eyes and peers into Tes' mind. It's a task that proves to be much easier with him than most, largely due to how close the two are both figuratively and literally. With Tes currently accessing the memory, its the first thing he comes across. The visuals are a bit blurred as the memory plays, especially things that are not focal points, and some of the colors are faded whereas others are rather vibrant... ones that he remembers the most clearly being the most vivid. This is all normal when it comes to viewing memories, though Ryzan is surprised that some things are as clear as they are, given just how long ago this had happened.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The memory starts with seeing Ryzan as a child, a plush doll about half his size slung over one arm, his other hand clinging to his mother's skirt as he peaks out from behind her leg. He looks a bit scared and there's a small bandage on his cheek.*
tch.... mama's boy stare

"Do not look at dalharuk that way. This is all your own fault."
*Tes rolls his eyes.*
"Why were you having a little kid look after the place anyway? You were practically begging to be robbed. stare "
"Only by cretins as lowly as yourself."
What the hell is a 'cretin'?
"If you no longer have the merchandise you stole and your ilhar will not pay for your actions, then I will have to put you to work until you have paid off your debt."
"tch... for your information, I stole jewelry, not 'merchandise' talk2hand And I don't get why you care so much about it anyway. I only got enough silver pieces for a couple loaves of bread from that junk."

*L'istnada's eyes grow wide with rage, her hands clenching into fists. When she starts to shout at him, Ryzan flinches and ducks back behind her.*
"You mean to tell me you sold my diamond studded platinum collection for SILVER!!!? scream I have encountered some -real- mal'ain in my time, jhal -you- stressed ...... even those disgusting ogres in the foreign quarter know better."
"ha! Goes to show what -you- know. The guy I sold them to said he was actually giving me a good deal talk2hand "
*The woman grits her teeth and pinches the bridge of her nose.*
"Even under my employ you are going to be a burden. I can see it already."
"Newsflash, old lady! I ain't working for you!"
"Xas, you will, whether you like it or not."
"pft... there's no way you can make me so don't kid yourself."

*Tes crosses his arms and glares up at L'istnada. She glares right back, then takes a step to the side. Her expression softens as she kneels and faces Ryzan.*
"Dalharuk... you know the way home from here, right?"
Ryzan squeezes his doll and nods.
"How about you go and start cleaning your room to make space for Quortek?"
*Ryzan frowns and shakes his head, looking as if he's about to cry and points at the bandage on his cheek. It's a scratch he had gotten when Tes threw one of the jewelry displays at him for calling L'istnada to the front of the shop during his failed robbery.*
"Ol zhah jugare. He will not hurt you again. I will make sure of it. Now go on. I will be there shortly."
*He pouts and nods, dragging his feet as he walks away. After a few steps, he looks back at his mother who smiles at him reassuringly.*
"Go on, sweetheart."
*Frowning, he turns back around, looks at the ground and takes off. L'istnada stands and waits for Ryzan to be out of sight, then suddenly reaches over and grabs Tes roughly by the ear.*
"Dosib uoi'nota! gonk "
"Come with me."
*Without waiting for him to respond, she drags him along by his ear, leading him up a hill and to a ledge near the outskirts of the city before finally letting go. Immediately, he holds his hand up to his throbbing ear and hisses. The sound of flowing water can faintly be heard.*
"You -will- work for me..... or I will kill you."

"pft... yeah right rolleyes "
*Tes looks down at his feet for a while, rubbing his pained ear, then looks back up at L'istnada. Her expression was now unlike any he had seen her with before. It was not one of anger or annoyance or any expression she had used with her son. This time, it was cold and dead. Getting a chill up his spine, he instinctively takes a step back.*
... she's bluffing. She has to be. There's just no way she'd do that. I'm only a kid...
*Despite being convinced she's just saying that to make him agree, there's an uneasy feeling that he finds hard to shake. Even so, he plants his feet to the ground and stares her in the eye, figuring he'll call her bluff.*
"Do it. mad "

*Her eyes widen for a moment, her lifeless gaze breaking.*
ha... I knew it twisted
"You truly wish to die?"
"Sure, why not? I ain't got a family. No home, no money... don't even got food mosta the time. No one's gonna miss me or even notice I'm gone. Might as well up and die. You might even be doing some a favor by it."

*L'istnada closes her eyes and sighs. At this point, Tes believes he has completely called her bluff and feels pretty smug. However, when the woman reopens her eyes, there is that frigid expression once more. Before Tes even has time to do so much as second guess himself, she grasps the front of his shirt and hurls him over the ledge. He doesn't fall far before managing to latch onto a protruding edge, but there isn't enough room for him to pull himself up. All he can do is cling for dear life. Filled to the brim with fear and panic, he looks down below, hoping the bottom isn't really that far or that there was enough water below to ensure a safe enough landing, but the water directly below is shallow with rocks jutting upward from the surface. Hyperventilating, he looks back up and sees L'istnada standing there just staring down at him with the same dead look in her eyes.*

"What are you doing!!? scream gonk "
"I am the one who should be asking that of you. You wished to die, xas? All that is required of you is to let go."
"Th.... This isn't going to bring your stupid jewelry back!!"
"Nau it is not, rilu'oh I -can- sell your corpse for research to at least earn back some of what I lost as opposed to leaving with nothing."

*Tes looks up at her in disbelief.*
"... you... you can't.... you can't do this..."
*L'istnada just continues to stare at him, then turns her back and begins walking away.*
"Wait! Where are you going!?"
"I wish to have my money as soon as possible. Instead of lingering about until you let go, I believe it would be a better use of my time to begin the journey to the bottom so that I may collect your corpse. I am sure you will have run out of strength by then."
"Wait!! Stop!! Come back!!"

*He can hear that L'istnada's footsteps have neither stopped or slowed and just continued to get further away. His entire body is shaking violently and he can already feel his arms starting to fatigue.*
"Please come back! Please!!"
*Not hearing her stop, he bursts into tears.*
"Please! I'm.... I'm scared.... I don't wanna die!!"

*L'istnada's footsteps come to a halt, then gradually start coming back toward him. When she comes back into view, she just stands there, staring.*
"I'm scared....."
*Tes speaks with a whimper in his voice, genuinely afraid. L'istnada's expression finally softens and she lays flat on the ledge, reaching out to him. He takes her arm and she helps him up. Immediately upon reaching safety, he hugs his knees to his chest and cries into them, shaking uncontrollably.*

"It is alright to be afraid. You are still just a child. There are many things in life you have yet to experience. Rilu'oh..."
*She reaches into a pocket sewn into her skirt and pulls out a handkerchief, offering it to him.*
"... with no one to look after you, you will need to learn how to take care of yourself and grow up mzilt quicker than others."
*Tes continues to hug his knees, not taking the handkerchief even though he desperately needed it.*
"It isn't my fault. It's not fair."
*He hugs his knees more tightly and buries his face against them, his words getting muffled by it.*
"It's not fair."
*L'istnada lets out an exasperated sigh and drops the handkerchief on top of his head before standing and brushing herself off.*
"You will come to know that there are many injustices in life. You either learn to live with them... or you die."
*As clean as she's going to get, she straightens out her dress and begins to walk away.*
"The next time I see you in my shop, it had best be because you are ready to work. I trust you already know the way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:57 am
*When the memory has finished, Ryzan's eyes open wide with shock. His mother had never treated him that way, and though she had always seemed more harsh on Tes, he would have never thought she would have actually done something like that.*
".... gi ussta...."

*Tes scratches the back of his head and looks down over the ledge they are sitting so close to.*
"In hindsight, I suppose in her own twisted way, she was trying to help me. I really couldn't wrap my mind around it at the time, though. After taking the time to think about it, the lesson I ended up pulling out of the whole ordeal was that I was right. No one was going to miss me or notice I was gone. Just like that, I could be erased from existence and nothing would be any different. The only reason I was alive was because I was too afraid to die."
"That.... that is terrible. So you came to live with us because you were afraid?"
"Pretty much."

*Ryzan hangs his head and frowns, looking over the ledge as well.*
"And that is why this place is significant to our relationship? Because you would not have lived with us if she had not thrown you over?"
"Sort of.... that's only half of it actually. I felt you would have to know that first before you could fully understand the next part..."

*He squeezes Ryzan's hand and turns his head toward him*
"Years later, after your mum had kicked me out because of the rumors and gossip she was hearing, I found myself standing on that ledge again.... this time alone. That's the other memory I want to show you."
*Ryzan glances off to the side a moment, then back at Tes.*
"I am ready when you are."
*He kisses Ryzan's hand and begins thinking back to that moment. Ryzan closes his eyes and once again peers into Tes' mind*

{{To be continued... simply because I already wrote a lot today sweatdrop }}  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:14 am
((OK....I'm confused and it might be due to all the meds for this sinus infection......but how can Amy be mad at dame for trying to get Mitri to notice Miru and then turn around and basically do the same thing by suggesting that Mitri date a "slightly older woman." He's in high school still, for crying out loud! stressed ))  

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:17 am
((shrugs..no idea, but I wasn't paying attention at the time either sweatdrop ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 am
((Hi, Sakura! Good to see some new faces around here. Once I get to feeling better later, I'll be in MW.....I'm the 2nd in command under Psyzapp. wink I was gone at an anime convention all weekend so I wasn't online at all the the entire time.))  

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:40 am
(( no problem =^.^= so long as you had fun then it's all good))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:05 pm
(( stare Tes, I'm gonna get you! evil And your little grunny too! stressed ))  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:47 am
{{Okay, I'll answer the question. I like questions. Amy is being slightly hypocritical. I tried to make that clear. I think I even had her roll her eyes at herself or something in my post. I don't think she or Dame were in the right. I think they were both wrong. Although, Amy didn't try to physically shove someone into Mitri. I felt bad for both Mitri and Miru there. But I've tried to point out some of Amy's flaws without being too ridiculously obvious about it. I like RPing as flawed characters.}}

{{I'm sorry if I seemed to get upset on Sunday. I refused to keep responding because I knew it could get ugly, so I opted to remain silent after my last OoC comment. It's hard to ONLY receive negative comments on scenes you post. I either get no comments or negative ones. This is the only place I get negative comments on my RPing, so I need to develop a thicker skin. I would also appreciate it if only negative comments are going to be mentioned, then please don't say anything. It also affects the person I'm RPing with. Thank you.}}

{{I do really like questions, though, so please feel free to keep asking me them. Thanks!}}  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:09 am
{{Every character in the roleplay is flawed [except me. I'm perfect cool ]. Some are more flawed than others, and it manifests itself in different ways. Now, believe it or not, people have been quiet about most of your scenes for some time in OOC, having already adopted your proposed, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" concept. dame mistakenly felt that it was okay to start making comments again and opened up the forum for others to do so. To make matters worse, you noticeably brought the frustration at dame's initial OOC into your character's actions, which is a lot harder to stay quiet about than just thinking your character's actions are quirky.

However, I do agree that it would be best for everyone to return to the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" policy, at least when it comes to you and your scenes since it seems to frustrate you more than others and it has a negative impact on the story and your character interactions. In the instance that someone does say something you don't like, I suggest to just try to ignore it. If you do what you do for fun and you think it makes sense for your character, then don't pay any attention to what everyone else says and just keep doing what you're doing. If they don't like it, they can just not read it.}}

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 pm
{{Well, I wouldn't want to affect what everyone else does as far as not being able to comment on one specific person's post if it wasn't ALWAYS negative. I haven't seen one positive comment on something Amy does or says or, now that he's with Amy now, Karrie, either. Are you telling me that both of them only do things that bring up a negative comment? Nothing worthy of a positive compliment? You know, I'm not this person who can't hear anything negative or constructive. I'm a lot thicker-skinned than a lot of people, but when it's negative all the time, then that bothers me.

So, yeah, if nothing positive can be said amongst the negative comments, I'd prefer nothing be said. I like questions, I'm happy to answer them. But can we just back off of the negativity, please? I think we're all supposed to have fun here, not take it too seriously. No drama.

This also goes for other people, too, not just me. If negative comments are used excessively with someone and no positive comments are used every once in awhile, well, I don't think that's very conducive for happy RPing experiences. Everything in moderation, please. smile }}  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:19 pm
((I think one of the things that is missing here is that a lot of comments are said directly to the person. I don't know if many people know this, but, at least me personally, I talk to almost every one of the people I rp with on some form of messenger. Usually while I am rping with them. So I make comments on just about what everyone does. I comment on Tes's characters, Psy, Kat, Kits' characters, Leko's and so on. Because I talk to them all the time. To the people who aren't currently on a messenger at the time, or that I do not talk with on an IM, I either keep it to myself, or if I think it needs to be said or is funny, I comment on the thread. I thought I had made it clear that I was not trying to be mean in anyway. I apologize if what I said was taken offense to, that was not how it was meant.))  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 am
{{Continuing... }}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The next memory begins with a view from the top of the cliff and the vague sound of the water streaming below*

So this is how it's going to be, is it? Tossed away like garbage onto the street because of a stupid rumor. A rumor no one can even get straight. It's all -her- fault. -She- was the one who sent me out day after day to rob people and their homes. -She- was the one that told me where people stashed their goods. -She- was the one that taught me what's valuable and what isn't and how to tell the difference. Anything I've ever done to anyone to even cause a rumor... -she- made me do it. No one would even know about me for there to be a rumor if it wasn't for -her-. It's not my fault!

You are still just a child.

*Tes' brow furrows, glaring downward at the protruding rocks as he recalls L'istnada's words.*
Not anymore I'm not. Maybe others my age are, but not me. I've had to go through more these last 7 years than others would go through in even 20 or 30 years.... like that spoiled rotten son of yours. He'll never know what it's like to not have anything.... to live on the street... to be looked at as if he is less than nothing.... to be forced into slavery... to fear for his life.....

To know that no matter what he does, no one is going to give a damn about him, and to know that his mere existence is burden.... to himself..... to everyone....

It isn't fair!

You will come to know that there are many injustices in life. You either learn to live with them... or you die.

You don't have to shove it in my face! Don't you think I know it enough as it is? It's not like you didn't have the means to make life easier for me. All you ever did was make things harder.

*His focus becomes fixed on the rocks at the bottom and he lets out a bitter laugh*
I take that back. You did make one thing easy: the option to die.... the ultimate end to all suffering. I was just too much of a coward to do it. stare
*He clenches his fists and grits his teeth, stepping closer to the edge.*
I'm not a child anymore. I'll show you. I'll show everyone. I'm not afraid.
*As he inches closer, his shoes push some small clumps of dirt over the side. Watching them smash against the cliff face a few times before shattering to pieces on the rocks and ground below, he starts to feel anxious. His breathing becomes strained and his heart races.*
There is nothing life has to offer me.... and I have nothing for it. Just a few more steps.... just a little further.... it'll all be gone.

I'm not afraid.

*Standing straight, he looks directly ahead, chin up. The anxiety gives way into a total numbness.*
"I'm not afraid..."

*Just as he begins to lift his foot, suddenly he hears a voice calling out to him from below.*
"Quortek~! Quortek~! Down here~!"
*His eye twitches slightly, then he looks down. There at the bottom, smiling and waving up at him like he doesn't have a care in the world, is a young, pre-teen Ryzan, his hair pulled back into a short ponytail save for a few shorter strands on either side of his face that either weren't long enough or fell out. He has with him a messenger bag at his hip, the strap running across his chest and hanging on the opposite shoulder* Annoying little s**t stare
"I've been looking everywhere for you! Don't move! I'm coming up!" 4laugh

*Tes looks down at him, annoyed as he heads out of sight to begin making the trek around the cliff to reach the top. A thought suddenly pops up in Tes' head and he gets an evil grin on his face*
Won't he be disappointed when he gets here only to find my lifeless, mangled body strewn across the rocks. twisted 'Bout time someone taught him the darker side of life.
*Taking a deep breath, he tries to once again psych himself up for the plunge, but then he thinks about what Ryzan had said.*
'Been looking everywhere' for me? Why? What does he care?
*He shakes his head and tries to focus.*
It doesn't matter. Whatever it is, that stuck-up wench of a mother he has probably put him up to it. Probably thinks I took something before she booted me out. She can come here herself and check my corpse if she's so convinced.
*Another glance down and he thinks of that carefree smile Ryzan gave him*
tch.... what's with that stupid look on his face? stressed Dammit... I can't think straight scream

*With a scoff, he steps away from the ledge and turns around, sitting heavily on the ground with his arms crossed, scowling*
I'll wait until he leaves stare
*Soon, Ryzan comes running up the hill and drops to his knees a bit away from Tes, exhausted.*
*huff* "There you are~" *huff huff*
"What do -you- want?" stare
"Il..." *huff* "Ilhar made cookies today." 4laugh *huff huff* "They're really good! 3nodding "
*Tes groans and rolls his eyes* "So you came all this way to brag? stare "
*Ryzan giggles and shakes his head, pulling a bundled up cloth napkin out of his bag. He sets it down in front of Tes and opens it, revealing a small stack of cookies. Seeing a broken one in the pile, Ryzan frowns.*
"Naqualla'in~ They were all just fine when I put them in there sad I brought these for you. whee "
*Tes' eyes widen with surprise for a brief moment, then narrow.*
"tch... you mean to tell me that heartless old hag is actually showing even the slightest remorse? stare "
*Ryzan's smile fades and he hangs his head.*
"Ilhar does not know I'm here."

*There's a brief pause, then Ryzan shakes his head and looks up at Tes, smiling again. He picks up one of the cookies and holds it out to him.*
"Here! Try one. I know you'll like it. 4laugh "
"I don't want it stare "
"Jhal it's really good! Just have a bite."
*Annoyed, Tes glares at him, snatches up the cookie, and chunks it down the hill*
"I told you I don't want it! scream "
*Ryzan flinches and shrinks back, getting a bit teary-eyed from being yelled at. Somewhere off in the distance, L'istnada can then be heard calling for Ryzan. Tes scoffs and turns his back to him, looking out over the side of the cliff.*
"Why don't you just go back to that snob of a woman you call ilhar..." *said bitterly* ".. and get out of my face."
*It's quiet for a moment, then Tes feels a tug on the back of his shirt. He tries to ignore it, but the longer he does, the more frequent and insistant the tugging becomes. Completely irritated, he whips around and glares at Ryzan.*
"Didn't I... ug..." *Almost as soon as he opened up to speak, Ryzan shoved a cookie into his mouth. The taste and smell of gingerbread becomes rather apparent at this point. Ryzan smiles and giggles, pushing the napkin with the remaining cookies toward Tes.*
"See? They are good, are they not? 4laugh "

*Soon, L'istnada's voice can be heard getting closer and Ryzan stands.*
"I need to go sweatdrop I told ilhar I was just going to get some milk... gi! That reminds me!"
*He digs into his bag again and pulls out a small bottle of milk, handing it to Tes.*
"I'll bring more tomorrow. I promise. Just meet me at the well. It'll be easier."
*With that, he takes off down the hill, leaving Tes baffled and dumbfounded.*

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games