Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strawberry Mochie

1,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:02 pm
Hide his metronome (I think thats how you spell it). My teacher loves his.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:18 pm
have EVERY PERSON in the band trade insterments with some one else (Oo, my director got SO mad)

Two people in my band do that all the time. They also switch chairs all the time too. MY BD GOT SO MAD THE LAST TIME exclaim  

SeleenRaven

x lilputtytat x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:20 pm
what annoys our director is when we bug him about a song we want to play, or when we bug him at lunch time while he's trying to play his game on his laptop and he dies, or that we always hang by the band room before school, during lunch and after school ^^, or when we chase him down after something he has said or done, one time i kicked him in the butt cause he said something mean and he chased me xd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:08 pm
If someone in your band has a cell phone with the Green Day song Holiday as their ringtone, have someone call the cell phone and when it rings go absolutely crazy.  

SeleenRaven

Dysfunctional.Seven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:07 pm
Well, I'm a colorguard girl, but these are a few things that my friends have done.

*When reprimanded for something promptly reply with "What are ya gonna do? spank me and take away christmas?
*Throw bouncy balls at bass drums
*Go to Dairy Queen before practice and get a blizzard. Show up to practice with blizzard. Go out onto fieldwith blizzard. When made to run laps for blizzard, do so with blizzard in hand. Finish blizzard then throw cup on ground.
*Get those dumb little popper thingys and distribute them randomly throughout band for people to randomly flip them inside out on thier music stand and wait for it to pop and go flying. yay!
*Break uot into the shanties dance (LotR)

yeah, that's all I've got as of now.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:08 pm
Fermata
Ooh, while you're walking out of the room, say I love you and blow him a kiss...that would make mine REALLY annoyed!

i know this girl who didn't believe how good our mic.s were so durring a comcert to test it she said our director was so hot and he had the head set on he all but gave himself wipflash trying to see who it was.
try that one. rofl  

RudyMaye

outwarddoodles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:14 pm
Lol. A lot of these suggestions are really funny!

Our band teacher is great, and would probably be amused if we did anything like these. Yet my Stepmom's band teacher easn't so nice. He got really upset one day and threw a music stand, the next week he left, after leaving a sign taped to the door stating so that he quit.

So don't go over board.... wink

And sorry if this was already metioned, yet an easy way to annoy a band teacher to to groan out loud when having to pull out a certain song. A lot of people in my class do it for songs we dislike.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:17 pm
Last year this Korean (not sexist, it becomes important later) clarinet player in our band totally freaked out. So, this other clarinet player gave him a chair challenge (he was first chair, she was second) for first chair. She won. Okay so, he starts crying a bit, and screaming. HE was talking so fast and yelling at our band director about how he didn't lose the chair test and should keep his position. Then he starts screaming out in Korean and he knocked his stand over. The BD asked him if he wanted to sign up for the counselor's office. He yelled "No, I'm going there NOW!" and ran out of the room with the clarinet.  

Merenwen99

Merenwen99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:23 pm
Oh, another thing:

This year, a few of our percussionists have gotten really board during some songs. They've started doing jigs and dances in the back of the room. This one time our BD saw them and made them go to the front of the room and dance while we played. The time after that, I was playing my horn and spotted them in the side of the room and started cracking up. I hadn't taken my horn down so it started making all these crazy bleep noises when I was laughing. I got so many funny looks from my section and the saxes who are next to the horn section. My BD must have thought I was insane.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:38 pm
There are a few people who try to dance during our band class.

Though our band teahcer wants us to dance during a certain jazzy song. And he's always dancing while we're playing (causing me to smile and not be able to blow nto my flute correctly.).  

outwarddoodles

goldlaced

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:48 pm
You might already have these but...

Tap your foot realy loudly
Use your instrument and pretend your one of the color guard
Sing a very very heavy metal song/hard rock song during long rest ((Like System of a down or Slipknot))
make out with someone during a rest ((that would just piss my band direcror of so bad...))
Switch instruments with someone and try and play the other persons instrument while rehursing

I might think of more later...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:19 pm
My second band director was really pathetic. But one way we made him lock himself in his office and cry was by playing our fight song stacotto. He was a bad director anyway.  

king_magus09

goldlaced

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:26 pm
Heh something happened in band today that is worth mentioning here.

Our bd was about to tell us what he would do to us if we talked onstage and one of the Trombones interupted him and said "What? Sit in our laps and give us a big, wet, kiss???"

Note that our bg is a guy.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:27 pm
My new director doesn't get mad. We put a flagger in a bass drum case and he didn't care. The drumline and our perrcusion instructor and our BD all made fun of our snare player all band camp and I made out with our tenor player and he was fine. I'm a bass drummer and Me and the other basses do all we can to make him at least yell but he wont  

king_magus09

Snowytigress

Original Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:11 pm
For my band director it's very simple. He hates swearing and sagging pants. So you could swear obscenely everytime he's around (may not be the best idea) or have someone you know walk around him with his pants sagging.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games