Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Levvan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:39 pm

Hello, well i just joined smile My names Karein and I'm a 21 year old Aussie biggrin I work in a Real Estate, but spend most of my time drawing (which doesn't bother my boss cause hes a fan XD) I personally focus on more traditional mediums, but i do focus mostly on pencil work, favoring pencils, charcoal etc smile

I started of drawing when i became obsessed with Sailor moon when i was little, and i've been drawing for near 12 years now biggrin Ive gone through all the phases such as anime, cartoon and realism etc and i currently do a mix of everything.

I love doing portraiture particularly and im working on figuring out my own style when it comes to anime and such. I'd love to learn how to use photoshop for graphics and thats my next goal, as well as doing an illustrating course and hopefully becoming a part time freelance illustrator.

Well there you have it smile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi my Name is Actually Crystal, but you guys can just call me Chrome..

my favorite media's are prismacolor colored pencil, neopikos, and watercolor, but as I learn more CG is quickly becoming a more convenient and happy
one... lol

As far as school goes I'm a little lost. I used to want to go into medicine because my parents would pressure me into it... they always told me that if I persued art then I would be stuck at wal-mart for the rest of my life.

Until just some time ago... I had my head in that direction and I was miserable. Now I'm almost 22 and I'm confused because I don't know which path to take in art....

there are so many options. ><

I'm decent on the computer, I'm a decent photographer - two years in the high school year book with awards for our books, as well as obviously page design and layout. I also like to design and sew clothes. For my senior project I made an Elizabethan gown with my mentor. I was in five years of HS art, a half semester of computer graphics III (I got the teachers approval to skip I and II even though like I already missed half the semester, lol.) I also designed my HS Senior t-shirt, and had my graphics on powderpuff car wash tickets, and the graduation ticketes. and all that junk. I'm also very interested in 3-D art. Soo... I'm so lost, lol

Chrome Innovia

Dangerous Lunatic

Miu-kins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Hello, my name is Torri. I am a girl XD I'm 17 years old.
I love to draw, especially for my friends. I have been drawing for 3 years now and many people seem to not believe me X3 I recently started a manga with a friend of mine and it has been going great.
School at the moment will be starting soon for me. It's going to be my first year in college, and im pretty nervous.
One of my favorite manga's is One Piece. And my favorite anime is S-cry-ed.
I use openCanvas 1.1 to do my inking and i use photoshop elements 3.0 to color, and because i cant afford regular photoshop XD
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:13 pm

Hey, my name is Mairim (my-reem). I'm 17, and going to be a senior in high school.
I love music and art. I grew up and was raised around music and art. That's why I love it so much! heart mrgreen

I haven't been drawing for too long, but I've been teaching myself a little, and I learn pretty fast.
yeah, I think that's it... sweatdrop

BYE! biggrin

purpleangelm18

Uso!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:54 am

Hey guys! biggrin My name is Sam and I'm a student at the Art Institute. My major is Media Arts and animation and I'm applying for both a mentor position and also just to mingle with some fellow artists. If you would like to sample what I do, please, by all means take a look at my art gallery and let me know what you think. There are some tutorials there! biggrin Thanks for having me! whee heart 3nodding emo  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:54 am

redface Hey im new to this guild, my name is Kee Fusita, but ppl just call me Fusita. I love to draw anime and every now and then ill draw somthing realistic, mostly horses, and different fictional characters, i have a unice way of drawing dragons, so unice that my brother doesn't know what they are rolleyes I usualy use pensils but some times ill use charcole or pastels.
Well thats about it, im glad i got acsepted into this guild and i hope to learn new things. mrgreen

P.S I'm a NINJA ninja

Kee Fusita

seichinoyami

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:44 pm

My nickname on Gaia is Seichi and I'm currently a 3rd year in high school. I've been drawing since I was 2, but by looking at my art freebies thread, I don't think I've gotten anywhere, although I do love drawing for others when I have the time. smile

The media I use are frequently plain [mechanical] pencil, color pencils, watercolor, and rarely CG.

I've joined this guild in hopes of improving my anatomy, perspective, lighting, shading, composition, etc., so please take good care of me (that sounded too formal, so please excuse my idiocy sweatdrop ). mrgreen
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:22 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Nola.

I'm a 24 year old animator and storyboard artists. I've been drawing ever since I was a little girl, and I can't imagine doing anything else...ever. I have a B.F.A. in animation and have been working in the industry for about 2 years now. When I'm not making art for work, I like to make create original characters and illustrate them.

I have been known to juggle or back when I'm not drawing though.

Nola da Goat

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:19 pm

Nola da Goat
Hi everyone, I'm Nola.

I'm a 24 year old animator and storyboard artists. I've been drawing ever since I was a little girl, and I can't imagine doing anything else...ever. I have a B.F.A. in animation and have been working in the industry for about 2 years now. When I'm not making art for work, I like to make create original characters and illustrate them.

I have been known to juggle or back when I'm not drawing though.
That's what I wanted to do. I got a degree in animation, but ended up not being able to pursue it. I hope I can sometime in the not so distant future.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:39 am

hello biggrin

My name is Masao, but you can call me either than or Kou

I'm actually a Biology major xp But drawing is my hobby. I like drawing in anime style. My good points are heads, everything else I need practice on, especially poses. I hope to improve that 3nodding

Soldier Blue

Ryuuki the Rocker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Hello, I am Erufi. I am currently a freshman in highschool. I am seeking anatomy, and hands help. This is my DA, thats what I draw like...
http://erufi.deviantart.com/
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:00 pm

Hey Erufi. There's a lot of things that will help in the resource sticky. Also, getting a mentor and setting up a mentee thread in the respective forums will help a lot.
Welcome aboard.

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Freaksrus

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Welcome everyone and have fun here!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:20 am

!!Adeat!!
User ImageI'm Ty-sama. Uhh... I love anime style art. Especially chibi art. I love negima and deathnote, and I'm also A narutard.

I'm here to be a mentee I guess.

Tyl0r3

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm

Welcome aboard. Happy to have you.
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games