Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:15 am
Shadow - Dragon
Ability Question: Sheer Force - raises moves with addition effect x 1.3 dam, negates secondary effects

And move for example:
Heat Wave - 95 || 4/10 Chance of Burn

-------------

So does that mean that Heat Wave does 124 damage and no chance of burn? Am I getting that right? Does that mean that any move that has the chance of burn, flinch, poison, etc loses that effect for more power no matter what?

123 (round down : ) ) but yes, that's correct ^^ Whatever secondary effect the move has, no longer works  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:27 pm
How exactly do the leaders of the guild expect us to do both the shard event and festival at the same time? Do we need to fly back and forth or will one surpass the other? I wouldn't want to lose out on a legendary just because I only have one character  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:36 pm
Shadow - Dragon
How exactly do the leaders of the guild expect us to do both the shard event and festival at the same time? Do we need to fly back and forth or will one surpass the other? I wouldn't want to lose out on a legendary just because I only have one character

The Shard Event will be lasting substantially longer than the Tanabata : ) Most likely several months, so that everyone has a while to collect the shards  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:57 am
Can I leave the islands for the shard cities then come back for the games tomorrow as long as I have the movement posts done?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:02 am
Shadow - Dragon
Can I leave the islands for the shard cities then come back for the games tomorrow as long as I have the movement posts done?

Everyone is free to come and go to the festival as they please, so yes you may do that if you so choose c:  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:31 am
Wait. If we're only allowed to find twelve shards, how do we buy anything from the shop? The lowest price is 5 and lowest sale price is 3, but....No one goes into a store and stocks up on things like TMs when they can buy better items.

Do we need to get all twelve and then start over? Or, leave a city and come back to get another shard from it? Because, that all seems like a hassle and doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a certain perspective. I mean....These shards are scattered all over, so what's stopping people from hoarding them other than some rule?  

CLCyrus

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:10 am
CLCyrus
Wait. If we're only allowed to find twelve shards, how do we buy anything from the shop? The lowest price is 5 and lowest sale price is 3, but....No one goes into a store and stocks up on things like TMs when they can buy better items.

Do we need to get all twelve and then start over? Or, leave a city and come back to get another shard from it? Because, that all seems like a hassle and doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a certain perspective. I mean....These shards are scattered all over, so what's stopping people from hoarding them other than some rule?

As mentioned in the announcement, shards are rare, and they're a long term thing. Other events, like the tanabata festival, are there to give opportunities for items, but the shard shop is a long-term reward system so that people can collect them and make purchases when they got enough-- so you can buy some of the cheaper stuff, but if you want more expensive items, it will take some saving up, and it will be your choice on how you spend them.

And that being said, the sale will likely last quite a while, so that if event items are what's wanted, people will get a chance to buy them at the cheaper price, before normal prices resume.

Just keep in mind that doing so could set you back a while on saving back for more expensive stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:29 am
Loonamist
As mentioned in the announcement, shards are rare, and they're a long term thing. Other events, like the tanabata festival, are there to give opportunities for items, but the shard shop is a long-term reward system so that people can collect them and make purchases when they got enough-- so you can buy some of the cheaper stuff, but if you want more expensive items, it will take some saving up, and it will be your choice on how you spend them.

And that being said, the sale will likely last quite a while, so that if event items are what's wanted, people will get a chance to buy them at the cheaper price, before normal prices resume.

Just keep in mind that doing so could set you back a while on saving back for more expensive stuff.

Okay, cool. But, as the announcement didn't say:
CLCyrus
Do we need to get all twelve and then start over? Or, leave a city and come back to get another shard from it?

I wasn't asking why the rules were what they were. I stated it didn't make a lick of sense from one perspective in a rhetorical question format, but that wasn't my question.  

CLCyrus

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:40 am
CLCyrus
Loonamist

Okay, cool. But, as the announcement didn't say:
CLCyrus
Do we need to get all twelve and then start over? Or, leave a city and come back to get another shard from it?

I wasn't asking why the rules were what they were. I stated it didn't make a lick of sense from one perspective in a rhetorical question format, but that wasn't my question.

... I... I'm sorry? o ~o ;; The first part of the message sounded like a lament over the fact that you couldn't yet purchase an event item. So I was addressing that .-.

And... the announcement does address that, so... I'm sorry, but your wording comes off as a bit snippish. I apologize if I'm misreading that.

At any rate....

Loonamist

Star Shards can be found in the following cities, and obtained by posting five times. You may find one shard per location, making twelve the maximum obtainable shards.

As mentioned here, you can only find one shard per location, so no, you cannot leave a city and come back to get it. And no, you can't get all twelve and start over, you can only get twelve. I'm sorry if that wasn't worded clearly.

We're trying to encourage travel and activity in other locations, and because you already mentioned this being a 'hassle', I'd like to reiterate there hasn't been a stated dead line-- there's ample time to get around, it could last up to six months, we're not sure, we plan on seeing what people average on getting the shards, timewise. We're not trying to make things difficult, but given the rarity of these, yes, it will take a bit of traveling. But we've tried to give a large, currently undetermined amount of time, so that people can find them at a more leisurely pace.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:52 am
Loonamist
As mentioned here, you can only find one shard per location, so no, you cannot leave a city and come back to get it. And no, you can't get all twelve and start over, you can only get twelve. I'm sorry if that wasn't worded clearly.

Wait. If we can only have twelve, how do you expect us to buy anything other than TMs? I read the rules, but I don't understand all of it. Or, is this just a test run and we'll be able to collect all the shards we want in the future? Please explain so us simpletons can understand.  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:00 am
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist

Wait. If we can only have twelve, how do you expect us to buy anything other than TMs? I read the rules, but I don't understand all of it. Or, is this just a test run and we'll be able to collect all the shards we want in the future? Please explain so us simpletons can understand.

As I mentioned, it's a long term thing : ) Shards will be given out intermittently-- you can save up and spend as you see fit. This is simply the first, opening event; we considered simply opening the shard shop by itself, and distributing shards as we normally would at the first opportunity, but we wanted to give the shard opening a small event of its own, and allow people to begin collecting some immediately.

That being said, they will normally be given out in numbers of about 5 or so per month.

Again, this is a long term method, and normally, they will be easier to obtain, by participating in an event, or as parto f the rewards that come along with a holiday or something ^^ For those that have a specific legendary, or pokemon, or item they want, but don't have the time/luck to participate in the more active or luck-based events that we have.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:09 am
Loonamist
As I mentioned, it's a long term thing : ) Shards will be given out intermittently-- you can save up and spend as you see fit. This is simply the first, opening event; we considered simply opening the shard shop by itself, and distributing shards as we normally would at the first opportunity, but we wanted to give the shard opening a small event of its own, and allow people to begin collecting some immediately.

That being said, they will normally be given out in numbers of about 5 or so per month.

Again, this is a long term method, and normally, they will be easier to obtain, by participating in an event, or as parto f the rewards that come along with a holiday or something ^^ For those that have a specific legendary, or pokemon, or item they want, but don't have the time/luck to participate in the more active or luck-based events that we have.

I...fail to see that anywhere. I may just be overlooking that.

So, members will get a certain number of shards each month then? Like, we can literally just go about role playing normally and gain shards over time without actually hunting for them? Or, did I misread that?

Also, is the Shard Shop itself a permanent thing and the hunt a temporary event, or will the Shard Shop close down and reopen on occasion?  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:15 am
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist

I...fail to see that anywhere. I may just be overlooking that.

So, members will get a certain number of shards each month then? Like, we can literally just go about role playing normally and gain shards over time without actually hunting for them? Or, did I misread that?

Also, is the Shard Shop itself a permanent thing and the hunt a temporary event, or will the Shard Shop close down and reopen on occasion?

I'm sorry >w> ;; I should have clarified. I had mentioned that up above, but I'm not sure if the announcement itself specifically clarifies that it's a long term thing. I believe the Shard Shop itself has a small blurb about the purpose of it, but the announcement was primarily to provide the basics, the event, and a link to the shard sharp for that extra information.

And yes, that's right. While this one requires some active participation because of the amount of shards available, and the fact that it's a special, introductory event, most will be more passive, to act as a sort of 'loyalty rewards' program, with some extra opportunities to gain more through participation and such, for those that want to.

The Shard Shop is permanent-- the only temporary thing is the sale, and the event, both of which will be going on for quite a while, with the actual end point depending on feedback, and how things go : )  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:09 am
Can I donate to the guild just because?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:37 am
Shadow - Dragon
Can I donate to the guild just because?

You can if you want, but there really isn't much to spend guild funds on for the guild at the moment. It will just be unreachable gold, sitting stagnant with the guild without much to use it on.
I'd personally prefer you keep your gold, and know that we appreciate the thought you are expressing in wanting to donate. :3  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games