Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
[.::♥::.The Dark Room..::♥::.] {Main Thread} (UPDATED) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Party in...
  Hades Palace
  Dark Room
  Shrouded Darkness
View Results

Swervey
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 pm
night and thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 pm
THE TEST THREAD LOOKS AWESOME. Should Ares post in there? ALSO..... I'd like to help set up the thread. Just tell me what you want up there and I'll get it done.

My Intro:

Morning/afternoon/evening/whatever time you're reading this, folks! This is Shunatsu from Malaysia who's finally graduating high school by the end of the year (wakakakaka)! I love anime and manga and being lazy, but I'm glad you all could make it. Welcome to our room and enjoy the ball! wink  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:29 pm
Rules (Art contest)

1. You may only submit one piece of art for each category. If you submit more than one, all your works will be disqualified.
2. There are two categories in this contest:
a) Anything related to Hell's theme (which it could be a drawing of the underworld, a portrait of Hades, etc).
b) Boat Designing Contest, in which you draw and design Charon's boat, because ole lazy Charon needs a new look for his boat.
3. Your entry has to follow this format or I will not look into it:
[align=center][b]I am teh new Master of[size=18] HELL [/size] art[/b]
My name is [b] [username][/b]
My masterpiece:
[Drawing here] [/align]

4. This contest will end at (NO IDEA WHEN).
5. I can add/change the rules if I need to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:54 pm
Salutations! I am SorceressJacklyn but you may call me Jackie. I am doing my first year of ball work and hope that the help I have done makes this one you won't soon forget! I enjoy fantasy-themes, especially magic and gothic. Most of my normal avatars are a mix of these. But my little break from normal comes in I love wintry items! xd I roleplay my heart out and mostly log in to do that or talk to my friends.  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Kala Kirya
Crew

3,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:06 am
OKAY! Here we go, tell me what you think guys. Here's my intro for Persephone.

Persephone, the original example of Stockholm Syndrome. You probably know her story: girl catches the eye of grand overlord god of the underworld, girl goes for a walk, a crack opens and is then kidnapped by said god. What tends to get told incorrectly, however, is how the rest of the story goes. Yes, Persephone did perfect her moping face (it takes more practice to make moping look attractive than you'd imagine). She refused food or drink, for a while at least. Although she told her mother that one little pomegranate had been an accident, the truth is that over her time in the Underworld she'd realized that being Hades wife may not actually be all that bad. But whatever you do, don't mention "that man" to her mother. She still hasn't reconciled the fact that her daughter is married and happily in love with the King of the Underworld.

Persephone is the essential girl. Dresses, jewelry, shoes, and flowers: these are items that are right up her ally. She's always loved all things cheerful and light, somehow managing to miss the irony of this in her situation. Though she loves her husband, she has been known to drive Hades up the wall with her penchant for redecorating the palace in bright, happy colors.

Persephone is a very bubbly, lighthearted person. She loves her family, and people in general; a very trusting individual. While no one would accuse her of being stupid (coughinfrontofHadescough) most would assume she's not the brightest, but that could just be her strong naivety. That trait tends to get her in trouble more often than not. She inherited a love of plants from her mother, and spends a lot of her time working in her garden. Whether it be having a tea party with the Furies or pulling weeds, her garden is her sanctuary.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:06 am
Awesome! <3

Ok Shun! I think Ares should definitely post the plot and plot updates up, cuz I'll be too busy working most of the time to deal with that.

lol looks good Jackie! <3

LMAO nice Kala. XD <3  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:33 am
Okay. Anything else that I can help with the preparations?

I've posted the Art contest thread in the thread forums. Not sure if it's okay though.

ART CONTEST  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:24 am
Looks good shu
And I have the Tektek Contest test thread up. Tell me whatcha think  

Swervey
Crew

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:58 am
Writing Contest Up!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:55 pm
Those look good ladies. ^w^

Shun, lets do the whole you post then I post thing, k? <3 I'm just going to see which way we'll have to do it. Just remember to Ornate the post for the front page though, k? <3

You'll do....:

The Rules

Plot stuff

Dead and White list

Contests

Art Shop

Links out

And Welcome is the last one, but should I post that or should you?  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:39 pm
LOL KAY! 8D I think you should do the Welcome XD. It IS Hades' Palace after all. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:42 pm
Say, what are the prizes for both art contest and King and Queen contest?

I'll be back quite awhile later (around 4 hours), so if there's anything you need, just post here and I'll be back! 8D  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:54 pm
Ok well I'll be gone in an hour, gotta work in the morning. But I'll be online after work tomorrow till 3-4 hopefully?...<3 And then again around 9-10pm here. =3= But again I'll only be on till 12 cuz I have to work early again the nest day and then again the day after that. And trust me I am exhausted by the time I get home lol, so I'm gonna be a little zombie like Friday night and Saturday night, bust I have all of Sunday - Friday off from work. <3 So the last few days of the ball I can be there totally. <3

And I posted up the prizes already in the guilds test thread, ok. ^w^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:23 pm
Night! <3  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:55 pm
xTrueBlissx

Ball has been cancled for this friday.

Why? Not everything is in, and i needed to send the links to the admin today.

We just don't have enough time to set everything up.

New dates July 10th? Hosts please get back to me? x.x

I'm sorry to do this, but after consideration it is better to push the dates back then to not do as good of a job as i know we can do!

O.o Oh s**t.... We haz a problem here. I am gonna have to do some serious moving around if we gonna do this in that time frame instead. It's too close to the ball to be doing this!  
Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff