Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:36 am
Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
-Like two years-ish

2. How many posts have you made?
-778 since I've rejoined, but over 4000 altogether

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? -When I was in a class, yes.

4. Class you are applying for:
-I'd like to return to my Muggle Studies class, but if not I could teach potions again, or both.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
-Professor Wingz (Angilwingz)

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I enjoy it, it's a good outlet to explore learning and help others learn.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
-You can see any of my prior classes. but I usually focus ona certain theme and explore several areas of that theme throughout the term. lessons with corresponding assignments are posted, and students are iunstructed to post their answers in the classroom. I try to promote a lot of thought.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
-KT, or myself. :p

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
- A pair of vinyl sneakers.

10. Anything else you would like to add:
-black pigment is made when the entire spectrum of colors is negatively mixed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:37 am
-totally accepts own application-

Can one of the other mods tell me if I can teach Muggle Studies too?

Angilwingz

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:01 pm
Can I post an application and ok one at the same time?
(I'll just do separate posts)

Since none of the elves volunteered... I'll be trying the class!
-Since Nov. 05 (there was a small hiatus though, so let's go with 1 year)

-Between now and the two times I quit I lost count.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? - I did but it was a long time ago. I participated lots in the class though.

- Intro to HPGoG 101 (House-Elves only)

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
-Alicia Elf

To give the elfies a few lessons in cleaning, cooking, and general guild roles.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
-Well it'll be mostly roleplaying, but I intend to divide into three separate units. The first one will be making sure they understand the guild rules and such. The second lesson will be a bit more fun in describing meals and such. And finally I plan to go into cleaning a bit (similiar to what Reese_Roper did with the first elf class)
8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
-Okuba, a.k.a. Miss Love Tantei

-Elf knowledge

10. Anything else you would like to add:
- Well I could give a speech but now's not the time. Also this is going to be temporary (meaning once I'm done with the Review of Rules and such if another elf wants the job, they can have it!)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:03 pm
Angilwingz
-totally accepts own application-

Can one of the other mods tell me if I can teach Muggle Studies too?
[/quote[size=9]] [align=center] rofl Angil you're so silly! Your application was quite entertaining! Should we trust you with putting knowledge into wiziards' minds about Muggles? I say we should!

Accepted for Muggle Studies and Potions (for security purposes though if anyone else applies for the one you want least we can set up the substitute the thing)

IceeWitch

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:27 pm
Go ahead, both of you! Enjoy. And, Icee, I believe I got a PM from someone at one point about the Elf class...they were asking if it had to be taught by elves. I told them I didn't think so, that as far as I could remember a non-elf taught it, but they never replied.
Hang on. I'll go and check who it was. I could PM them again and ask if they'd like to substitute or assistant teach that class.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:52 pm
yeah sure, substitute away.  

Angilwingz

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:21 pm

We're still in need of about 6 teachers. I don't too much care about the non-basic classes (because those can be filled later) However we need to find a way to get Charms and Transfiguration opened.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:16 pm

since Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:02
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
yepporonie and i am EXTREAMELY good with home work
herbology!!!
Proffeser abby loveheart
I have been a HA-UGE fan of herbology so i really want to be the teaher!!
well i will be a great teacher and will help when help is needed.
if i was to become teacher this would be the first lesson:
1.Introduce yourself.
2.Name two types of fertilizers that you can use to plant with.
3.Purchase one of three herbology books.(for this class you will get One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore They are 150g each)(fill this form out)
Name:
House:

Aki sasaki
I help with assignments and i can also disiplin
10. Anything else you would like to add: Im perfect for this!!! 3nodding  

P I N K Y - Platypus

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:00 pm
There is currently already a Herbology teacher (a very good one also). However there is a sub position open (if Junimaia consents) that you can apply for. Is there another class you would like?

(Cheer_L0v3_13 is also a house-elf (house-elves cannot apply), but that status is supposed to change soon)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:25 am

ive been part of this site since aug 2007 but didnt join untill november
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
i am enrolled in potions and dada and ive kept up on my classwork im a first year
charms
my rp name will be : professor james my user name is techpriest35
i want to teach at hogwarts because i always loved charms and no one else is teaching it sad
there will be some lectures and homework and classwork i will give some info about a charm or spell or incantation and its uses then i ll set up situations that will test their knowledge(rping) i would like to put the classroom in the room of requirement so jif we need something the castle will generate it
the only person that would have been my reference said that he was impartial so no references for me
curisty ?
10. Anything else you would like to add:i think that the most useful things are charms potions and dada

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:20 pm
I'll be denying this (and closing down the application process) because there are only two weeks left for classes. However when Spring Term begins I really hope that you will apply for this class. The main reason this is being denied now is because it's too late.

techpriest35

ive been part of this site since aug 2007 but didnt join untill november
i am enrolled in potions and dada and ive kept up on my classwork im a first year
charms
my rp name will be : professor james my user name is techpriest35
i want to teach at hogwarts because i always loved charms and no one else is teaching it sad
there will be some lectures and homework and classwork i will give some info about a charm or spell or incantation and its uses then i ll set up situations that will test their knowledge(rping) i would like to put the classroom in the room of requirement so jif we need something the castle will generate it
the only person that would have been my reference said that he was impartial so no references for me
curisty ?
10. Anything else you would like to add:i think that the most useful things are charms potions and dada

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:34 pm
Professor_Adonis
There is currently already a Herbology teacher (a very good one also). However there is a sub position open (if Junimaia consents) that you can apply for. Is there another class you would like?

(Cheer_L0v3_13 is also a house-elf (house-elves cannot apply), but that status is supposed to change soon)

I foresee that in the upcoming months I will be more preoccupied with real life issues and guild issues that I feel are more important to work on than teaching.

Cheer_L0v3_13, once you are sorted you are more than welcome to take over as Herbology teacher for the next term should you desire to do so. 3nodding

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

P I N K Y - Platypus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:41 pm
I would love to but i might write an applicantion for transfiguration.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:04 pm

Since January 21 2008
Yes
4. Class you are applying for: History of Magic

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Jules Loveheart, Jules4life_5

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: When every a student need to talk about something they could trust me and tell me so i can help them. Plus Magic is great.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) I would make the classes exicting not boring but they will learn the wizards of different times.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) IceeWitch,Cheer_l0v3_13

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: Just?? Idk I have alot of thing like trust,im loyal,and patience

10. Anything else you would like to add: No comment  

Jules4life_5

Evil-ka-Nevil516

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:59 pm

I believe it was in November Not quite sure but around the time
No but this is my first year and I havn't got a chance to do any of that
Charms
Professor Wolfe, kiki-the-super-kittycat
I believe I could be a great contribution to the teaching staff and I fell I'm well prepared to take on the challenge.
Well First We would do a little research about a certain charm then I will show how to preform it and then let the students practice the charm their will two assinments per charm first and essay about the charm then you must be able to demenstraight the charm.
Pokemon416
Well I feel I have a very well balanced approach between written work and hands on work to learning a charm
10. Anything else you would like to add: No comment

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games