Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:38 pm
Ooh, I wanna play! My favourites are beans on toast, or super-hot vegetarian chili, or brown rice with ginger-plum stir-fried veggies. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:10 pm
I love doing food/drink pairings! I'm very good at doing it with wine, and my dad always laughs at me because I'm very strict about what I eat with rootbeer and what I eat with orangade, but I've never tried it with teas!

I already know to pair up Pad Se Yew with Thai Tea, as I did it about an hour ago, and it was bliss... but what would drink with split pea soup, or a stew? Or possibly some lasagna?  

Ainwyn

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:11 pm
I'm talking to my mom and she's going to be looking for a tea set for me! I finally get my Korean tea set, which will hopefully look similar to this one. I'm very excited! I still want a cast iron pot, but Korean ceramics are incredibly unique, and I love their glazes. I don't have any Korean ceramics yet, so it'll be nice to have something to remember these past few years by.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:22 pm
My favorite kind of tea is jasmine green tea with a little bit of sugar to make sweet [I like sweets]  

ColetteCatastrophe

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:25 am
Ainwyn
I'm talking to my mom and she's going to be looking for a tea set for me! I finally get my Korean tea set, which will hopefully look similar to this one. I'm very excited! I still want a cast iron pot, but Korean ceramics are incredibly unique, and I love their glazes. I don't have any Korean ceramics yet, so it'll be nice to have something to remember these past few years by.

Oh, that's lovely!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:17 am
ColetteCatastrophe
My favorite kind of tea is jasmine green tea with a little bit of sugar to make sweet [I like sweets]
If you brew it right, you shouldn't have to add sugar.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:05 pm
My friend bought her mother a tea pot today, and left the store just before a major storm hit it. So my partner says: "Hey! She left with her tea pot just in time for a tea-storm!"

That just tickled me something funny. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:56 pm
TeaDidikai
ColetteCatastrophe
If you brew it right, you shouldn't have to add sugar.

I only have access to tea bags at this point and the Trader Joe's kind at that
That and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it right sweatdrop I kinda fail at that alot

[sorry about any misspelling or rambling that may appear I have a headache]  

ColetteCatastrophe

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm
Calixti
Ooh, I wanna play! My favourites are beans on toast,
Depends on the toast.
Quote:

or super-hot vegetarian chili,
Something smokey... Russian Caravan

Quote:
or brown rice with ginger-plum stir-fried veggies. biggrin
I'd go lighter here- likely a High Mountain Green.

Ainwyn
... but what would drink with split pea soup, or a stew? Or possibly some lasagna?
Again, stew, chili etc- hearty and hot dishes I'd go dark and smokey. The soup? Maybe something sweet to cut the earthy flavor of the peas and bacon. I'm thinking Oolong. Ti Quan Yin perhaps.

ColetteCatastrophe

I only have access to tea bags at this point and the Trader Joe's kind at that
That and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it right sweatdrop I kinda fail at that alot

[sorry about any misspelling or rambling that may appear I have a headache]
Check the temp and the time. Floor sweepings are floor sweepings, but it's possible to get a drinkable cup and Trader Joe's often cycles through their stock quickly.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:49 am
I tried some white tea today for the first time. 3nodding

It was from a teabag, and from a garden centre cafe and thus left in the open air for god knows how long and brewed with scalding water from one of those machines....but it was not unpleasant!  

patch99329

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:46 am
Earl grey every morning since I was ten!

I also favor red tea.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:08 am
TeaDidikai
Calixti
Ooh, I wanna play! My favourites are beans on toast,
Depends on the toast.
Usually thick-cut crusty honey wheat, but sometimes I make unhoneyed whole wheat or potato bread. Usually don't make white bread, and favour dense and chewy over light and fluffy.  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:21 am
Arcanist Angus
Earl grey every morning since I was ten!

I also favor red tea.
Are you talking about actual red tea as in the Eastern grading system, or are you talking about roobious?

Calixti
Usually thick-cut crusty honey wheat, but sometimes I make unhoneyed whole wheat or potato bread. Usually don't make white bread, and favour dense and chewy over light and fluffy.
You'd want something that could stand up to the flavor of the beans while complementing the toast- so, I'd say a simple black. Maybe a Balin Gungfu.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:35 am
Hmm. I managed to find the suggested black Ceylon tea. And I have to admit it wasn't bad. eek  

Arrowlake Riddler

lexipthemudkip

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:04 pm
I prefer green tea. biggrin
My favourite recently would have to be... lemon zest green tea.
Perfect for getting up in the morning!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces