Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Great British Tea Debate! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you regularly drink tea?
Yes, yes I do.
75%
 75%  [ 43 ]
No, no I do not.
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 57

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:20 pm
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Foetus In Fetu
I like the smell of coffee but not the taste.

Nonsense! I'll find a cup of coffee you would love. They're are so many different flavours. It's just like tea. You can't dislike tea in general, just a certain flavour. There's bound to be one out there that someone would like!

Pfft, all different shades of the same. I'm sure.

I've never tried it, but do people here think that Bovril is probably > coffee?

Yes. Although thats not too hard.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:37 pm
Mmm I like both tea and coffee, however I would have to say that I drink tea more often out of the two. I cant wait to visit Britain and taste a real cup of tea though. I'm sure it's much better than anything I make at home.  

Ferretessa

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:19 am
Ferretessa
Mmm I like both tea and coffee, however I would have to say that I drink tea more often out of the two. I cant wait to visit Britain and taste a real cup of tea though. I'm sure it's much better than anything I make at home.

It depends where you go really, it could easily not be.

...there's also the risk that you'll have grown to love bad tea. Much like most children and their love of bad chocolate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:34 am
Invictus_88
Ferretessa

...there's also the risk that you'll have grown to love bad tea. Much like most children and their love of bad chocolate.

So true. Perhaps when I go I'll ask one of you where I can get a good cup of tea. =^^=  

Ferretessa

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:32 pm
Invictus_88

It's easy to get a good cup of tea. Make it yourself. I've never bought a good cup of tea.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:45 pm
A Lost Iguana
Invictus_88

It's easy to get a good cup of tea. Make it yourself. I've never bought a good cup of tea.

That's a good point as well..  

Ferretessa

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:26 pm
A Lost Iguana
Invictus_88

Well that's just it.

I like the tea I make, other people praise me for my teamaking and are also impressed with it.

Though sometimes, on occasion, I'm still insecure as to whether I'm doing it properly.

One of these days I'll decide that whatever tradition says, I'm still better at it.

However, not yet.

ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:19 pm
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana
Invictus_88

Well that's just it.

I like the tea I make, other people praise me for my teamaking and are also impressed with it.

Though sometimes, on occasion, I'm still insecure as to whether I'm doing it properly.

One of these days I'll decide that whatever tradition says, I'm still better at it.

However, not yet.

ninja

If you enjoy the way you make it and others do as well, then what does it matter if it's done properly or not. It's good.. that's all that really matters in the end.  

Ferretessa

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:41 am
Having said that I like coffee, I can't stand BAD coffee.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:11 am
Invictus_88
What sort of tea do people prefer?

Earl Grey, usually..

Deffinately Earl Grey but we normally only have that on sundays which is a damn shame! Wait today is sunday hurrah Earl grey all round!  

Koshkah

Spatterdash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:22 am
I am fond of tea, but I don't drink it regularly. Unlike my parents, I do not have a caffeine addiction or a voluminous gut that can take in the huge intake of tea of the average Brit. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.
Although tea is part of the British stereotype, we are not actually the world's greatest tea consumers. That honour goes to the Irish, and Ireland is at least part of the British Isles (if not the UK), so it nearly counts.
"Will ye be having a cup of tea? Go on. Go on, go on. Go on go on go on go on..."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:20 pm
Tea. Coffee.
Coffee. Tea.

Yeah, you pretty much have to make it yourself.

Angilwingz

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:46 am
I overdid the tea yesterday. >.< Didn't realise I had two teabags in the pot. I knew I would be pushing it even if I hadn't but...
So I'm a bit tired, due to the fact I was still very awake at 1.30 am.
It was stress related. Could have all been averted by having a chocolate stash but it was eaten. I didn't fancy trying to get the last crumbs out of the mousetraps.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:42 am
How much did you drink? Because I've drunk a lot of tea and never overdone it, yet.  

girl_no_13

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:21 pm
It was only 4 cups in the space of two hours. Which I know isn't a huge amount even if the cups were really mugs and three of the mugs I had accidently made double strength. It was mixed with stress though and I had been trying to cut down a little.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that was the reason I was still lying awake in bed thinking "Whee!! want to run around and do mad stuff!! and be really awake!!! Wheeee!!!" at 1.30am on a school night.

Still haven't caought up on that sleep yet.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games