Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:05 pm
lol, I think the term you are looking for is "buffing." I know, it is a scary concept. Anyways it sounds good to me. I like the 1 equip version better myself.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:03 pm
ok so office master suggested another possiblity so now we have...

Force Field: E2, (c 3/3)
Use a charge to set your temperary Life Layer to 15.

Force Field: E1, (c 3/3)
Use a charge to set your temperary Life Layer to 10.

Force Field: E2
You may pay 2 MP to set your temporary Life Layer to 10.  

DM of Death

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:24 pm
Hmm, that sort of makes Fighter Mana Shield useless. I still like the 1 equip one best, perhaps give it 5 charges though instead of 3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:41 pm
DM of Death
ok so office master suggested another possiblity so now we have...

Force Field: E2, (c 3/3)
Use a charge to set your temperary Life Layer to 15.

Force Field: E1, (c 3/3)
Use a charge to set your temperary Life Layer to 10.

Force Field: E2
You may pay 2 MP to set your temporary Life Layer to 10.

I did not think it was useless because if you invest 2 points in life it gets you 10HP, while the FF will allow you to get that same amount of life 3 times during a quest when you need it. But if you really think it needs to be buffed (yes that is the common term for it) I would agree to the E1 version as well, I would like to keep it a charge item since it was kinda released with a set of charge items.  

FARGORE
Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:04 am
Hmm there is something I would like to bring up, especially with the big tournament approaching. There are a lot of extremely powerful charge items currently available to and in the hands of players. These items were designed for the expressed purpose of being carried along in a dungeon and saved for the exact right moment. You could not recharge them mid dungeon. However, these certain items become rather overpowered when uses outside of what they were designed for. The blood dagger was sort of an example of this. With the relative abundance and ease of getting charge tokens is what really makes this a problem. Imagine someone for each round of the tournament being able to use the power/releaser combo item to charge up most of their stats by x3. Then after each round they use a charge token to recharge that item and use it again. Imagine being able to use the Leo Talisman or Araethos Family Ring each round to deal 50 almost unstoppable damage each battle or the stealth suit to make you un-attackable for 3 rounds each battle. The tourney becomes no longer about skill but rather who has the most money to burn and the neatest charge items.

Thats why I feel the use of charge items in pvp should be banned. I have already expressed this view on the recently introduced Areathos Family Signet Ring. It summons a boss for a round and among some of the stuff it can do is it can revive a character or deal 45 splittable magic damage. In its description I stated that it could not be used for pvp. I feel this should be extended to all charge items as they were designed to be saved and used for special moments in long dungeons an not a cheap overpowered way to defeat an opponent in pvp. ((with the exception of this of course to tokens.))  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:45 pm
I agree that charge items should not be allowed in PvP stuff. They should only be allowed in minigames, unless the DM running it says otherwise, dungeons, and other stuff that isn't PvP and the DM doesn't say that charged items aren't allowed.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Wedry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:51 pm
I just had a talk with FARGORE regarding this issue, and we both agree that charge items should be limited within tournaments and PvP; to a point. Ultimately, the decision is that charge items will be allowed in tournaments and Mini-games, but no recharging between rounds. You get what you bring into it, and nothing more until the story is over. As far as other PvP battles are concerned, individual combats are subject to the wishes of the individual combatants. If they want to allow or disallow anything, they can come to an agreement before their match.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:29 am
I will add the "you cannot recharge items inbetween fights." in the PVP Tournament rules.

I will like to point out that some character types REQUIRE the use of Charge items to make the most out of there CP spent.

Is it fair that someone with Tamer can have a free partner with him (which will be healed inbetween each fight.) But a token weilding member of the Creators can't, simply because its a charge item?

and before we get into the differenaces between tokens and pets, you can't change what a token has, your pet you can. You can equip it with hatever you have avalible to you, and with the token, you are stuck with what you got.

Atleast with the token, if you kill it enough it can't come back in the tourny.

Any other comments on thhis issue?

What about once per dungeon abilities? Should thosoe only be allowed Once per the whole tournament as well? Or once per fight?  

DM of Death

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:46 am
Abilitys that are once per a quest are balanced to only be used once in a long time, I would think they would be once per a tourney. And as far as the tokens go I don’t see why they could not buy more tokens and use them when their charge token is lost. Anyone can use a token if they buy one from the SOM school. And on that note maybe we should add a 1cp token to the normal shop as well. Maybe just move the goblin patroller there and you can only get the other more powerful ones from the SOM school, that seems fair.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:49 am
Agreed.  

-A M P-

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:52 am
I changed the spirit bracers effects on healing and protections so that it can only heal you and protect others. This is the way I always meant it to be it was just miss-worded and I have hopefully fixed that now (Note that I did this before my second tournament crying )

I have also changed FF to E1.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:53 pm
We hath been plagerised!

Rioliogio has stolen the rps system to make, of all things, a rps pirate vs ninja guild.

After warning him of his actions, I was booted from viewing the guild because he changed it to private.

I notified Fargore through PM, but since I was blocked, I assumed he would be too.

My next course of action was to Report the guild.

Hopefully we will get some resolution from this.

Not only did he steal the system, he just copied all of the threads from the system rules and just copied and pasted them!

This is an outrage!

I wanted to just let you all know about this and give you my vote to boot this guy out of our guild as well.

What do you guys think?  

DM of Death

Grand_Commander13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:08 pm
Half an hour too fast. rofl

Any Aqua Teen Hunger Force fan should recognize this fictionalized, hypothetical exchange between rio and me:

ME: "Hey, those are some great rules. Real nice manual, great text."
HIM: "Oh, thanks, you like it?"
ME: "Yeah I like it. I liked it when I wrote it."

Didn't even restore the List formatting on the FAQ...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:11 pm
Hmm...given that the system used by this guild is the property of Eroth Productions, we may actually have a supportable case here. I don't know how far Gaia extends protection to ideas etc., but we should be able to do something about it.

Fargore - do you have a posted copyright warning? If not, it may be time to add one.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

DM of Death

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:14 pm
Can I ban him!!! I haven't had the chance to do that yet! It would fill my hate filled heart with so much glee! twisted

(Edit: Please! My mouse is hovering over the Ban button right now....)  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff