Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:18 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Today was a good day, worked from eight till five, then hopped on a train to Utrecht and got some random things that would be handy to use when I've got a room to work in once more:
- How to Paint Citadel Tanks
- Imperial Armour model master class volume one
- Another brick of green dice
- Two blisters of Guard psykers (Yes!)
- And the novels Iron Company and Curse of the Necrarch

I've also looked into getting a second Realm of Battle set. sweatdrop
Does this mean we can expect updates soonish? Oh and how useful is that master class book?
The master class book is what it says on the tin, a master class book. It looks a bit daunting but the way the explain things makes it seem deceptively easy.
Do let us know how some of those techniques work out, I'm curious to see how they affect your skills.

Not that they are shoddy or bad or anything! sweatdrop

What about that Citadel Tank painting book? Isn't it just a waste of money?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Today was a good day, worked from eight till five, then hopped on a train to Utrecht and got some random things that would be handy to use when I've got a room to work in once more:

Does this mean we can expect updates soonish? Oh and how useful is that master class book?
The master class book is what it says on the tin, a master class book. It looks a bit daunting but the way the explain things makes it seem deceptively easy.
Do let us know how some of those techniques work out, I'm curious to see how they affect your skills.

I've found the Citadel How To.. book very informative, even if it is very basic for the advanced painter. It's not just painting, but it also touches on building, converting and presenting the models. It has these great titbits and other bits and bobs that I'm finding very handy, along with a chart of what colours to use for what regiment, chapter or klan.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:44 pm
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman

I've found the Citadel How To.. book very informative, even if it is very basic for the advanced painter. It's not just painting, but it also touches on building, converting and presenting the models. It has these great titbits and other bits and bobs that I'm finding very handy, along with a chart of what colours to use for what regiment, chapter or klan.
Okay, so when can we expect some updates on your stuff?? surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:28 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman

Okay, so when can we expect some updates on your stuff?? surprised
My room is a big mess right now and I've only just been able to put my Imperial Armour and Dark Heresy books back in my bookcase. Other than that I have nothing at my disposal for the coming week(s). I can't do squat until my ceiling and wall are all fixed up.

And you should know my dad a bit by now.. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:28 pm
So the people that did the window-thing didn't do the associated walls at the same time?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:43 pm
Exterior yes, interior no. My dad and brother fixed and finished most of the missing and destroyed ceiling yesterday so hopefully he'll put in the last missing ceiling tile tomorrow, leaving me with two walls that still need to be done. Worst of all is that my radiator will be removed from besides my door so we can put a new one under the window, possibly leaving me in the cold for a few days, if not weeks until it's all sorted and worked out. crying  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 pm
Lt. Brookman
Exterior yes, interior no. My dad and brother fixed and finished most of the missing and destroyed ceiling yesterday so hopefully he'll put in the last missing ceiling tile tomorrow, leaving me with two walls that still need to be done. Worst of all is that my radiator will be removed from besides my door so we can put a new one under the window, possibly leaving me in the cold for a few days, if not weeks until it's all sorted and worked out. crying

Man up woman, I was outside in -3C weather this fine brisk evening with my shorts, flip-flops and t-shirt on. You need to man up!

Or just buy a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHSIiAXdSU  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:23 am
No, what I need is

User Image  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:12 am
Lt. Brookman
Pics? It's kinda hard to imagine with such a wonky description. sweatdrop

So the side of your desk has been expanded meaning more walking space. Or at least space where you no longer bump your head. Pity about the view though. emo  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:33 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Pics? It's kinda hard to imagine with such a wonky description. sweatdrop

So the side of your desk has been expanded meaning more walking space. Or at least space where you no longer bump your head. Pity about the view though. emo
I'll try and get a snappy or two tonight okay? I'll need to find both my camera and the USB wire for it.

But yes, you can now walk straight ahead for 1,50 metres and my desk has been pushed forward, almost up against the wall.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:10 am
A bigger room of course means that I no longer need to sleep in the same bed as you. Someone is going to sleep on the ground from now on. blaugh

And YES! Your queen demands pictures of this new room of yours. I must now what the royal emergency retreat looks like before I grace it again with my good graces, looks and eternal sunshine.

edit.

Oh and be sure to fix that heater, cuddling together at cold nights isn't romantic any more. scream  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:02 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
A bigger room of course means that I no longer need to sleep in the same bed as you. Someone is going to sleep on the ground from now on. blaugh

And YES! Your queen demands pictures of this new room of yours. I must now what the royal emergency retreat looks like before I grace it again with my good graces, looks and eternal sunshine.

edit.

Oh and be sure to fix that heater, cuddling together at cold nights isn't romantic any more. scream
Actually, I'm just getting a bigger bed now, one with a metal frame. So you can have a side all to yourself. Or I can just tie and gag you to one side, problem solved.

I'll get pictures later this week, I just had a meeting over at work and I'm still working on the notes I took for the assembly. But I think you'll like the final result of my expanded room, it is very spacious, so there's finally enough room for that realm of battle, those extra large games of Space Hulk or those other things that require lots of space.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 pm
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne

edit.

Actually, I'm just getting a bigger bed now, one with a metal frame. So you can have a side all to yourself. Or I can just tie and gag you to one side, problem solved.

I'll get pictures later this week, I just had a meeting over at work and I'm still working on the notes I took for the assembly. But I think you'll like the final result of my expanded room, it is very spacious, so there's finally enough room for that realm of battle, those extra large games of Space Hulk or those other things that require lots of space.
Yessss, first thing I want to do when I come over is play an exciting game of 40k with you.. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne

edit.

Yessss, first thing I want to do when I come over is play an exciting game of 40k with you.. talk2hand

Sex!  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:55 pm
Sir Kyle Aziz
Kaori Kapoigne
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne

edit.

Sex!
HAHA, no. stare  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games