Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 299 300 301 302 303 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:46 pm
Nikkiquin
User Image
◦ ۩ ۞ Nicolette "Nikki" Ardeoavis ۞ ۩ ◦
Hufflepuff First Year Barn Owl (CLICK) Aberforth "Abe"
Wand (CLICK) Holly 13.75" Bendy Phoenix Feather Core

◦ ۩ ◦ {{ OOC }} - I never got to reply to all the magick goodness on the train thanks to life being sucky and stressful. I really wanted to join in so I thought ya'll might want to continue the conversation here. Hope that's okay. <3 (I really wish the Gaia App let you go in guilds. Then I could reply a little easier.)

I used to study magick when I was a teenager (and even into my early 20's). I'm still quite fond of Tarot reading as well as crystal studies. My Tarot cards were passed down to me from my mother. She was AMAZING at reading the future.

I don't actively practice Wicca like I used to. Having said that, I do have some knowledge on the subject. A great all around book that I own is
The Spiral Dance by Starhawk (an update to the book can be found HERE). It was the first book ever recommended to me when I started looking into magick. It's a little controversial in some respects but it's a well rounded book for getting you the knowledge you need to start practicing Wicca.

James, I had a friend who was a druidic mage. He bought me a really good book on it but I can't seem to track it down. (He referred to it as his "bible".) If I can find where it's wandered off to I'll post a link for it. ^w^ - {{ /OOC }} ◦ ۩ ◦

Nikki walked into the Great Hall excitedly. She had really enjoyed the train ride with her new friends. They had all been super kind and welcoming as they were back when she'd departed for the summer. Lurking by the door, Nikki hoped to catch up with some of them again. "Eee I'm finally here in Hogwarts! I'm so crazy excited I should be committed!" Nikki laughed merrily.

"Although..." she added thoughtfully. "That conductor really needs to lighten up. If he likes that hat so much he should've bought more than one" Nikki sighed shaking her head with a bemused grin.

ApostleOfTheWind13
Clover_IceQueen
Mothette x
techpriest35
id really like to read that book im always interested in finding more cool stuff  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:28 pm
((Ditch the app, instead bookmark the guilds homepage to access all your guilds from your smartphone. It's not ideal but it works.

I keep hearing recommendations for Spiral Dance but I put off getting it because it seems very Wicca/eclectic neopagan focused and I've gone in a very different direction. How is it, really?))

"I'm sure if Erik had more than one hat James would rob him of it more than once!" Crystal follows Nikki into the hall and makes for Slytherin table. "Why don't you sit with me Nicolette?" She pats the seat next to her. A steaming, thatched-top apple pie appears in front of her. "As usual," she says, "look we have pie! Want some?"

SharpProcess

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:47 pm
ooc: That's a really good idea Crystal! I'm going to do that.

Hailey followed Crystal and Nikki into the Great Hall, listening. "I agree with Crystal on this one. James is mischievous enough to where Erik wouldn't get much relief from him even with multiple hats." Having said her piece, she heads to the Ravenclaw table and watches as Nikki and Crystal go over to the Slytherin table. She immediately begins to load her plate with chicken, mashed potatoes and dinner rolls with plans to have a piece of apple pie afterward.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:40 pm
Little Love poked her head around and saw the students eating the big feast that she helped make. She smiled and giggled and jumped up and down with excitement. She ran back to the kitchens to tell the others the news!  

lovekeeper01

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:57 pm
"Bring your plate over Hailey!"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:54 pm
Mothette x
"Bring your plate over Hailey!"
Hailey looked up when she heard Crystal say her name across the hall. She smiled and nodded then picked up her plate and brought it over to where Crystal and Nikki were sitting.  

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:36 am
Oh if erik had more than one hat i would have jinxed his head so that his hat always fell off
*sees the house elf run off*
Remind me to thank the house elves for this awesome feast and for cleaning up after our food fights
*drinks a mug full of a strange liquid that seems to always be refilling*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:10 pm
Nikkiquin

((I'd love to get into tarot readings one day. My friend Nami is pretty good at it, but she won't let anyone else touch her set, even friends. I can understand why, though. I don't let anyone else touch my wand for similar reasons. You never know if someone's negative energy will influence objects or other people, so I keep a close watch on my things.))

Clover looked up at the ceiling of the Great Hall, fascinated by the fact that the roof appeared to be missing but the outside elements were kept out so that the students could dine in peace.
"I wonder if that is some kind of charm that allows for such an effect?" She grinned, looking forward to her classes even more than before.

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:41 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Nikkiquin

((I'd love to get into tarot readings one day. My friend Nami is pretty good at it, but she won't let anyone else touch her set, even friends. I can understand why, though. I don't let anyone else touch my wand for similar reasons. You never know if someone's negative energy will influence objects or other people, so I keep a close watch on my things.))

Clover looked up at the ceiling of the Great Hall, fascinated by the fact that the roof appeared to be missing but the outside elements were kept out so that the students could dine in peace.
"I wonder if that is some kind of charm that allows for such an effect?" She grinned, looking forward to her classes even more than before.

Oh its just a basic charm. Its just a very powerful casting of said charm. its the same charm that makes invisibility cloaks, not the deathly halow but cheap imitiations of it they normally wear out in about a year or two. But hogwarts has a team of witches and and wizards that keep all the magicaleffects and defenses running smoothly.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:50 pm
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
Nikkiquin

Oh its just a basic charm. Its just a very powerful casting of said charm. its the same charm that makes invisibility cloaks, not the deathly halow but cheap imitiations of it they normally wear out in about a year or two. But hogwarts has a team of witches and and wizards that keep all the magicaleffects and defenses running smoothly.

"Do they not get tired?"  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:29 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
Nikkiquin

"Do they not get tired?"

Of course they do but thats why they only need to fix it when something breaks or stips working
Each professor and head of house and the headmaster plus all the ghosts in the castle are responsible for a section of the castle. For instance im head of slytherin house and professor of charms its my job to make sure the charms all work in the duengeons and i work with the defense against the dark arts professor and the bloody baron to make sure the duegeons and lower levels are working properly we each have our own job to do

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:41 pm
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
Nikkiquin

"Do they not get tired?"

Of course they do but thats why they only need to fix it when something breaks or stips working
Each professor and head of house and the headmaster plus all the ghosts in the castle are responsible for a section of the castle. For instance im head of slytherin house and professor of charms its my job to make sure the charms all work in the duengeons and i work with the defense against the dark arts professor and the bloody baron to make sure the duegeons and lower levels are working properly we each have our own job to do

"Oh, p-pleased to meet you, professor! Please, excuse my lack of manners earlier." She lowered her head in respect.  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:52 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35
Clover_IceQueen
Nikkiquin

"Do they not get tired?"

"Oh, p-pleased to meet you, professor! Please, excuse my lack of manners earlier." She lowered her head in respect.
its ok im rather friendly and i dont bite
Classes still have sign ups for about 5 more days you should sign up for some of them its a good way to earn house points and have some fun. This term we have so many classes availble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:55 pm
techpriest35
Classes still have sign ups for about 5 more days you should sign up for some of them its a good way to earn house points and have some fun. This term we have so many classes availble

"I'm certainly glad to hear that. I tend to learn better in classes with nice teachers."  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:59 pm
Clover_IceQueen
techpriest35

"I'm certainly glad to hear that. I tend to learn better in classes with nice teachers."

(ooc my avatar is exactly like my rp character for this guild)
Also if you get tired of classes we have a fall event going
(ooc for classes go to the hals of learning subforum for event games go to event subforum
Each game or class has its own thread in its respective subforum)

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 299 300 301 302 303 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff