Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PaperFoliage

Chatty Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi! I'm Limn Here, also know as Connie. (Bloody heck, what do you say in these things?) I'm studying Visual Arts and Environmental studies. I plan on further my studies and take another degree in illustration or animation. Time will tell! I lean more toward traditional mediums, but I'm really interested in learning digital. Which I should be experimenting now but clearly not.

(*drums fingers*) I like to read, write, draw and use the computer. I'm stuck in a phase where I think everything I do is horrible, so I will be lurking for a long time before I'll ever post my art work. sweatdrop heart

I'm really shy, even online. I don't know what else to say. xd
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:47 pm

hi connie how ae you welcome to the guild! *^_^*

moonprincess70

10,750 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Megathread 100

Irukatheslayer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:28 pm

I guess I should post in the intro thread before I go posting all over the place. Um, I'm Laura, I'm studying animation and I draw constantly. Yeah. Im just looking to help some people out and read peoples advice.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:52 am

Hey! This is Sriean :3 I'm a twin and I share this account with my twin...We own an art shop here no yet complete and I am known as Wolf and her Bear (our best representing animals) I do anime art sometimes...rarely mind you I like detail in all my art though, I do shadowing and rarely color with colored pencils or paint. I need to for on my shadeings and blending and realistic art but other then that i'm good.
Normally I don't draw like something every day but when I do draw something with a burst of imagination its really detail and gorgeous...well something I approve of. To me I don't like people who do art of something simple and alot of people do. I like detail and creativity :3

Okay done with rambling!

Sriean

Saku Pancakes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:44 pm

Hello everyone! Just got accepted today so I thought I'd post something for you all. I'm Ashys, sometimes known as Kami, Allie, or that crazy chick over there. But only sometimes. I'm trying to make my own style, a blending of anime, fashion sketches, and Western comic style. I'm not entirely sure why yet, but it looks okay when I do it even remotely close to right. I tend to work a lot in pencil and ballpoint pen, as that's all I usually have in classes and most of my art has been traditional or tradigital lately. I love doing super-loose sketches and I try to do some everyday. One of my teachers tried to get my class in the habit of doing a full page a day. Needless to say, it didn't work...
Aside from sketching my life away, I like to design clothing too. I started out making things that are considered by most standards unwearable but sometimes I just call it "runway and red carpet couture". I've recently started sewing like the Dickens. I need a sewing machine upgrade before I can go any further sadly. I've also very recently (as in last night) taken an interested in making ball-jointed dolls. Oh, yeah, and I animate too.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:18 pm

Hey there, I'm Memai, I just got accepted today :3 Mmm, I'm 17 and I'll be doing a degree in Graphic (Professional) Design later on this month. I've dabbled in and around the comic scene, so much so that I want to make a carreer out of it ('course, if that doesn't work, my handy dandy degree allows me a wide range of other jobs, including fashion XDD).

Let's see, art-wise I'm a bit on the fence, as in I'm both good in traditional and digital mediums (but I'm more known for the former). Ahaha... what else? Oh, yes. I'm madly in love with Queen, so don't be surprised if that's what you mostly find in my gallery XD I've also a thing for the good-old-days, I adore collecting little vintage trinkets. Currently, I'm on the hunt for a decent 1950's - 1960's leather jacket (greaser style, baby!) ♥

*waves to Iyou* :'D

Memai-kins

A J Artfreak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:20 am

sup yall wink

I'm AJ, 19, currently studying English Lit and Writing...so basically i get a degree which says i can read and write xD I've been to one con as a seller, and i'm going to another this Oct.

I use both traditional and digital mediums, depending on the effect or mood i want. I live in Australia, so i might not catch many people online, and yep, that's most of it ^^
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Irukatheslayer
I guess I should post in the intro thread before I go posting all over the place. Um, I'm Laura, I'm studying animation and I draw constantly. Yeah. Im just looking to help some people out and read peoples advice.

YAY!!! A fellow animator ^.^!!!

whind

Saku Pancakes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:23 pm

Wow, I missed an animator just two posts above my own... Oops! But finding other animators (especially one studying as well) here is so awesome, it makes up for it.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:17 pm

Hello!

Well, I actually got accepted a while back, but I have not really had the time to be properly active in the guild. You can see my username, and you can call me what you like, as long as it isn´t an acronym..... For some reason that irritates me ... terribly sweatdrop

I am a self-taught, wannabe artist, and my art skills are lacking, but I like to pretend that I´m good, and that someday I shall be better! XD

I hope to someday, have a career in art, but I don´t know exactly what career yet ... I prefer digital art (for myself, as I admire all types of art equally).. any suggestions? sweatdrop

Everyone here is so amazing eek

PlatinumChild

lucifer2004x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:58 am

hola, i´m lucifer2004x, studying something that has nothing with art (its mostly technic and enviromental).
so drawing is for my like drug, i cant be without it.
i like manga style (its most suitable for me aka realistic style is beyond my skills ) sweatdrop
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:55 am

Hellu. ^^

I guess i should give my name. My gaia name is iSolitude. My real name is Brittani. :3 I'm sixteen and wanting to learn to draw. I used to be able to draw okay. But after a two year hiatus my art skills have failed. ^^;

Hopefully someday ill get into SCAD and succeed in getting a major in sequential art. (I plan to be a comic artist. NOT a manga artist mind you. :3)

iSolitude

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:34 am

Hey everyone :3...

Welcome to the guild!

I need to apologize for not being here much to update the guild >__<;; been really busy with stuff~~ Hope everyone's doing alright though :F... If there are any problems/questions send me a note~
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:09 am

YOU *points randomly* WITH THE HAIR! Hi
Just thought I'd say hi! ^_^ I am called tiger of snow, tos for short, and would just like to say I'm the biggest art loser in my school! (for shame, tos for shame...) I've been drawing years, lots of years... so many years that I just can't remember how long...
umm... I have no life... work at the local comic book store and ummm.... don't know how else to continue with my pointlessness....

Murkytea

Invisible Gekko

8,275 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:52 pm

*walks in kinda shyly looking around at all these really awesome artists* eep! Hi, i'm Peach on gai or Mary in real life.....I'm 16 and i'm a junior in high school so no fabulous majors for me yet. heh. Well i've been drawing ever since i can remember though i went from the way i used to draw just for the heck of it, to anime. I'm not too good as of yet and have come here to get people's advice on how to improve. I don't plan on having a job in art because they i wouldn't enjoy it as much as i do now if i had to do it. Well i'mma stop going on and on now >.< And ummmm nice to meet you all.
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games