Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
~*The Rantbox*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Ranting a good stress reliever?
The best!
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
I think Art is a better outlet
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Stress??? WHAT STRESS??? *twitch twitch*
56%
 56%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 48

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:08 am

Is it REALLY that HARD to just say "Oh yeah, we do all have similar tastes in _____!" without going on this big ******** rant about how "society sees us" and how we should see ourselves?

Here's a few words I hate now because of wanker Goths ranting in Goth forums with that I'm-More-Goth-Than-You-Because-I-Use-Long-Words-Unnecisarily-In-Rants-About-How-I-Understand-Every-Aspect-Of-Goth attitude:

Society
Mainstream
Labels
Concept
Culture

Thats the short list. Some of the other words I hate are only winced at when they're a part of a sentence that's about the Goth culture (GODDAMN I hate that term now). For example, two of our fine members had these to say not long ago:

"On the other hand, certain fashions (such as the victorian influenced "Romantigoth" look) are so far from mainstream conventions that it's almost become an invisible badge of pride."
and
"...the development of fashion "guidelines," or types, are what lead to the dissolving of a subculture into mainstream. Easier consumption maybe."

You aren't writing a novel. You can speak normally. Trying to sound like Kat from 'Ten Things I Hate About You' is not cool. I know, I used to think it was... when I was 15. O_O
And you don't have to use quotation marks on everything. Use them when you're QUOTING something! Not when you use the word normal.

WE KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! WE KNOW THAT GOTH ISN'T JUST ABOUT ONE THING! QUIT MAKING SWEEPING STATEMENTS AND JUST POST NORMALLY ON A TOPIC FOR ONCE! IT WON'T KILL YOU!
You are NOT the Goth God who needs to 'fix' everyone's topics with a comment about how Goth really isn't this or that. You are no more Goth than the next person in here- stop trying by be better than everyone. The only people who reply in like to your comments are just like you- elitist- so don't think that means that everyone is agreeing with you.

~

And while I'm here- stop bagging Hot Topic. So you don't like their clothes. So what? Do you have to rag on everyone who does? ********>  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:34 am
One thing I've noticed recently, is that goth is becoming more and more of a trend. I read magazines like CosmoGirl and Seventeen, and I usually just skip over the fashion and beauty sections and go right to the real life articles, but sometimes I notice something that makes me want to puke: fashion articles saying that the "goth" or "dark" look is one of the "lastest trends."

I have nothing wrong with girls wearing goth clothing if they really are goth, but I do have a problem with people wearing goth clothing just because it's "in." Then they put on a lot f black and whatever the magazine advertises, then go around saying "oh look guys, I'm goth!" As if wearing all black and a crapload of skulls is going to make you goth. They usually have no idea what being goth is really about, and don't seem to realize that goth isn't about wearing "goth" clothes and acting all obsessed with death and blood.

Then, while I love seeing goth clothes in non-goth stores, sometimes a store will sell a lot of goth clothes because they're "in season," which just really ticks me off, because while I know I'll truly be expressing myself, a lot of girls will be walking around dressed as goths and giving the rest of us a bad name, because more and more people will be convinced that goths are just being goth to be "cool," which is not true at all.

I know clothes don't make the goth, and I wish more people would realize this. I with they'd realize that goth isn't a "trend" or a "fad," it's a lifestyle and a state of mind that can't simply be immitated for the sake of fashion.  

Freedom Fire

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:42 am
spooky_sez

Is it REALLY that HARD to just say "Oh yeah, we do all have similar tastes in _____!" without going on this big ******** rant about how "society sees us" and how we should see ourselves?

Here's a few words I hate now because of wanker Goths ranting in Goth forums with that I'm-More-Goth-Than-You-Because-I-Use-Long-Words-Unnecisarily-In-Rants-About-How-I-Understand-Every-Aspect-Of-Goth attitude:

Society
Mainstream
Labels
Concept
Culture

Thats the short list. Some of the other words I hate are only winced at when they're a part of a sentence that's about the Goth culture (GODDAMN I hate that term now). For example, two of our fine members had these to say not long ago:

"On the other hand, certain fashions (such as the victorian influenced "Romantigoth" look) are so far from mainstream conventions that it's almost become an invisible badge of pride."
and
"...the development of fashion "guidelines," or types, are what lead to the dissolving of a subculture into mainstream. Easier consumption maybe."

You aren't writing a novel. You can speak normally. Trying to sound like Kat from 'Ten Things I Hate About You' is not cool. I know, I used to think it was... when I was 15. O_O
And you don't have to use quotation marks on everything. Use them when you're QUOTING something! Not when you use the word normal.

WE KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! WE KNOW THAT GOTH ISN'T JUST ABOUT ONE THING! QUIT MAKING SWEEPING STATEMENTS AND JUST POST NORMALLY ON A TOPIC FOR ONCE! IT WON'T KILL YOU!
You are NOT the Goth God who needs to 'fix' everyone's topics with a comment about how Goth really isn't this or that. You are no more Goth than the next person in here- stop trying by be better than everyone. The only people who reply in like to your comments are just like you- elitist- so don't think that means that everyone is agreeing with you.

~

And while I'm here- stop bagging Hot Topic. So you don't like their clothes. So what? Do you have to rag on everyone who does? ******** class="clear">

Well said, I completely agree. And if I came across as one of these people or if I ever actually did or said something like that here, I'm sorry. I know I'm not "as goth" as a lot of people here. Maybe some people just feel the need to prove to everyone else that they're not posers. I know I hate it when people call me a poser, because I try hard not to be. I just think maybe all this is insecurity, like "I have to remind everyone here I really am goth!"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:12 pm
Freedom Fire
spooky_sez

Society
Mainstream
Labels
Concept
Culture

and

~

And while I'm here- stop bagging Hot Topic. So you don't like their clothes. So what? Do you have to rag on everyone who does? ******** class="clear">

Well said, I completely agree. And if I came across as one of these people or if I ever actually did or said something like that here, I'm sorry. I know I'm not "as goth" as a lot of people here. Maybe some people just feel the need to prove to everyone else that they're not posers. I know I hate it when people call me a poser, because I try hard not to be. I just think maybe all this is insecurity, like "I have to remind everyone here I really am goth!"

You don't have to prove anything to anyone.
I just wish everyone else understood that- always trying to make themselves sound smarter. Gah.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Oterys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:20 am
This morning's rant is about...stupid people and an absurd amount of disrespect.
Last night I was online, and made the nerve-fatal mistake of accepting a random gaian into a guild where I serve as a mod...
Oh, why did I do that?!
The guy was an idiot! It was a mod's nightmare really. I try to be diplomatic with the members of the guild, I do what I can to help the new members find their way through the maze of subforums and whatnot. And what do I get for my trouble? I get called 'weak' and was forced to read the dumbass the riot act. I think I'm going to have to ban him. In one night the violations have piled up. Most people don't violate that many rules without a great deal of effort.
Citations:
1. PMing the hell out of the only mod on duty
2. Disrespecting the guild owner/mods
3. Disrespecting the VC
4. bitching about the guild (disrespecting the guild and its members)
5. Using ebonics
6. Using ebonics again!
7. Pointless posts
8. Spam
I could just kill the dork...literally I'd like to strangle the life out of him and devour the soul he claims not to have.
Damn I hate stupid, clueless people...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:40 pm
This two kids in my German class. Oh, my GOD I seriously want to break their noses. ...but I won't. S'not how I do. They'd have to say or do something just completely and insanely obnoxious or offensive to get me to do that. I'm usually passive towards the person being stupid, then rant to other people. xd

This one girl:

"I don't know why we call it "the Land of the Free." We have to pay for everything!"

Then, there's this kid; we call him Dicka Frau. She flips out at him for no damned reason. He freaking asked the teacher a question, and she said, "Shut the ******** up, Dicka Frau!! You're ********' annoying!" UGH!

And her friend; I hate him, too. We had to do this fashion show thing, where we make three paragraphs, in German, about what we're wearing. Well, we needed music, and this kid...all he had to say was, "You guys are going to be afraid of my music. Seriously." He said the same thing when he was about to do his project. "Be afraid of my music...peoples." This is the kid who listens to As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, From Autumn To Ashes, and things like that. Now, I don't have a problem with those bands, but I do have an issue with him being the kind of kid who's like, "OMGLOLI'M SOOOO WEIRD!!1one!" Every other "emo" kid thinks that they're such a freaking individual, or that they're weird. And most of the time, that's not even freaking true. Usually they're just being stupid. Also, this is the kid who sits there writing "HxC!" on his fingers, and doesn't even listen to any Hardcore bands.

Basically, I hate these two kids.
More like, severely dislike.
I only hate one person in this world so far.  

x Socks x

Sisemen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:10 am
Why the hell do I have to press one for english?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:03 pm
UGH! I am sick and tired of everyones stupid comments about Hottopic-- "People who shop there are posers" and "Real goths dont shop there!" WTF PEOPLE!? Just becuase you like a certain brand of clothing that they carry or anything else in that store doesnt make you a poser! And its ridiculous to generalize every single effing human being that steps foot in that store with intension to buy something!! -growls-

...-ahem- Thank you, I'm done now. biggrin

Shiiba

Endlos Blut Staub

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:17 am
GOOD GOD!
This morning I stepped five steps passed frigg'n insanity!

First..I get like NO SLEEP b/c i'm a frigg'n insomiac! and have messed up sleeping patterns.

I get up to go to school at 5:35 AM (which besdies 3AM is one or the most UNGODLY hours EVER to me)

i have a cup of coffee..get my make up on..and get dressed..i walk down to my bus stop and stand in the cold for 30 friggen minutes...

THEN...THEN THEY TELL ME NO SCHOOL TODAY!

I COULD BE ASLEEP RIGHT NOW~!
BUT NO INSTEAD I'M HOPPED UP ON COFFEE
TYPING ON GAIA
TRYING TO FIGURE OUT
WHY THIS ON GIRL HATES ME!

AND FOR THAT MATTER!
WHY SHOULD SHE HATE ME? I DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO HER! SHE LIED TO ME! MADE ME CRY INFRONT OF THE WHOLE CLASS (which is not a thing i usally do. ya know it's just not me to sob like a baby infront of everyone) AND THEN SUDDENLY SHE DITCHES ME! GOES OUT WITH HER STUPID X-BOYFRIEND WHO DOESNT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT HER! ALSDKJ

(that was a spaz)

THEN...THEN! SHE GLARES AT ME ALL THE TIME AND I'M LIKE WTF? GET AWAY FROM ME! It's like
Dude! leave..me alone!
I dont even talk to her!

(okay so me and one other girl used to talk about her, but i was just letting the other girl rant...and just agree b/c i didnt feel like being on two peoples bad sides)

Frigg'n stupid highschool drama crap
DOES IT EVER END?!

And then her stupid boy friend calls me a "Fat Little *itch" LIKE THAT HURTS! I've suffered years of tourment for school childern, even ones younger than me. If that was supossed to hurt, then he fails in life.

That frigg'n egocentric ;alksjdfl;kjasdf

i.
hate.
him.
so.
much.

I'm too tired,
Too busy,
and way too annoyed to put up with it anymore

I hope she gets an STD. I bet she already has one...her boyfriend is a hairy monkey...--_--;

okay...i'm done. and feel alot better now. i'm gonna go to sleep.
THANKS! ^__^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:11 pm
spooky_sez
and

You aren't writing a novel. You can speak normally.

The thing you're forgetting is that some of us actually talk like that. I agree that posts which go on and on and on while trying to define goth are pretentious, but there's nothing intrinsically snooty about using big words. We are not necessarily trying to show you up, make you feel stupid, or stroke our own little bruised egos. We might, just possibly, be living in an academic environment where that kind of discussion is normal.  

Veruniel
Crew

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:01 pm
I have had it up to HERE with insults, put-downs and inappropriate comments. Did I come to this guild to bask in the warm glow of INTERNET FLAME-WARS? No, I did NOT.

For your information (and there are some of you here who desperately need it), it is possible to respect someone who doesn't agree with you. It is possible to disagree without hurling insults. It is possible to discuss things calmly, bite back your hissy fits, and not hate someone with every fibre of your being just because ohnoes, they think you're wrong! NO ONE is going to convert everyone else to their own idealistic crusades, and if you can't deal with that, you're going to have serious problems with this thing called LIFE.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:59 pm
lurichan
Why do people cheat at avi contests!?!?! It's annoying and frustrating and downright rude. I'm sick of people with super expensive items always winning and everyone else getting left in the dust!

I agree. I have nothing but cheap stuff and I think I look cool!! heart  

angelguardien

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:17 am
Ok, Now is my turn topic. evil
Beware:: I have many topics.

TOPIC 1:: Hot Topic
Ok, for those of you who dis the place and the people who shop there, STOP OK! I live in a place where being Gothic is kinda rare and those who are, are normally posers. I understand they shop at Hot Topic, which makes me fume. I am a poor girl, and really, Hot Topic is the only place I can get the kinda clothes that I like. I like to look at clothes on online stores, but in all seriousness, I can't afford then, nor do I have a credit card(neither does my mom). Dis me if you like, but I am SO SORRY that I'm poor and can't afford the more expensive clothes. Truthfully I can't afford the stuff they have at Hot Topic most of the time. eek

Topic 2:: School
We all either hate it or love it, I HATE school. I enjoy learning and pushing my academic limits, but I absolutely hate the kids in the schools I've been in. So far the two schools I've been in, Corry and Wattsburg, I've had a few friends and everyone else basically hated me. School 1&3(moved from then back)-Corry:: The 2 friends I had ended up being my two worst enemies by the time I was about to move(which I still haven't yet, Mom is home-schooling). Because of this, I turned to my older bro(hes a Junior, I'm a freshman), I started sitting with him at lunch. His friends were mostly really retarded, but my ex-boyfriend sat there (and he's learned that I don't want him back, so we're cool now) so I decided to stay, plus, they were someone to talk to and they didn't hate me. School2-Wattsburg:: Ok I practically LOVE this school. I made friends really fast here. There was my little group, and then there was everyone who hated us because we were "different" GRRRRR scream
I also hate the teachers who have no idea how to teach right! I want to go to college and maybe be some kind of scientist, or maybe just a writer or something. Because of the teachers In Corry, It may now be harder for me to get there. They have NO IDEA how to teach high-schoolers, and that pisses me off.

Topic 3:: Government
For everyones sake, I will try to make this short because I could literally go on FOREVER on this topic. The one thing I need to rant about though, is this: can't the government stay out of the way when it comes to relationships? I am currently in a illegal relationship. My boyfriend is 19 ans I am almost 15. We have been going out for almost 7 months and I can't tell too many people about it because of the age difference scream I love him alot and I can't even express my joy because I don't want anybody finding out because then he would go to JAIL crying And I DO Not want that.

Anyway, I am done ranting, finally.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:35 pm
Grr, ok, first off, YES it is sexist to say that if a girl gets raped it's her fault.

It doesn't matter s**t what she is wearing or how much she has had to drink.

It doesn't matter s**t if she has consented to kiss/make out/anything other than intercourse with the guy.

It doesn't matter s**t for anything other than the guy has FORCED HIMSELF upon the girl.

And YES it is SEXIST, as I have said before. You want to know why? Because it is not only COMMON MANNERS to not shove your d**k into someone without asking first EACH TIME (unless you have come to an arrangement/understanding), but it is voloating that girl's human rights. You should be able to control YOURSELF, blaming it on the victim SHOWS JUST HOW MUCH YOU NOT ONLY DISREPECT HER BUT ALL WOMEN. For this to be acceptable also shows just how much wider society disrespects women. It is acceptable to place blame onto the victim to say:
"she was wearing short/provocative clothing"
"she obviously wanted sex because she was wearing such a short skirt"
"women only dress like that if they want to have sex"

NEWS FLASH! A woman dresses like that because she likes to feel atractive. She likes to know that her desired gender don't find her repulsive. Just because she wears something to show off what she feels is her best asset (skirt - legs, low cut top- bust) DOES NOT GIVE YOU LISENCE TO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO HER. She dresses like that for herself. NOT for men. The mere fact that someone thinks women dress purely to atract men shows that they think women are the play things of men, for their pleasure, little dolls just for them, and that they only exist to serve them. Wow. you're certainly a good boyfriend. Can't wait to be serving you your food at seven on the dot. stare

Oh, yeah, and it's NOT at ALL acceptable to screw a girl while she's drunk. Surprisingly, people don't function too well while inebriated. Thier judment is also ******** up too. Therefore, just because a girl is all over you that night, doesn't mean that when she wakes up she'll be overjoyed to find she'd had sex with someone. It is just common curtosy to make sure the drunk girl gets home safe and unmolested.

The fact that we live in a society that thinks it's perfectly acceptable to take advantage of drunken women chills me to the core.

Oh, and for a firther fact, more women are raped by people they know than by strangers. And nit just by the bad boyfriend pinning 'his' girl down. By guys wanting sex and following through when their partenr's have specified they don't want to have it. THAT IS RAPE. Rape is where someone is forced into sex without their consent. If they don't want to have sex then they don't give their consent. You make your girlfriend have sex with you when she'd rather have a hug YOU ARE RAPING HER.

Just because she grudgingly accepts to keep you quiet and happy doesn't not mean that it's alright. You are still forcing yourself upon her.

Why is this acceptable? Why does this continue to be acceptable? Rape is not something that's "a women's issue" rape within relationships is not a "domestic matter". It is a crime. Tehre is no way that rape is acceptable, women deserve to be able to live their lives without the threat of being raped. That it is still so hard to prosecute or even report a rape is testemony to the fact that despite the laws against it women still have nothing near equal rights. Call me a feminist, cann me a hormonal neurotic girl, I don't give a s**t. Rape is not acceptable and if you think otehrwise for ANY reason you are sexist even if you are a women yourself.

And if you are by gods you are a pitiful creature, you are a crime against your own sex thinking that if a woman dresses provocatively or drinks she 'deserves what she gets'.

NO woman deserves to have her body violated.

NO woman deserves to be raped.  

Isobel Bellamy

x Socks x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:51 pm
My older sister is stupid. I mean really stupid. She's been with this a*****e for almost three years now, and all they do is go out, break up, go out and break up. Why? Because he's a control freak. She brought me to Mall Of America once, and since she wasn't with him, all he had to say was, "YOU'RE WITH GUYS! I BET YOU'RE DRESSED LIKE A SLUT TO GET THE GUY'S ATTENTION! I BET YOUR SISTER ISN'T EVEN THERE! IT'S A SCHOOL DAY!" My sister actually took a picture of the two of us, proving I was there, and that she was just wearing jeans and a sweatshirt with her hair up in a pony-tail; she looked completely normal. She sent it to him, and he said, "I bet you just had the guy stand off to the side, and I bet you just put that sweat shirt on just now for the picture!

They're broken up again. This time it's because he has night time college classes, and my sister has early morning ones. Since he's sleeping during the day, he expects her to stay home all day while he's at his house napping. If she's out hanging out with people, guess what he thinks she's doing? "You're probably having sex with other guys!" He doesn't just ask her, he basically tells her what she's doing without even having been there. He doesn't just accuse like, "Were you with other guys?" He seriously tells her she was, even though she wasn't. My sister isn't exactly the type of girl to stay with someone just to cheat on them with other people. She always says, "If I wanted to go ******** other guys all the time, I wouldn't bother with a boyfriend."

I'm so ******** sick of this kid. I hate him. Moreso than I have since the beginning of all of this. This is just getting completely ridiculous.

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games