Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:34 pm
Albino - Cedric
Would an item that allows boxed Pokémon to gain EXP be a possibility in the future sometime?

It's certainly a possibility, although it would take some figuring out, since we would have to work out a way so that it makes sense, and doesn't just passively, constantly power pokemon up. It's more likely that we'll create something like an exp share, or do things like what's available at the Tanabata festival, where you can place a pokemon in a passive Day Care for them to gain levels, so that the gained levels are earned or have some cap, but it's definitely possible that something like that could be developed ^^

Dragon Knight Karasu
Uh....Question. Could I have a ferry or an NPC with Surf take Sarah to Canalave City so she can get to Tanabata? Going back to Twinleaf would be bothersome. sweatdrop

SpectralEternity

I'm sorry, but we can't make exceptions on the travel requirements >< ;; We wouldn't have put that it requires surf if it didn't... require surf :c And we can't change that just because. I don't think Jubilife is very far from Twinleaf, though, and the posts dont' have to be incredibly long to get there or anything. I'm sorry about the inconvenience D:  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:42 pm
So I'm an idiot for never asking about it, but when it comes to wild encounters and NPC battles, is there some system to how the wild/opposing Pokemon attack or am I just calling out their moves from their appropriate moveset?

IswearthisisnotwhyIhaven'tpostedinhellalong. Okay,maybeitis.  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:44 pm
Jin the Shadow Wolf
So I'm an idiot for never asking about it, but when it comes to wild encounters and NPC battles, is there some system to how the wild/opposing Pokemon attack or am I just calling out their moves from their appropriate moveset?

Yeah, you get to pick what moves they use against you. But if you want to make it more 'fair' you can roll/generate a number for what move they use from their appropriate moveset.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:49 pm
Vigilia
Jin the Shadow Wolf

Yeah, you get to pick what moves they use against you. But if you want to make it more 'fair' you can roll/generate a number for what move they use from their appropriate moveset.

Sounds good. Thank you very much for the clarification. :3  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Dragon Knight Karasu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:53 pm
Loonamist

Right. Because the whole "NPC with Surf" was totally not an option. You know, at least PHL was leniant when of came certain travel requirements during events. Guess that was considered unfair, so it was knocked to the side.

It actually IS that far from Jubilife when you can only manage one or two posts a day and can't get on everyday like everyone else. Thank you for making it difficult for Sarah to attend Tanabata. She'll have a week by the time she gets there, if I'm lucky.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:12 pm
Dragon Knight Karasu
Loonamist

Right. Because the whole "NPC with Surf" was totally not an option. You know, at least PHL was leniant when of came certain travel requirements during events. Guess that was considered unfair, so it was knocked to the side.

It actually IS that far from Jubilife when you can only manage one or two posts a day and can't get on everyday like everyone else. Thank you for making it difficult for Sarah to attend Tanabata. She'll have a week by the time she gets there, if I'm lucky.

My experience in PHL2 was limited, but the only time I remember hearing about them changing transportation rules was for the Around the World race, where you actually HAD to go to specific locations, and therefore they had to make them all accessible to everyone. I don't remember them doing any changes like that for something like the Carnival.

We can't change the rules just because of something like that o-o And we've actually been trying to add more travel locations, like ports and such, to assist. If you want to focus on that, and consider us keeping to our rules, especially when we've observed people use moments of generosity as arguments for why we should bend our rules again in the future, as us being unreasonable, I can't really do or say anything about that. I'm sorry you feel that way.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Dragon Knight Karasu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:45 pm
Loonamist
And we've actually been trying to add more travel locations, like ports and such, to assist. If you want to focus on that, and consider us keeping to our rules, especially when we've observed people use moments of generosity as arguments for why we should bend our rules again in the future, as us being unreasonable, I can't really do or say anything about that. I'm sorry you feel that way.

...What? That's just a jumble of words I don't understand. Actually, just forget it. Understanding will only piss me off more. See you around.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:27 am
Rose Incense question: Does it include starters and for Kalos would that include Kanto starters since in X and Y you get both regions starters in that region  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lucifer Lord of Torment

1,575 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 am
i have a few serious questions.
vry srs.

first question:
how many items can we post for at a time at the tanabata event?
by items, i of course mean island exclusive items.
second question:
can a character play all the levels of the fishing game, or only one level per day?
avonlea would like to know so she can have a possible pride streak.
third question:
is it alright if i save up the island posting items i post for and have them given to avonlea as a "thanks for coming" or secret admirer package?
i'm pretty sure i can, but better safe than sorry.
fourth question:
does winning side prizes like plush toys and stuff cost actual tickets, or can we just make up a game to play?
mikhail will want a charizard plush toy, and avonlea will find that adorable.
final question:
how would avonlea go about getting some of those tiny fish pokémon for her cottage from the festival workers?
she's going to fall in love with them all.

that last one was just there for silly's sake, but i think avonlea will be very serious about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:08 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Rose Incense question: Does it include starters and for Kalos would that include Kanto starters since in X and Y you get both regions starters in that region

My apologies, looking at the Rose Incense again I realized that description is very confusing. The word "region" was meant to be as in the area you are in, such as Azalea Town, if you're in Johto. I've reworded the description so that it better explains what the Rose Incense is supposed to do:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rose Incense: Effect: Wild Pokemon from your current location's wild pokemon list will appear every RP post for 24 hours without reducing post counters. Changing locations will not cancel out the incense's effect. To Obtain: Event Item only Notes: Consumed after use.

So in this case, it basically allows pokemon from the list of wild pokemon from whatever area you're in come every post without cost of a wild pokemon counter. It is not like the Odd Incense where you roll a type of pokemon and can pick whichever first stage pokemon you want of that type and have it come, Rose Incense is more restricted to the area you're in, but it allows for endless RNGs of wild pokemon from any area you're in for 24 hours.

Lucifer Lord of Torment
i have a few serious questions.
vry srs.

first question:
how many items can we post for at a time at the tanabata event?
by items, i of course mean island exclusive items.
second question:
can a character play all the levels of the fishing game, or only one level per day?
avonlea would like to know so she can have a possible pride streak.
third question:
is it alright if i save up the island posting items i post for and have them given to avonlea as a "thanks for coming" or secret admirer package?
i'm pretty sure i can, but better safe than sorry.
fourth question:
does winning side prizes like plush toys and stuff cost actual tickets, or can we just make up a game to play?
mikhail will want a charizard plush toy, and avonlea will find that adorable.
final question:
how would avonlea go about getting some of those tiny fish pokémon for her cottage from the festival workers?
she's going to fall in love with them all.

that last one was just there for silly's sake, but i think avonlea will be very serious about it.

Hooo my so many questions :0 haha

Like with the rest of the guild, you may only post for one area specific item at a time. Of course you can also simultaneously post for a "post anywhere" item at the Tanabata. The area specific items at the tanabata have reduced post counters than the items would normally have in their respective areas throughout the guild, and then in some areas there are even event items available for posting, not at a reduced post cost obviously since they aren't postable, so the fact that they are postable at the tanabata is a gift in of itself ;b

The fishing game doesn't have "levels" so much as you pick your risk. You can choose any of the difficulties, but only once a day, therein lies the risk. By picking a less risky fish to try and catch, you have a greater chance of walking away with more than one ticket from that game per day, but if you pick a more risky fish and happen to roll the right number, you get a ton of tickets. So it's really up to you how much you're willing to put into stock. :0

If you would like to post for the items you want and then leave them unclaimed once you have finished posting for them in the interest of giving all of the items to Avonlea in one big care package, then that is perfectly fine. Just make sure you've finished posting for each individual item before you start posting for the next. c:

If you would like to make up prizes for your character to get such as plush toys and accessories that do not benefit battles or your pokemon in any way other than RP plot, that is perfectly fine, and would not cost any actual tickets. You could make up a game for Avonlea to play and win a plush charizard if you would like. I'm actually planning on doing something similar with a few of my characters as well haha~ Natalia is a sucker for plushies xD

Heee yes the tiny fish are quite adorable. If you would like to request to keep the tiny pokemon for RP purposes, you may go right on ahead. In fact, if you wanted to have Avonlea keep playing the fish game more than once a day just for fun and no extra tickets, you could do that, and have her win a bunch of the little pokemon to keep. Just remember that these are not battle ready pokemon, because they're tiny and have no attacks. They're just for show :0 So taking them with her and putting them in a little aquarium is a perfectly valid option~  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Lucifer Lord of Torment

1,575 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:43 pm
SpectralEternity

i'm sorry for all the questions! D:

okay. so, i can't post for a crystal shard and a fossil simultaneously then.
gotcha.

by "levels", i meant difficulties.
sorry....
i'm a hardcore gamer, and i say levels a lot.
levels!
see? XD

i will make sure i get all the necessary posts.
don't worry, cap'n!

ooo.
side games.
yay!

great!
now i have to figure out how to do that.
she won't be home to feed them too often.
at least not until she gets FLY.
hmmm....
eh. i'll figure something out.

thanks for getting back to me, specs!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:49 pm
Lucifer Lord of Torment
SpectralEternity

i'm sorry for all the questions! D:

okay. so, i can't post for a crystal shard and a fossil simultaneously then.
gotcha.

by "levels", i meant difficulties.
sorry....
i'm a hardcore gamer, and i say levels a lot.
levels!
see? XD

i will make sure i get all the necessary posts.
don't worry, cap'n!

ooo.
side games.
yay!

great!
now i have to figure out how to do that.
she won't be home to feed them too often.
at least not until she gets FLY.
hmmm....
eh. i'll figure something out.

thanks for getting back to me, specs!

It's okay! I love questions~ <3

Mhm that's right c:

Heehee it's okay, I could see the distinction. I guess they could be considered "levels" but I just wanted to clarify, because you can go straight to the wailmer without trying to fish in each of the lower risk options :0

Lol hardcore gamer's UNITE! -hi fives-

Alrighty! Thank you~ <3

Heehee yeah no don't limit yourself to the specified games. You could totally make up games and rides as you see fit, the games we listed are just the only ones you can earn actual tickets from each day. That doesn't mean there's not other games :0

Haha~ Maybe hire like... a pet sitter sort of deal? lol. Or maybe you could have one of those little food dispensers, it could feed them fish flakes in a timely manner for long periods of time until Avonlea comes back to visit x3

No problem~ Glad to help o wo  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:10 am
So I know that when starting in Kalos the Lab is in Vaniville Town to collect your starter. So if I want to give a Ragecandybar to Professor Sycamore do I go there or to South Lumiose like in the game?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:53 am
Shadow - Dragon
So I know that when starting in Kalos the Lab is in Vaniville Town to collect your starter. So if I want to give a Ragecandybar to Professor Sycamore do I go there or to South Lumiose like in the game?

Vaniville town.

Think of the South Lumiose location as more like a research center.  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:49 pm
Ability Question: Sheer Force - raises moves with addition effect x 1.3 dam, negates secondary effects

And move for example:
Heat Wave - 95 || 4/10 Chance of Burn

-------------

So does that mean that Heat Wave does 124 damage and no chance of burn? Am I getting that right? Does that mean that any move that has the chance of burn, flinch, poison, etc loses that effect for more power no matter what?  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games