Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
who the ******** are you people anyway. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glass Soldier

Aged Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:47 pm
I'm gangster? ******** yea cool

Anyway, my real name is Cameron. I'm a second year psychology student from California. Currently unemployed. Uhhmmmmm, Im really into reading when I have the time for it, Currently playing HoN and Nuclear Dawn and Terraria and more, have tf2, hit me up on steam if you wanna play something.

other than that uhh.... pfffffbbbt.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:15 am
Thanks for the invite! 8D (totally didn't think I'd been invited to a rally kid guild at first emotion_awesome )

I'm a 20 year old student in my final year of university, studying English Lit with Creative Writing. I'm a full time student which is equal to being a hobo, except we live in damp, cold mouldy houses. emotion_c8
Other than that, I play games (badly), I eat food and I sleep a lot. Oh and I live in the UK.

Gaia terms, I've been lurking around since 2007 and the GCD has been my 'home forum' since I discovered MC's in 2008 (It took me like, 5 months to discover them wtf was I doing?).  

Novalkyr

Shy Rogue

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 am
Glass Soldier

Anyway, my real name is Cameron. I'm a second year psychology student from California. Currently unemployed. Uhhmmmmm, Im really into reading when I have the time for it, Currently playing HoN and Nuclear Dawn and Terraria and more, have tf2, hit me up on steam if you wanna play something.

People still play HoN?

I thought everyone ditched it for LoL.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:40 am
Eudaemon

People still play HoN?

I was under the impression that HoN is where the jaded oldbies of DotA resided because they find that LoL is too ridden with scrubby nub casuals.  

warrior_of_boognish

Destructive Lunatic

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:32 pm
warrior_of_boognish
Eudaemon

People still play HoN?

I was under the impression that HoN is where the jaded oldbies of DotA resided because they find that LoL is too ridden with scrubby nub casuals.

I'm probably a bit misinformed, since the General Discussion kiddies on LoL claim HoN is dead/sucks/is a rip-off/has a horrible UI. I've never played HoN, but I might since it is f2p now. LoL has a decent sized competitive player base, but I'd say 99.5% of people play for fun and aren't serious at all. Trolls, feeders, AFKers and ragers are really, really common. Also, they promote horrible behavior from their pro players by not banning them. (there is this pro player who people pay him to play with them or to raise their ELO, asks sexual favors in exchange for him raising their ELO, is very vulgar when chatting with his teammates, etc.)

The thing I like about HoN is that they have a wide variety of heroes, from insect women to typical warriors to a freaking panda and owl. I like Valkyrie--there is a champion very similar to her on LoL, but they destroyed her and she's unusable.

LoL tends to be a bit dull in the champion design department, especially since they refuse to make non-humanoid females or "champions that people wouldn't want to be". They blame the failure of a champion on its design opposed to its abilities (for example, there was a robotic ballerina champion with an orb and they blamed the reason she failed was not due to overnerfing her, but because she was a robot ballerina.)

tl;dr Long rant rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:43 pm
Eudaemon
Glass Soldier

People still play HoN?

It has a decently sized community from what I can see, but yea I imagine a lot of people jumped ship just like they will when dota2 drops.
I don't really know anything about LoL. No one to play it with really, so I havent taken the time to look into it. Besides that, Im terrible at these types of games. fml.  

Glass Soldier

Aged Phantom

Glass Soldier

Aged Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 pm
warrior_of_boognish
Eudaemon

People still play HoN?

HoN is too riddled with scrubby nub casuals for HoN vets.
If they had their way the entire community would be all of like, 50 people.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 pm
cool  

Striker the legend

Justice Genius

31,050 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Glass Soldier

Aged Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:49 pm
Eudaemon
warrior_of_boognish
Eudaemon

People still play HoN?

I'm probably a bit misinformed, since the General Discussion kiddies on LoL claim HoN is dead/sucks/is a rip-off/has a horrible UI. I've never played HoN, but I might since it is f2p now. LoL has a decent sized competitive player base, but I'd say 99.5% of people play for fun and aren't serious at all. Trolls, feeders, AFKers and ragers are really, really common. Also, they promote horrible behavior from their pro players by not banning them. (there is this pro player who people pay him to play with them or to raise their ELO, asks sexual favors in exchange for him raising their ELO, is very vulgar when chatting with his teammates, etc.)

The thing I like about HoN is that they have a wide variety of heroes, from insect women to typical warriors to a freaking panda and owl. I like Valkyrie--there is a champion very similar to her on LoL, but they destroyed her and she's unusable.

LoL tends to be a bit dull in the champion design department, especially since they refuse to make non-humanoid females or "champions that people wouldn't want to be". They blame the failure of a champion on its design opposed to its abilities (for example, there was a robotic ballerina champion with an orb and they blamed the reason she failed was not due to overnerfing her, but because she was a robot ballerina.)

tl;dr Long rant rofl
As far as the UI goes, recent updates have made it very nice, especially in the in-game shop where its all organized pretty well. A guide system was implemented for us scrubs so we can get a feel for the items. A mentor system is up to help raise the level of play.
PubMM has all the problems you mentioned, and the competitive/pro scene isnt much better. I dont think its the game but the type of people the game attracts.

also yes, the hero design is neat-o, even if some of the new heroes are a bit OP  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:39 pm
I have about 3 weeks into medical school, I wanna become a doctor and help people C:  

SuccuViv

Demonic Lover

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 pm
Viviette Valentine
I have about 3 weeks into medical school, I wanna become a doctor and help people C:

What kind of doctor?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:05 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
What kind of doctor?
So far I'm thinking psychiatry, it really interests me, or maybe oncologist~ why? =O  

SuccuViv

Demonic Lover

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:15 pm
Viviette Valentine
MrsrachaelSnape
Viviette Valentine

What kind of doctor?
So far I'm thinking psychiatry, it really interests me, or maybe oncologist~ why? =O

which one pay more and has better hours?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:19 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
I don't know XD;;; I still have 6 or so years to think, I'm not in a rush hahaha XD  

SuccuViv

Demonic Lover

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm
Viviette Valentine
MrsrachaelSnape
I don't know XD;;; I still have 6 or so years to think, I'm not in a rush hahaha XD

You must choose now, it's life or death! twisted emotion_awesome  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces