Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Release thread - Horus Heresy & 7TV Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Coming soon from BL, the last part in the Nagash trilogy and the another 40k novel from Richard Williams:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 pm

While we're at it, all non-GW releases:

Bolt Action Soviet anti tank teams:
Pack contains one AT rifle, one panzerfaust and one anti-tank dog with handler.

Soviet GAZ 67 field car with crew of two:

Privateer Press:

And from our friends over at Infinity, almost every faction gets a blister or dare I say, TAG this month!

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:26 pm

I am increasingly tempted for the Infinity system due to it being cheap on the pocket compared to 40k/WFB excellent miniatures, interesting gameplay (really lethal weapons, overwatch-like reactive orders, combat hackers - no stupid psykers or wizards, make some real world magic like hacking enemy mech to join you) and finally to spite GW monopoly.
My faves so far are either Knightly Orders under Joan of Arc or Aleph's sexy fembots... for those who dont know I'm referring to Asura and Deva models not Dakinins.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:44 am

Personally I'm all Ariadna, except for their furry units, those can burn in hell. I'm also tempted by the Haqqislam and Yu Jing, who have great assassin and ninja models respectively.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:17 am

Lt. Brookman
Personally I'm all Ariadna, except for their furry units, those can burn in hell. I'm also tempted by the Haqqislam and Yu Jing, who have great assassin and ninja models respectively.

The best things about Ariadna are their massive amounts of guerilla camo scout types and that their heavy infantry runs on OS so old that no one remembers how to hack them... oh and those dirty aliens cant posses their cubes because they dont have them razz plus you won't be getting back on your feet after teseum round in the gut... twisted

And dont start me on the ninjas, I've seen Oniwaban cut I-kill-yes in half with monofilament katana... if you are assassin's creed player you certainly should dig ninjas and assassins ninja
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:19 am

The Ariadna WS1 TAG should be popping up some time this Summer if rumours are true.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:57 am

Lt. Brookman
The Ariadna WS1 TAG should be popping up some time this Summer if rumours are true.

ORLY? I expect something sentinel-like then - or similar to the thing piloted in avatar by evilly heroic (or heroically evil...) Col,Quaritch...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:25 am

I'm thinking more along the lines of other faction TAG design, just bigger, heavier, more hard sci-fi.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:51 am

Lt. Brookman
I'm thinking more along the lines of other faction TAG design, just bigger, heavier, more hard sci-fi.

bigger, heavier, more low tech for me it is... we just have to wait and see...
btw, how do you like O-yoroi?
I have to tell krazy koalas are funniest weapon since goblin fanatics...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Still need to read the Infinity rulebook and Human Sphere expansion, so I'm not sure as to what Crazy Koala's actually do. I've been sitting on both books since late March now and have been reading bits and bobs every now and then, but finding the actual time to go through them is hard, especially when I'm going through a pile of Rogue Trader books right now to better prepare myself for the campaign I'm in.

The O-Yoroi is an okay model, not really my style, though I do dig the arms of the pilot sticking out like that. I'm more a fan of the Ninja infantry really when it comes to Yu Jing, which is their best offering in cyber punk for me.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:17 pm

those cute koalas follow around their parent model, until something classed as enemy comes within their range... then they will start running towards it, and once in base contact they hug enemy model and explode burning_eyes
you cant shoot them, you cant melee them, you can just pray you are tough enough to survive some serious explosive damage...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Something to keep in mind and read about when I've got my vacation in October. Though chances are I won't dive into Infinity any time soon. My desk is already overstocked with things to read and do. sweatdrop

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Van Evok
those cute koalas follow around their parent model, until something classed as enemy comes within their range... then they will start running towards it, and once in base contact they hug enemy model and explode burning_eyes
you cant shoot them, you cant melee them, you can just pray you are tough enough to survive some serious explosive damage...

You can't shoot them?
Are they too small? Too well armored? Too fast? Or are those rules just ... overlooked?
What if they are caught in a different explosion that their own?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Tiina Brown
Van Evok

You can't shoot them?
Are they too small? Too well armored? Too fast? Or are those rules just ... overlooked?

it is specifically stated in the rules that you cant destroy them in any way...

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Van Evok
Tiina Brown
Van Evok

You can't shoot them?

it is specifically stated in the rules that you cant destroy them in any way...

But they don't say why?
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games