Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Great British Tea Debate! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you regularly drink tea?
Yes, yes I do.
75%
 75%  [ 43 ]
No, no I do not.
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 57

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:41 pm
ice_illusion
Blue Elec
*cough* my chocolate addiction means I am forced to choose hot chocolate over Tea every time.......... I have a problem, don't I?

Depending on the type of hot choclate and milk to water ratio I could agree with you. Green and Blacks is the best.
Its the wierd people who like coffee that have a problem. The horrible stuff.
Ok, maybe not exactly a problem but an odd taste in beverages.
... sweatdrop ...
It's really hard to choose between tea and coffee...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:13 pm
I had my first cup of coffee in years a few days ago. I had to ask how to make it, I've never used instant coffee before.

It was alright. Ish.

Tea wins though, coffee seems to sour the palate.

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:34 am
Invictus_88
I had my first cup of coffee in years a few days ago. I had to ask how to make it, I've never used instant coffee before.

It was alright. Ish.

That's the point of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:33 am
whapcapn
Invictus_88

It was alright. Ish.

That's the point of it.

Really?

Hm, well. Sod coffee then.

Invictus_88
Captain

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:36 am
I like the smell of coffee but not the taste.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:38 am
Foetus In Fetu

Nonsense! I'll find a cup of coffee you would love. They're are so many different flavours. It's just like tea. You can't dislike tea in general, just a certain flavour. There's bound to be one out there that someone would like!  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:43 am
Timeless Visage
Foetus In Fetu

Nonsense! I'll find a cup of coffee you would love. They're are so many different flavours. It's just like tea. You can't dislike tea in general, just a certain flavour. There's bound to be one out there that someone would like!

Mmm. I'd rather someone else tried; Americans [in general] just don't know how to make a decent hot beverage. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:45 am
Foetus In Fetu
Timeless Visage
Foetus In Fetu

Mmm. I'd rather someone else tried; Americans [in general] just don't know how to make a decent hot beverage. XD

Probably true. XD I haven't had anything in Europe, so I couldn't say one way or the other. I think it's a requirement for me to get a cup of tea while I'm in England come February. 3nodding  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:46 am
Timeless Visage
Probably true. XD I haven't had anything in Europe, so I couldn't say one way or the other. I think it's a requirement for me to get a cup of tea while I'm in England come February. 3nodding

Cup of tea + sausage and chips in a greasy spoon.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:48 am
Foetus In Fetu
Timeless Visage

Chips as in fries? Blech. I hate fries here, I doubt they'd be any better anywhere else.  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:51 am
Timeless Visage
Chips as in fries? Blech. I hate fries here, I doubt they'd be any better anywhere else.

If you mean fries as in the crap they serve in in McDonald's, I can assure you that British chips are quite different and infinitely superior.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:57 am
Foetus In Fetu
Timeless Visage

If you mean fries as in the crap they serve in in McDonald's, I can assure you that British chips are quite different and infinitely superior.

I've had fries from all kinds of restaurants and fast food places. They all taste horrible. gonk But I'll try them when I get there.  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:23 am
Timeless Visage
Foetus In Fetu

Pfft, all different shades of the same. I'm sure.

I've never tried it, but do people here think that Bovril is probably > coffee?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:07 pm
I love tea and coffee almost equally. I'll take a cup of Earl Grey over any sort of flavored or regular coffee any day, though. I never drink tea without milk, but we've run out... sweatdrop Tastes good, I'm just not used to it.  

whathedickens

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:08 am
Foetus In Fetu
Timeless Visage

Oh yes- or a full fried breakfast- yum! There is nothing like a proper workmans caff, you know the food is killing you, but you just don't care xd  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games